6866 - Wolverine's Chopper Showdown

fendiixx

I've seen them sold in small boxes, like the kabaya Lego sets used to come in.  The sellers omit the boxes so they can ship from China in small bubble envelopes.  I still have no idea how some of those listings are profitable for them.  You can find tons of single figures for around $5 (buy it now) with free shipping.  To ship one of those from the US to China, the shipping cost alone would exceed the total payment received from the buyer.  Never mind the cost of the figure, packaging, and eBay/PayPal fees.

• 3 weeks later...

I wish we could share stock! I'm not having trouble moving my last few on this side of the pond. The fakes seem to be hurting parter-outers more than those selling NISB (part speculation on my part) - the kind of people paying $80 for a small Superhero set probably aren't also buying fake minifigs.

My final hope was moving these with the Xmas selling frenzy. But nothing. Did not sell a single one. Was one of the cheapest on ebay Germany. Should I try to sell them internationally? I have still six of these. Hate to have to write them off!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Deadpool minifigs seem to be down to the low $20's on eBay, from a high of around $40 earlier in the year.  There is no new set with Deadpool, so I think this has to be the impact of the counterfeit sellers.  Have any of you guys tried reporting them?  It's not hard to do (there are lots of instructions earlier in this thread and in the counterfeit thread on brickpicker).  It also only takes a minute to email [email protected] and point out the eBay counterfeiting situation to them as well.  Rather than post here to bemoan the falling price of the set, why not take action to defend your investment?

• Like 1

This appears to be a case where you should just be selling 6866 on Amazon. Higher selling prices (I was getting $92-97 during Xmas) and there don't appear to be a bunch of counterfeiters to compete against. Amazon doesn't seem to tolerate them (at least I couldn't easily find a lot of listings)

Seems like any more growth (getting over $100) on this set is mostly over or going to be slow from now on. With the Deadpool movie coming out in 2016, maybe LEGO will release another Deadpool set. 

Edited by grackleflint

• 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...
3 minutes ago, jaisonline said:

not sure if lego will be making another deadpool minifig anytime soon despite the move's success (movie was rated "r"). 

maybe i should have held onto my batch but was worried about the dreaded refresh...  did anyone keep most of their 6866s? 

I did the same thing. Sold all mine except one. Will keep this one for some years.

1 minute ago, Sozial said:

+1, I sold all mine some time ago, the risk of not selling outweighs the potential of more money you will ever ever make in the future by far.

I also have a complete Deadpool I picked up in a lot, as well as another 6866 still sitting here.  I thought about offloading the Deadpool, but haven't checked prices since last weekend.

+1, I sold all mine some time ago, the risk of not selling outweighs the potential of more money you will ever ever make in the future by far.

It also creates an opportunity cost. By selling (and recapitalizing) you can now buy more sets below retail near EOL to sell for more profits that (if you know what you're doing) will exceed future gains of the sets that have already seen a retirement bump.

1 minute ago, Sfcommando14 said:

It also creates an opportunity cost. By selling (and recapitalizing) you can now buy more sets below retail near EOL to sell for more profits that (if you know what you're doing) will exceed future gains of the sets that have already seen a retirement bump.

There are 100s of ways to pluck this chicken.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
Dooh! Where were you one year ago!?

I wasn't really into lego a year ago not the marvel stuff I was collecting some of the Sw range. I know the set now was originally £20 rrp but it's not like someones going to say ok & sell it to me for £20 so I think £75 is better then £100-130 sold some marvel legends on eBay so didn't really cost me anything the real cost will be when I get paid gonna spend about £200 on retired marvel sets

• 8 months later...

I finally had a chance to build 6866 Wolverine's Chopper after eBay's last 8% promo.

Picked up a bunch on-sale from target.com back in 2013 and sold them all last yr.  Never built the set though.  Been kicking myself for not keeping one.

My kid started the build, lost interest and I finished it  

Pretty darn good Superhero set for $20 back in 2012.  The Helicopter is cool. Now if only the seller dude included the correct Wolverine hair element (black Joker hair from the 2006-2008 Batman theme).  I sent him an eBay msg.

IMG_5770.JPG

• Like 3