10937 - Batman: Arkham Asylum Breakout

StarCityBrickCompany

The thought had occurred to me in trying to modularize the Arkham Asylum Breakout but when I glanced over all the included parts, I did not see enough for a potential modular house style build as is. I think the potential is there but it would need a bit more than just what was included in the set (besides a baseplate). Still I love a good challenge; perhaps I can figure something out digitally one of these days. I do like the design in this link Dennan posted.

• 2 weeks later...

It`s highly unlikely that a set like this will retire anytime soon, that`s making an educated prediction based on the life cycle of other set. jaisonline pretty much has got it, and I 100% agree :thumbsup: Although like others hae said, it never hurts to stock up early if you can afford to.

It debuted in early Jan 2013.  It will be around in 2014 and 2015. while i have zero inside knowledge,  i would bet this set is easily on a 24 to 30 month cycle.  it's way too popular like the batcave.

That`s about it!

• Like 1

If you're in the position to stock up from a financial and storage standpoint, there really isn't a bad time to pick up any exclusive, including Arkham.  Double VIP points is going to be the best discount you can get on them, which starts tomorrow.

Myself, i'm a smaller investor/collector and can't afford to have my money tied up in a set like this for a long time, and I don't have the space to store it, so I'm going to take my chances and pick some up when it gets closer to it's "expected" retirement.  Most of these exclusives seem to be around for at least 3 years, sometimes more (see Live Star). 

Arkham isn't going anywhere for a few years, so plan accordingly according to your own investment strategy.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

i just built this set with my some yesterday after buying some as an investment.  at the $160 price point, the set seems small but the play value, looks, and build details of the set are AWESOME. just wish it was bigger (e.g. having another tower that contains jail cells).  i might need to expand the set.

i have no idea if 10937 is on a 2 or 3 year retail life-cycle. nevertheless, i highly recommend buying some to those w/o any.  ...and if you want a fun set for your child, this is great.

• 3 weeks later...

Missing HH isn't that bad. It was available with an eGift on Walmart earlier this year. Now turn your attention to the AA, another egift card there. Get it while it lasts. Those who were smart in stock piling the HH are probably the same ones sniffing at the AA like hounds. The AA will miraculously disappear next year the same way the SSD and HH did.

How does the gift card with AA work? I'm sure I'm missing something but I just went to the Walmart site and didn't see any promo like that

Does not look like it was mentioned in this thread - limit is 2 at LEGO Shop at Home USA

Was limit 5 as of August 17, 2014:  http://web.archive.org/web/20140817040946/http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Batman-Arkham-Asylum-Breakout-10937

I'm getting the idea that these limits are put in place for the holidays. To help maintain a certain amount of predictability in stock levels.