10937 - Batman: Arkham Asylum Breakout

StarCityBrickCompany

I was not a believer in this set until I took a close look at the box a few months back.  It is a gorgeous box.  Great minifigures.  A cool building.  It displays and plays well.  

yeah, a great build also. my 5 year old loves it.

just wish it was bigger.  it is very easy to add another wing or two by getting a used set (or even partial one).

nevertheless, it should do very well after retirement.

I have a theory on the TRU exclusives like 6857.  Notably, that non-TRU sellers get discouraged by TRU's presence in the market, which they see as a bottomless well of inventory.  So they give up and undercut TRU by a couple dollars, just to be done with it and move on.  This delays the day when TRU actually sells out.  But once TRU is sold out, my feeling is the set will quickly climb in price, as a huge amount of hoarded inventory has already been sold by impatient resellers.  That's if counterfeit figures don't ruin 6857, but that's a separate issue.  I think counterfeiting is less of an issue with 10937, but you never know.  As a reseller, you always have to keep one eye on China.

I have a theory on the TRU exclusives like 6857. Notably, that non-TRU sellers get discouraged by TRU's presence in the market, which they see as a bottomless well of inventory. So they give up and undercut TRU by a couple dollars, just to be done with it and move on. This delays the day when TRU actually sells out. But once TRU is sold out, my feeling is the set will quickly climb in price, as a huge amount of hoarded inventory has already been sold by impatient resellers. That's if counterfeit figures don't ruin 6857, but that's a separate issue. I think counterfeiting is less of an issue with 10937, but you never know. As a reseller, you always have to keep one eye on China.

I get the concern with Chinese fakes, but I sold 3x Wolverine 6866 for $95 each last week despite the fact that there is a decool perfect copy of the entire set all over the place. I think that most people ready to drop the money on a retired set are smart enough to know the difference in quality over the knock off.

What is anyones take on AA after it retires, whenever that is.

When I look at ebay it seems like there is a lot more sellers of AA than TH or R2.

I know it can have a completely different customer base.

I am trying to figure out how excited to be about this set.

TH yes

R2 yes

HH yes

Tumbler whenever it goes yes

But this one? I do not see people foaming at the mouth "on brickpicker" about loving this set.

Are there true AA believers out there?

The set is really cool. Batman fans are diehard.

How is that not a winner? ;)

Guest TabbyBoy

The set AA 10937 is at -15% for Brick Friday tomorrow on lego.fr (at least). 

Maybe it is a sign from the gods of EOL... :imsohappy:  

How did you find out, email?  The UK has not told us anything yet.

I took a look at the previous AA set from a few years ago, and this one BLOWS it out of the water. I think this one will be a winner, even with the threat of counterfeit figures slightly devaluing the set. 

Although, if you were a collector & hypothetically going to pay $400 for this set, 2 years from now, i dont think 99 cent reproduction figures will satisfy you.

• Like 1

I took a look at the previous AA set from a few years ago, and this one BLOWS it out of the water. I think this one will be a winner, even with the threat of counterfeit figures slightly devaluing the set. 

Although, if you were a collector & hypothetically going to pay $400 for this set, 2 years from now, i dont think 99 cent reproduction figures will satisfy you.

I'm not a fan of the fakes for any reason, but I wholeheartedly agree: counterfeits are not for collectors. Those buyer pools don't touch.