Selling through Amazon FBA

appleseed1967

Has anyone applied for and received Seller Fulfilled Prime?  I applied today and I'm wondering what to expect.

If anyone is interested, I heard back that I don't meet the threshold yet. You need to have 30 2-day orders in a 30-day span with 96% on time deliveries. Seems like a pretty high volume threshold. Although I added a 2-day method a few days ago for a $19.99 premium cost, and have already had 3 crazies use it on $10-$20 items.

I'm a little  troubled by the listing for 75014 - Battle of Hoth.  When I search for the listing, it doesn't even show up in the first 3 pages of the search results.  When you view the listing, it says it's a Japan Import.  Is there a way to fix this, or should I just chat with a CSR?

Oddly enough, I was checking out the performance of some 2012 SW sets and I noticed this on Amazon as well. I was also a bit surprised at how cheaply these could be had on Ebay. I remember this spiked pretty hard after it disappeared quickly.

Similarly, I am pleasantly surprised by the AT-TE's performance.

• Like 1

I contacted Amazon customer service about one of those "Price gougers!  Buy cheaper elsewhere!" type of "reviews" and asked if it could be removed, and Amazon actually removed it.  So I guess if the BP Patrol works together, a lot of these types of "reviews" could be removed.

If anybody needs further proof that Amazon FBA is a scammer's paradise, I have enclosed a photo of a customer return of 10 Lego 30302.  Amazon's response to seller, prove that the items sent to FBA were complete sets.

20151022_183833.jpg

do you have any 30302 in Amazon? You can ask them to check the remaining stock. Or ask them to prove all the bags are open when they receive it. It is ridiculous they even dare to ask these kind of question. 

do you have any 30302 in Amazon? You can ask them to check the remaining stock. Or ask them to prove all the bags are open when they receive it. It is ridiculous they even dare to ask these kind of question. 

No,  I don't have any more remaining stock.  

What ticks me off more is that they got 10 replacements sent to them from my stock.  

The return request was made 27 days after delivery.  Amazon got the returns, 40 days later.  It took amazon over a week to initiate the shipment back to me, by the time I got it.  It was 12 days after Amazon received it.  A total of 88 days from the day of purchase.

What was the reason/excuse for the return? Since they requested replacement then it should be due to they received damaged item? In that case Amazon should cover the cost if the items (are claimed to) arrive damaged. If the buyer simply opened the set and then decided they don't want it anymore and initiate a return, that's truly the worst scenario for an FBA seller as you can do nothing about it. Part of the cost, I guess.

This is how FBA works.

Yout got pay for customer damage! It is just can't be anymore ridiculous!

Well I'm used to it now and think of it in the opposite way: the buyers are willing to pay for higher prices for FBA items (partly) because they know they can return for any reason within 30 days for a full refund, regardless of item condition.

Going to get worse in Feb for Amazon when the ebay policies change and sellers put up with less crap on returns in fear of a defect.  Think more will jump ship and scam Amazon until Amazon changes something.  Scammers will always think of new ways on any avenue though so just have to hope it doesn't get to rampant.  

What was the reason/excuse for the return? Since they requested replacement then it should be due to they received damaged item? In that case Amazon should cover the cost if the items (are claimed to) arrive damaged. If the buyer simply opened the set and then decided they don't want it anymore and initiate a return, that's truly the worst scenario for an FBA seller as you can do nothing about it. Part of the cost, I guess.

Set was missing pieces.

Don't know what is worse.  Having to deal with being scammed or talking to seller support in 1st grade English?

• Like 1

If you're up for putting in the effort, escalate it.  It will get picked up by the FBA team in the states (WA) rather than the overseas first line support.  I've only had to do it a couple of times but everyone that I've worked with over the phone in the US from the escalations team has been very helpful and rational.  My advice would just be to keep things very factual and unemotional - the situation shows itself clearly enough.

• Like 1

I like selling on Amazon and eBay.  What I do not like is the idea of FBA, regardless of the potential higher profit margins.  I just cannot get past trusting strangers with my inventory and feeling confident enough to know items are packed carefully for shipping.  Although what happened to Undercover Boss and others in other scenarios can also happen to us sellers that fulfill our own items, it just seems that having to deal with incompetent workers at Amazon is a huge hassle.  

So in Undercover Boss' situation above, a customer (thief would be more appropriate in this case) ordered and paid for 10 30320 Gallimimus Trap polybags.  27 days after delivery, the scammer files a claim with Amazon stating the polybags were missing pieces.  1st, if I was an Amazon rep, I would question whether ALL 10 sets were indeed missing pieces.  What is the likelihood that all 10 sets are missing pieces, and the supposedly missing pieces happen to be the most sought after pieces, the dinos?  2nd, after the buyer (scammer) took 40 days to send what they claimed were incomplete sets back to Amazon, the idiots at Amazon sent the scammer 10 more replacements from Undercover Boss' inventory.  3rd, if the scammer's claim was true in the first place, the replacement sets from Undercover Boss' inventory would most likely also be missing pieces and the scammer buyer would have the same issue as the original order.  

Wow, just wow!  If I ever considered trying FBA, I will certainly avoid it after hearing stories like this  So sorry to hear this happened.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, biking_tiger said:

Has anyone sold Lego key chains via FBA? Other Lego items with a tag but no box?

Do these type of items need to be boxed/shrink wrapped or sent in as is? (e.g., do you need any additional packaging to sell a Lego key chain through FBA?) 

the small bubble mailer should do. sticker and done. 

• Like 1