Selling through Amazon FBA

appleseed1967

Bold- Did you apply to sell SW E7? If so, any tips? Looks like I'm going to need to give it a shot. Got turned down for Frozen last year (surprised me because I have a very high $ in sales with great feedback, thought it was a lock, but I was also late to the party which was already busting at the seams)

7 minutes ago, Dbroncoboy said:

Bold- Did you apply to sell SW E7? If so, any tips? Looks like I'm going to need to give it a shot. Got turned down for Frozen last year (surprised me because I have a very high $ in sales with great feedback, thought it was a lock, but I was also late to the party which was already busting at the seams)

TFA is gated . You need to show invoices and a letter of authorization to resell. Unlike Frozen , they  won't accept retail receipts . 

10 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

TFA is gated . You need to show invoices and a letter of authorization to resell. Unlike Frozen , they  won't accept retail receipts . 

Ouch, that is rough. I'm surprised that many people have gotten the authorization. I see the started locking down the LEGO sets too.

Well, hello eBay and smaller profits I guess :-/

5 minutes ago, Dbroncoboy said:

Ouch, that is rough. I'm surprised that many people have gotten the authorization. I see the started locking down the LEGO sets too.

Well, hello eBay and smaller profits I guess :-/

It locks you out of Lego and Hasbro for the most part . Anything else is proceed at your own risk . 

Does anyone have any idea where many FBA sellers got their "letter of authorization" to sell the Target-exclusive remote-control BB-8?

I forgot about TFA items being restricted and shipped mine into FBA.  Seller Support is telling me I need to "contact your manufacturer to provide Amazon with documentation that you have approval to sell this item from the manufacturer".

Yeah, okay, Amazon.  I'm sure the five pages of FBA sellers all got approval from the manufacturer to sell a Target-exclusive product.

Edited by Jackson

11 minutes ago, Jackson said:

Does anyone have any idea where many FBA sellers got their "letter of authorization" to sell the Target-exclusive remote-control BB-8?

I forgot about TFA items being restricted and shipped mine into FBA.  Seller Supports is telling me I need to "contact your manufacturer to provide Amazon with documentation that you have approval to sell this item from the manufacturer".

Yeah, okay, Amazon.  I'm sure the five pages of FBA sellers all got approval from the manufacturer to sell a Target-exclusive product.

Once you are Ungated you can sell anything . 

• Like 1

I forgot about TFA items being restricted and shipped mine into FBA.  Seller Support is telling me I need to "contact your manufacturer to provide Amazon with documentation that you have approval to sell this item from the manufacturer".

I sold one yesterday, no letter

Here's a question about warehouse damaged items...

Amazon claims to "remove and compensate...within 10 days" for items marked unfulfilled because of warehouse damage. How accurate is this? It's been 10 days and no word from them on two of my items. I thought about customer service, but already have another ticket with them. Just wondered if the collective wisdom of BP could give me a little guidance.

Thanks!

36 minutes ago, Achilles said:

Are you sure they decided it was Warehouse damage? If they determine something is unfulfillable on arrival, it will just sit in that state until you request it be returned or destroyed. Sometimes it can take them a bit to determine who's "fault" it is.

It's marked as warehouse damage... but I'm guessing that doesn't mean much.

So apparently, you can now currently only buy LEGO if you have Prime membership. To my knowledge, it is prohibited to purchase items through Prime membership to resell on Amazon. So say I buy 75097 through Amazon Prime then also buy it at my local store and send this unit into FBA, will I get flagged? Not sure how this will play out.

6 minutes ago, deathofsuperman said:

So apparently, you can now currently only buy LEGO if you have Prime membership. To my knowledge, it is prohibited to purchase items through Prime membership to resell on Amazon. So say I buy 75097 through Amazon Prime then also buy it at my local store and send this unit into FBA, will I get flagged? Not sure how this will play out.

I have never known Amazon to police such a rule if one exists.  Regardless, if you have a Prime membership, you don't have to use the free 2-day shipping...you can just select standard shipping, which is one of the reasons that I suspect Amazon doesn't police it that hard.

On 11/23/2015, 10:35:54, Bold-Arrow said:

Warehouse damage is different than distributor damage. Amazon always assumes responsibility for warehouse damaged stuff. You can be screwed on the reimbursement though depending on the going bb price .

Thanks for all the help--I called CS because of a "replacement" RE that was never returned or paid for, and I had payment for my RE and both warehouse damaged items within a few hours. 

5 minutes ago, redcell said:

I have never known Amazon to police such a rule if one exists.  Regardless, if you have a Prime membership, you don't have to use the free 2-day shipping...you can just select standard shipping, which is one of the reasons that I suspect Amazon doesn't police it that hard.

I'm not sure I understand what Amazon is doing with this "exclusivity" thing--is it just for Black Friday or will it be ongoing? 

Too many "C" abbreviations going around. ;)

On FBA Topic - They have a nice process where they catch inbound items for being priced "too high" or "too low" and automatically deactivating them. I had something I sent in I accidentally with two listings, one I priced at 129.99 one I missed the 1, and it was just 29,99 - and FBA caught it and automatically disabled the listing. Saved me some heartache that's for sure.