Selling through Amazon FBA

appleseed1967

Whoo hoo!  I am worthy.

Hello from Amazon Services,

We are writing to let you know that your seller account currently meets the following Holiday Selling Guidelines for the Toys & Games store this holiday season:

- Your first sale on Amazon.com must be prior to September 18, 2015 (sale does not need to be specific to the Toys & Games store): Yes
- You must have processed and shipped at least 25 orders between September 1 and October 31, 2015 (orders do not need to be specific to the Toys & Games store): Yes
- Your short term order defect rate must be no greater than 1% as of November 1, 2015. Your current order defect rate: 0%
- Your pre-fulfillment cancel rate must be no greater than 1.75% between October 1 and October 31, 2015. Your current pre-fulfillment cancel rate: 0%
- Your late shipment rate must be no greater than 4% between October 1 and October 31, 2015. Your current late shipment rate: 0%

To remain eligible to sell in the Toys & Games store this holiday season, please continue to meet our Holiday Selling Guidelines.

Thank you for selling on Amazon.com.

Regards,
Amazon Services

• Like 4

Whoo hoo!  I am worthy.

We are writing to let you know that your seller account currently meets the following Holiday Selling Guidelines for the Toys & Games store this holiday season:

- Your first sale on Amazon.com must be prior to September 18, 2015 (sale does not need to be specific to the Toys & Games store): Yes
- You must have processed and shipped at least 25 orders between September 1 and October 31, 2015 (orders do not need to be specific to the Toys & Games store): Yes
- Your short term order defect rate must be no greater than 1% as of November 1, 2015. Your current order defect rate: 0%
- Your pre-fulfillment cancel rate must be no greater than 1.75% between October 1 and October 31, 2015. Your current pre-fulfillment cancel rate: 0%
- Your late shipment rate must be no greater than 4% between October 1 and October 31, 2015. Your current late shipment rate: 0%

To remain eligible to sell in the Toys & Games store this holiday season, please continue to meet our Holiday Selling Guidelines.

Regards,
Amazon Services

I received this same message.  I'm excited as I just started selling on Amazon in Aug so this will be my first year selling somewhere other than eBay during the holiday season!

• Like 2

I have to admit, I grudgingly moved over to amazon from ebay this year...  and it's the best move I made.  A few months ago, I started noticing that things that took months to move on ebay were moving two to three times as fast on Amazon.  I can barely put in the effort anymore to post listings on ebay, because I just do a lot more solid business on amazon.  And I have an excellent 100% rating on ebay that I built up since 98..  But, it's just a joke anymore trying to sell over there.  The only thing I'll use ebay for is selling lots of used items that would be a choir to bundle on amazon.  Literally, for every 5 things I sell on amazon, I get maybe 1 sale on ebay.  Amazon is a touch more expensive in fees, but it's a lot more worth my time.  I like the fact amazon is more stringent with it's sellers.  This keeps the riff-raff that floods ebay, limited from the site, and as long as you are usually a decent seller with accurate postings, decent prices, and quick fullfillment rates, you are more than likely going to do well there.

-----

I'm in too.. part-ae...

---

Regards,
Amazon Services

• Like 1

I can barely put in the effort anymore to post listings on ebay, because I just do a lot more solid business on amazon. 

yes - I have slacked big time on putting stuff on Ebay for the same reason. I should still get more stuff up there because I do get some good sale once in awhile, but stuff on Amazon has been flying comparatively.

• Like 1

We all know what the note from Amazon Services says now... not sure any more need to be posted.

@fossilrock - I hear you about the eBay hassle. I cancelled all my listings a while back (was going on a business trip) and haven't put a single one back up. I posted some of them to Brick Classifieds instead. I'm increasingly bothered by the changes they make to not just the rules but also to the listing editor, etc. Feels like I have to learn it all over again every couple months.

• Like 2

I think ebay may get a much needed shot in the arm come Feb 2016 when the new policies go into effect. I know I will take a second look then and alot of people I know who abandoned ebay for other platforms will be doing the same. I really need to put some serious effort into Brick Classifieds so I will do that along with Amazon for the 4th quarter.

On Amazon, you have to win the Buy Box in order to get consistent sales.  That's always been hard to do as a new seller and it seems to be even harder under the new algorithm that Amazon is using to determine the Buy Box.  If you go over to the seller forums at Amazon, you'll see a lot of very experienced sellers complaining about their Buy Box woes.

Yeah I do not do the professional seller account so no buy box ever for me from my understanding. I don't like Amazon too much. Seems if you are not high volume and/or pay for the professional account you are not welcome at Amazon. Plus to be honest so far it appears the buyers are the dumbest, laziest, sheep/cow consumers on any marketplace I have sold on. Idk, I am not impressed with Amazon Selling at all.

I do not have a pro account and I see myself in the Buy Box fairly often.  I'm not a big seller either... maybe sold 50 or 75 items via FBA this year?  As long as I'm at (or very close to) the low price for FBA, it seems I have the buy box just about as often as anyone else.  I think it helps if you have several of an item (like ten or more)... but also, not absolutely necessary.  If I'm selling a popular item, and I'm matching the buy box price, it usually sells within a day or two.

Not everyone is comfortable with relinquishing that control. Especially with all those occasional horror stories about Amazon "losing" some peoples' inventory...

Not only that, but its seems that Amazon is the training ground for scammers.  I had three sets returned that the minifigures where taken from, now the hassle of dealing with Amazon starts all over again.  Not to mention the two sets returned because the buyer claims "damaged boxes".

I've been using FBA for three weeks now and love it. I know I'm due for a hiccup, and maybe this is it: I sold one Raptor Escape for $109 through FBA, but on my Payments>Transaction View it shows $0 across the board for the transaction. I've contacted help with the issue, but wondered if anyone else here has had a similar experience.

Amazon just shipped the item, so... I'm curious.

It shows zero after shipment ??? Would that be a second RE order to the same customer  ? Most of the time it is part of their replacement program that FBA sellers can't opt out of . You will be paid or they - customer-  return the first irde  back 

Or a CS issue and u will be reimbursed after 45 days . 

It shows zero after shipment ??? Would that be a second RE order to the same customer  ? Most of the time it is part of their replacement program that FBA sellers can't opt out of . You will be paid or they - customer-  return the first irde  back 

Or a CS issue and u will be reimbursed after 45 days . 

Yes... second to the same customer. I'll read up on this replacement program. Thanks.

I've been using FBA for three weeks now and love it. I know I'm due for a hiccup, and maybe this is it: I sold one Raptor Escape for $109 through FBA, but on my Payments>Transaction View it shows $0 across the board for the transaction. I've contacted help with the issue, but wondered if anyone else here has had a similar experience.

Amazon just shipped the item, so... I'm curious.

Welcome to FBA...it's great until it isn't.  Has anyone else had any problems with excessive numbers of items being categorized as unfulfillable due to distributor damage?  I've had over 60 sets dinged for that over the past two weeks when the sets were packed well and I know there was nothing wrong with them.  I'm not sure if they're tightening their standards, but it's frustrating because now I'll be receiving someone else's crushed sets in return, which I won't be able to sell for as high of a price as the ones I shipped in.

Welcome to FBA...it's great until it isn't.  Has anyone else had any problems with excessive numbers of items being categorized as unfulfillable due to distributor damage?  I've had over 60 sets dinged for that over the past two weeks when the sets were packed well and I know there was nothing wrong with them.  I'm not sure if they're tightening their standards, but it's frustrating because now I'll be receiving someone else's crushed sets in return, which I won't be able to sell for as high of a price as the ones I shipped in.

word on the street is tightening up. Also all exclusives have to be bubble wrapped now or you pay prep fee . 

Edited by Bold-Arrow

word on the street is tightening up. All all exclusives have to be bubble wrapped now or you pay prep fee . 

Where have you seen that?

If they're tightening standards, they are tightening them very severely since there is no way that those sets would have been dinged in years past.

Edited by redcell