Selling through Amazon FBA

appleseed1967

I am going to guess the answer is no, but serious FBA sellers - 

Has anyone found a way to have items shipped directly to Amazon from a retailer, thus cutting out the extra step/expensive of having stuff shipped home then sent right back in?

If you can somehow convince a retailer to measure and weigh the cartons, give you that information, have them wait for you to send them a pdf of your box labels, and pay amazon $0.20/unit for labelling, sure. 

• Like 1

Amazon lost my Tumbler. Can't wait to have to open a ticket against the lowball offer they're going to throw at me.

They labeled one of mine unfulfillable - think it was a customer return.

I requested removal and never got it back.   Tracking provided by them showed a box that ups labeled at .5 pounds and it only had an advent set in it.

Oddly it was a huge box, with just an advent set.   

I opened a case, showed pics of the box, tracking,etc.  They actually argued at first and then 2nd line support must have looked at it and quickly admitted they lost it or screwed up if the tracking said .5 pounds.

They reimbursed me $238.   At least it wasn't a loss.

• Like 1

So I just started FBA and I have a question for the vets...

I'm used to tracking my product cost per set sold (cost, shipping, fees, etc) from ebay. Where do I find this info from FBA? I'm sure it's buried under reports somewhere but all I can find is my "total gross sales"and "total fees"

So I just started FBA and I have a question for the vets...

I'm used to tracking my product cost per set sold (cost, shipping, fees, etc) from ebay. Where do I find this info from FBA? I'm sure it's buried under reports somewhere but all I can find is my "total gross sales"and "total fees"

click on your balance. U can see fees by transactions. U need to factor in inbound shipping . Profit bandit is a very helpful app also AmazonnSeller app
  • Like 1

Not FBA, but can the experienced and knowledgeable sellers here help me?

Just sold a $200, large, heavy item on Amazon (fulfilled by me). Shipping cross-country probably about $35 shipping.  But it appears the buyer bought 2 (not a problem, I have 2)... they bought one... then 5 minutes later, bought another.  I'm just worried it was a mistake... have sent the buyer an email via Amazon to confirm... haven't heard back yet.  I'm delighted if he wants both.  What if he doesn't answer by tomorrow... just ship 'em?

Not FBA, but can the experienced and knowledgeable sellers here help me?

Just sold a $200, large, heavy item on Amazon (fulfilled by me). Shipping cross-country probably about $35 shipping. But it appears the buyer bought 2 (not a problem, I have 2)... they bought one... then 5 minutes later, bought another. I'm just worried it was a mistake... have sent the buyer an email via Amazon to confirm... haven't heard back yet. I'm delighted if he wants both. What if he doesn't answer by tomorrow... just ship 'em?

?If you don't hear back from them within a reasonable time , u ship both
  • Like 1

Yes, ship if you don't hear back and by the required ship date. If order was created by mistake, they are on the hook for return shipping and a restock fee (if you charge one).

Amazon will ding your metrics for failing to ship but not for the customer requesting a return for a double order mistake. Make sure you send it signature confirmation as well. That's the only thing AZ recognizes as proof of delivery.

I just got the cancellation email on one of them, so shipping just one. Thanks for the advice.

"...just call them and get it sorted out..." so I can call the buyer? I didn't know I had access to their number. Where's that?

Their number is right below the address, on all orders...FBA and FBM

Sent from my XT1080 using Brickpicker mobile app

• Like 1

it depends when you signed up to sell but most sellers don't have access to the buyers number-if you signed up to sell within a certain time frame when at that point amazon was showing phone numbers they ocntinue to do so on that account however all new sellers do not see phone numbers as far as I understand

Ive been on amazon a long time and never have noticed a buyer phone number in my orders.  I can click on buyer link and message however no phone number is listed.  When did you open your amazon fbm seller account? They changed it a few years ago. I have the older version of the seller account.  In it I do not have access to buyer phone numbers.  Main difference between the two that I knew of was ability to change shipping charges.  I cannot do that. But I do have access to a disbursement every 24 hours.  New seller version accounts do not.  

If you are selling on Amazon, be very careful with your passwords and double check every day or two to make sure no one is changing your notifications or bank account info for payments. If you are hacked, they can have your notifications stopped and there is no safeguard in place to change bank account info such as having the full previous checking account number. It's sad that they don't have better security in place, I'd rather have paper checks at this point.

Took a $7500 hit on this one: 

https://sellercentral.amazon.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=247001&tstart=0

If you are selling on Amazon, be very careful with your passwords and double check every day or two to make sure no one is changing your notifications or bank account info for payments. If you are hacked, they can have your notifications stopped and there is no safeguard in place to change bank account info such as having the full previous checking account number. It's sad that they don't have better security in place, I'd rather have paper checks at this point.

I'm sorry this happened.

Do you have an idea of how they got your password? Key logger, fishing attempt, easy password, etc? I know a lot of people have reported fishing attempts recently.

I always recommend using a password program like lastpass. Let it create long random pw's and you get the added bonus of it auto logging in on every site.

Very sorry to hear that, I read the sellercentral posts about it and I agree that its stupid how easy you can change the banking info. Amazon is more and more culpable the longer they do nothing to change this. It also made me paranoid enough to read through all my recent amazon emails/notifications and change a few passwords. 

I really hope there's some technicality that was committed by green dot in how they received the payment from amazon and you have a case to get it back.

Thanks guys, no word back from Amazon still other than someone from seller support saying they were looking into it. I'll have to bug them again this evening if I don't get any word today. I did find it funny that after multiple calls and e-mails during the day on Friday with very little communication back, that night they sent me an e-mail stating, "We believe that an unauthorized party may have accessed your Amazon.com selling account. As a result, we have temporarily removed the selling privileges from your account and reversed any changes made by this party."

So now I can't login to my account now to make any sales, created inbound shipments or post on the forum until it's unlocked.

I'm sorry this happened.

Do you have an idea of how they got your password? Key logger, fishing attempt, easy password, etc? I know a lot of people have reported fishing attempts recently.

I always recommend using a password program like lastpass. Let it create long random pw's and you get the added bonus of it auto logging in on every site.

Thanks a lot for the advice about lastpass, I will definitely check that out. Do you use the premium version or just the free version?

I'm really not sure how I was hacked...I don't have an easy password, but I definitely could/should have made it harder to figure out. I usually avoid logging in via links from e-mails, so I'm pretty confident it wasn't from a fishing attempt, but not 100%...maybe I was half asleep one time and had a lapse in judgement. I ran antivirus over the weekend and couldn't find any keyloggers.

Last update, a good one luckily! Feeling very fortunate..posted this below at Amz, keep being careful out there guys:

I am very glad to report this had a good ending. Amazon has reversed the disbursement and put the funds back in my account. Barring anything else going wrong, they will be paid on the next run.

Still not sure how I was hacked, don't think it was fishing or a key logger, but I got some good advice and will be using a password system going forward that will be much more complicated, hopefully that helps. I'll also double check that my bank info hasn't been changed every couple of days and especially leading up to payouts until an extra layer of security is in place for changing bank info.

Thanks again all (and Amazon for coming through...now add that extra security please!).

• Like 2

Last update, a good one luckily! Feeling very fortunate..posted this below at Amz, keep being careful out there guys:

I am very glad to report this had a good ending. Amazon has reversed the disbursement and put the funds back in my account. Barring anything else going wrong, they will be paid on the next run.

Still not sure how I was hacked, don't think it was fishing or a key logger, but I got some good advice and will be using a password system going forward that will be much more complicated, hopefully that helps. I'll also double check that my bank info hasn't been changed every couple of days and especially leading up to payouts until an extra layer of security is in place for changing bank info.

Thanks again all (and Amazon for coming through...now add that extra security please!).

Wow, that is great! I had no faith in them moving quickly enough to get that done.

I use the premium version of last pass, but the free will do the trick for the time being.

• Like 1