Selling through Amazon FBA

appleseed1967

So I had a return from Amazon not too long ago and then Amazon marked the lego set as defective.....and Amazon had to ship the item back to me. Amazon just slapped a shipping label on the lego set when they sent it back to me and used tape to reseal the set. Is there any recourse to Amazon for this? I expect my lego sets to be shipped back to me in a properly packaged box.

Friendly reminder to all -  I checked today and realized that I never received a rather large black vehicular lego set which was marked as customer damaged and I had filed a return request for back in January.    Sent in a ticket and they responded telling me it was shipped 2 weeks ago and delivered to me, closed the ticket.

Luckily I had pictures taken when I received of the box, tracking # and contents (which included only a single friends advent).

Re-opened the ticket and sent the pics as attachments to show them the tracking # matched the one they claimed.

Got an immediate response.

I looked into your case and found that this unit has not been returned to you in this shipment. Even the tracking shows the carrier weight as 0.90 Lbs which clearly states that the item has not returned and has been lost.  I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you in this regard. Having said that, I have gone ahead and reimbursed you for same to your seller central account.

** Total value of the reimbursement is  247.75 USD.

So.. don't forget to check your stuff.  And it doesn't hurt to take pics of everything.

I was kinda looking forward to getting that back to keep as a build too.

Take pictures of everything, label, box, etc and submit a ticket in sellercentral complaining. Good chance they'll give you a few bucks back. They shipped me a friends advent back with a shipping label on the box to me but then put in a box by itself that was way too big. Beat to heck.

Yeah I got nowhere doing this as they stated the customer damaged the item so it doesn't matter how they ship it back to me. What a waste of time but now I know not to bother in the future. I posted pictures of the condition of the returned item in my galley if anyone's curious. The item was new when I shipped it to Amazon.

Yeah I got nowhere doing this as they stated the customer damaged the item so it doesn't matter how they ship it back to me. What a waste of time but now I know not to bother in the future. I posted pictures of the condition of the returned item in my galley if anyone's curious. The item was new when I shipped it to Amazon.

Re-open the case and ask to escalate to US Based FBA support. I just went through the exact same thing and got reimbursed.

Welcome to FBA selling...you definitely have to build in an extra margin for product damage.  The thing that annoys me most is when I send an item in that may have a slight defect that someone in receiving decides makes it unfulfillable and I receive back an item that is completely trashed.  I toured a fulfillment center a few weeks ago and asked specifically what criteria they use to determine when an incoming item is fulfillable or unfulfillable and the answer was basically that they make that determination based on whether the person receiving the item subjectively thinks about the condition of the item.

Anyone have advice about the best removable labels that won't damage Lego boxes for Amazon FBA barcodes?  I haven't purchased a label printer yet, but it seems like the Dymo 450 or 4XL might be the way to go.  Thanks.

Never had a problem with generic 30334's for the dymo 450 off ebay.

Usually end up buying from houselabels but whoever is cheaper wins.  

Welcome to FBA selling...you definitely have to build in an extra margin for product damage.  The thing that annoys me most is when I send an item in that may have a slight defect that someone in receiving decides makes it unfulfillable and I receive back an item that is completely trashed.  I toured a fulfillment center a few weeks ago and asked specifically what criteria they use to determine when an incoming item is fulfillable or unfulfillable and the answer was basically that they make that determination based on whether the person receiving the item subjectively thinks about the condition of the item.

are you one of those they gave a tour too that they talked about in  their most recent newsletters 

Shipping to Amazon's warehouses I usually use 24 x 18 x 18 boxes from Home depot or Walmart.

I do re-use boxes from amazon or any other all the time- usually either larger boxes for oversized shipments or smaller stuff.

Just use my judgement and make sure the stuff is packed well and the boxes don't crumple.   

I've seen my ups guy pack all of it in the truck.. it needs to withstand a beating.

• Like 1

Shipping to Amazon's warehouses I usually use 24 x 18 x 18 boxes from Home depot or Walmart.

I do re-use boxes from amazon or any other all the time- usually either larger boxes for oversized shipments or smaller stuff.

Just use my judgement and make sure the stuff is packed well and the boxes don't crumple.   

I've seen my ups guy pack all of it in the truck.. it needs to withstand a beating.

Thanks. Do you pack the sets nice and tight to fit the most you can or use an excessive amount of air packets, sacrificing some space in the box but preserving their condition?  I'm almost ready to prepare my first shipment and I want to get it right.

the large are 24 x 18 x 18.  for lego that'll fit all the small sets fine. 

wider sets need the xlarge.   I pack them tight - use paper to fill areas so they don't shift during shipping.

I don't excessively bubble wrap around things but it goes from Atlanta to Phoenix pretty often and I'd rather not have a tumbler wrecked enroute.

Thanks for the near real time advice, guys.  I'll grab some of those.  I'm assuming sales aren't that great right now on Amazon/FBA, but can't wait forever to give it a try.

All depends on your profit margin goals, cash burn and churn.   You can flip sets today for a $10 profit each, or hold on to them and flip them in 4thQ for a $40 profit each.

There's room in the market for different goals and strategies.  At the end of the day sometimes I scratch my head a bit as to why I'm flipping one set for a small profit happily while holding onto another stubbornly for a long term hoping to eeek out bigger $.     But that's part of the magic to it.

All depends on your profit margin goals, cash burn and churn.   You can flip sets today for a $10 profit each, or hold on to them and flip them in 4thQ for a $40 profit each.

There's room in the market for different goals and strategies.  At the end of the day sometimes I scratch my head a bit as to why I'm flipping one set for a small profit happily while holding onto another stubbornly for a long term hoping to eeek out bigger $.     But that's part of the magic to it.

I'm not a big seller, just trying to clear up some inventory where I have several duplicates.  Selling and shipping smaller sets one by one is kind of a pain. 

What about box condition of the sets?  Does Amazon refuse sets if they show any sign of shelf wear?  Do they need to be 90-100% mint?  From your experience, what is acceptable to list as new?  If you have any doubt, do you play it safe and list it as Used - Like New even though it sealed?

Hoping the experts can also help out with this one.  This thread has been a very good resource.

What about box condition of the sets? Does Amazon refuse sets if they show any sign of shelf wear? Do they need to be 90-100% mint? From your experience, what is acceptable to list as new? If you have any doubt, do you play it safe and list it as Used - Like New even though it sealed?

Hoping the experts can also help out with this one. This thread has been a very good resource.

I only send in new . They have to be gift quality . Would it be something u would gift to a family member for Christmas for example .

They need not be mint , small creases and scratches are fine from my experience