Selling through Amazon FBA

appleseed1967

My Advice to folks who are new to FBA this year is to double check everything!  I have sent 500 sets to Amazon since the summer to prepare for this selling season.  I personally pack and ship everything myself that I send in for FBA.  So far 2 x Orc Forge were reported not received and a Transformers MasterPiece Sunstorm was received as a Lego Daily Bugle set.  Not to mention the number of sets that have gone missing after they were checked in at Amazon.  So, learn how to use the "Inventory Adjustments" report, and once something is missing for 30+ days open a support ticket, because Amazon never does it automatically for me.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Deez_Brickz said:

My Advice to folks who are new to FBA this year is to double check everything!  I have sent 500 sets to Amazon since the summer to prepare for this selling season.  I personally pack and ship everything myself that I send in for FBA.  So far 2 x Orc Forge were reported not received and a Transformers MasterPiece Sunstorm was received as a Lego Daily Bugle set.  Not to mention the number of sets that have gone missing after they were checked in at Amazon.  So, learn how to use the "Inventory Adjustments" report, and once something is missing for 30+ days open a support ticket, because Amazon never does it automatically for me.

Can you explain how you check the missing items through Inventory Adjustments?

I just opened mine and found it is hard to read.

I think the christmas shopping season is picking up.  I have noticed a uptick in sales of late across my various categories at amazon.  I did more in sales this week then I have in a month.  Hopefully this keeps up, as i'd like to blow out most of my inventory that has started to stall a bit and reload during the january clearance.

So what happens when your FBA inventory is listed as "backordered" for 5 days even when Amazon sent me an e-mail stating they received my packages yesterday?  The weird thing is that Amazon already sold and shipped some of the inventory yesterday afternoon but now all of sudden it is on backorder.  What do you think they are up to and should I contact them about this?

Thanks BA!  What I don't understand is why they are redistributing though?  When I setup my shipment they already split my inventory among 4 different warehouses which I shipped to.  Will I be charged for the redistribution?

Also, when I look at "Manage FBA Inventory" what does "reserved" inventory indicate?  It says that it is set aside for pending order or item verification, but they already confirmed that they received the inventory yesterday.

Edited by zskid00

No charge will be applied to you . Some of the warehouse you ship to are actually redistribution centers ( usually 12+ of a single item).  You can get around some of the re distribution but you have to pay an extra fee and opt in in your settings. 

Reserved is usually for pending orders, units being recalled, investigated, re distributed , ) 

9 minutes ago, zskid00 said:

Thanks so much BA!  Can you tell it's my first time doing FBA?  I'm trying to stay on top of everything and learn as I go, but want to make sure Amazon doesn't screw me out of any inventory or money here.

No problem. And yeah you need to be on top of things , Amazon's inventory system is screwy . 

I had two shipments arrive at Amazon warehouses yesterday.  One went to Tennessee and was pretty much processed as soon as it arrived and the items are now 'for sale' on Amazon.  The other went to New Jersey, was delivered yesterday morning, and is still just sitting there with no updates.  How long does it usually take for shipments to get processed?

So someone had posted something in the SW Advent Calendar thread about doing FBA for toys if you didn't qualify for MF for the holidays. I tried to do that and it would not work. I talked to seller support last night and they told me you had to be "invited" to sell toys through FBA for the holidays. It was super hard to understand the support person (she called me even though I would prefer email) so I think what she meant is you had to get some kind of approval email similar to the one people got to sell MF. I hope that makes sense.

It's a bummer for me, but I'll be prepared next year!

Edited by meganr
accuracy

4 minutes ago, meganr said:

So Bold-Arrow had posted something in the SW Advent Calendar thread about doing FBA for toys if you didn't qualify for MF for the holidays. I tried to do that and it would not work. I talked to seller support last night and they told me you had to be "invited" to sell toys through FBA for the holidays. It was super hard to understand the support person (she called me even though I would prefer email) so I think what she meant is you had to get some kind of approval email similar to the one people got to sell MF. I hope that makes sense.

It's a bummer for me, but I'll be prepared next year!

i never heard that one before . 

• Like 1