Selling through Amazon FBA

appleseed1967

9 minutes ago, zskid00 said:

The weird part is the package was linked with another one and both were delivered by UPS the same morning (1 of 2 and 2 of 2).  One made it and one didn't I guess.  They already processed the reimbursement and the money is in my account so Amazon was really quick to resolve this.  I have to give them a lot of credit for that.

Mine was in the same boat, but it finished checking in this morning.

1 hour ago, zskid00 said:

Well I submitted a reconciliation request this morning and got a call and e-mail pretty quickly.  They said they can't locate the inventory (20 sets in the package) and they will be reimbursing me over $600 for the lost items within 5 business days.  If they find the package within 48 hours it will be added to my inventory then the reimbursement will be cancelled.  I calculated the FBA prices I had the sets listed for and the corresponding fees and the reimbursement is only off by 2%.  I would assume Amazon has insurance for this type of loss because I'm sure it adds up for them.

It really is way more than 48 hours , pretty sure it is few months . 

FBA fees going up in 60 days.

Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) will be adjusting its fees in the U.S. to reflect the rising costs of fulfillment, transportation, storage, and customer service. To give you time to plan for these fee changes, the fees will not take effect until February 18, 2016 or later, after the holiday selling season.

We are introducing the following updates to our fees:

• Fulfillment Fees: Effective February 18, 2016, the Pick & Pack and Weight Handling fees will increase for most products' sizes and weights. 
  • Monthly Inventory Storage Fee: Effective March 1, 2016, the monthly fee for inventory storage will increase for Standard-Size and Oversize units. This change will first be reflected in April 2016 charges for storage that occurs in March 2016. 

Fees for Order Handling, Zero-Fee Fulfillment, Long-Term Storage, and FBA Prep Services are not affected by this change and will continue to apply where applicable. Multi-Channel Fulfillment fees will not change at this time.

For more information about the 2016 FBA fee changes, including full rate cards, definitions, and examples, please visit https://www.amazon.com/fba-fee-change. We welcome your feedback on these changes at [email protected]. The FBA business team will review each comm

FBA lost an Indominous Rex that I had shipped in.  I contacted them about it and they emailed me back saying they could not locate it and would reimburse me for it.  The $167 reimbursement was included in last Friday's distribution to me.  However, my FBA inventory is showing that I have an IR fulfillable (I only sent in the one).  What gives?

Amazon is killing me with moving inventory around this year. Some stuff that has been in the warehouse for a long while is now reserved and apparently on it's way somewhere else. 90% of the items I send in are getting 100% of their units reserved and sent to other fulfillment centers.... UGH! I hadn't had this issue in the past.

Occasionally items would move around, but it was nothing like what I am seeing this year.

One more rant, I've had them refund the difference between my price on a set and retail value twice now.

Overall I love FBA, but meh to the above.

14 minutes ago, jaxman said:

FBA lost an Indominous Rex that I had shipped in.  I contacted them about it and they emailed me back saying they could not locate it and would reimburse me for it.  The $167 reimbursement was included in last Friday's distribution to me.  However, my FBA inventory is showing that I have an IR fulfillable (I only sent in the one).  What gives?

You will likely get an email soon removing the past credit and saying they found the item. (At least I have several times)

6 minutes ago, Dbroncoboy said:

Amazon is killing me with moving inventory around this year. Some stuff that has been in the warehouse for a long while is now reserved and apparently on it's way somewhere else. 90% of the items I send in are getting 100% of their units reserved and sent to other fulfillment centers.... UGH! I hadn't had this issue in the past.

Occasionally items would move around, but it was nothing like what I am seeing this year.

One more rant, I've had them refund the difference between my price on a set and retail value twice now.

Overall I love FBA, but meh to the above.

That's what reserved means?  I thought it meant that someone had ordered the item and Amazon was in the process of shipping the order.

21 minutes ago, jaxman said:

Same thing happened to me. I wonder if I should tell them lol ;) No no, I know I should

Edited by Brickson

Reserved can mean either it has sold and hasn't shipped or Amazon is moving it to another warehouse.  On some of my items I have double the items reserved than I sent in because they have both sold and are being moved.  They won't ship until they are checked in to the new warehouse.  While your items are being moved, they show up as back ordered on the customer product page.  You can still win the buy-it-box while your product is being moved like I did with my gingerbread houses.  You can tell what hasn't sold, and is just being moved by selecting the "active" filter on the inventory page.  You will see items with 0 available.  Those items haven't sold and are just being moved.  It is annoying how long it takes.  I have had some backordered for 6 days and they still aren't available.  You can get and idea of the time by finding your listing on the product page, and it will say when to expect it to be available.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Brickson said:

Same thing happened to me. I wonder if I should tell them lol ;) No no, I know I should

I don't f*** around when it comes to Amazon.  I had this same thing happen to me last year and I wrote to tell them about it.  The response I got was that there was nothing they could do to reverse the reimbursement once it had been issued, but that they appreciated me letting them know.  So, in the end, they reimbursed me for the 5 Constitution Trains that they thought they lost and credited them to my inventory.  Sometimes their mistakes can work out in your favor.

Tonight I got the email from Amazon saying they had found my IR and the reimbursement was being reversed.

3 hours ago, belljohn said:

Reserved can mean either it has sold and hasn't shipped or Amazon is moving it to another warehouse.  On some of my items I have double the items reserved than I sent in because they have both sold and are being moved.  They won't ship until they are checked in to the new warehouse.  While your items are being moved, they show up as back ordered on the customer product page.  You can still win the buy-it-box while your product is being moved like I did with my gingerbread houses.  You can tell what hasn't sold, and is just being moved by selecting the "active" filter on the inventory page.  You will see items with 0 available.  Those items haven't sold and are just being moved.  It is annoying how long it takes.  I have had some backordered for 6 days and they still aren't available.  You can get and idea of the time by finding your listing on the product page, and it will say when to expect it to be available.

Thank you for that explanation.

5 hours ago, belljohn said:

Yeah I've seem some as late as Dec 23rd. A little scary. I'm looking at about 11-13 days from shipment from my house to available to ship. Definitely longer than last year for me.

Has anyone found the hidden Amazon setting that prevents every $#*! shipment from being directed to a fulfillment center on the %%(#&! opposite side of the country? Because THAT would be really helpful.

NB: I know there is no such setting. A guy can dream, can't he?

• Like 1

Has anyone found the hidden Amazon setting that prevents every $#*! shipment from being directed to a fulfillment center on the %%(#&! opposite side of the country? Because THAT would be really helpful.

NB: I know there is no such setting. A guy can dream, can't he?

If you're trying to ship product in now, you're pretty much screwed on that front. If you ship in September or October, I noticed that Amazon directed a lot more shipments to distribution centers for transshipment to the fulfillment centers.

3 hours ago, exciter1 said:

Ontario, CA what's wrong with you???  I've had 2 packages sitting at the UPS facility since Monday, 12/7.

New Jersey has been the worst for me so far in terms of how long it takes for shipments to get processed.

Edited by jaxman

10 minutes ago, jaxman said:

New Jersey has been the worst for me so far in terms of how long it takes for shipments to get processed.

There is a calander on seller central that shows you the guarantee dates for shipments . Anything after those cutoff dates is a "ship at your own risk" kind of thing . 

• Like 1

I sent 4 items to the same shipment center using amazon's shipping to send it to them. Apparently they only logged 2 of the items and reportedly did not receive 2 LEGO Jurassic World Gallimimus Trap Set #30320 from my shipment. It states that this order is "Ineligible for investigation – units received for this item have been counted at least twice for accuracy." What recourse do I have?

5 minutes ago, jmdt said:

I sent 4 items to the same shipment center using amazon's shipping to send it to them. Apparently they only logged 2 of the items and reportedly did not receive 2 LEGO Jurassic World Gallimimus Trap Set #30320 from my shipment. It states that this order is "Ineligible for investigation – units received for this item have been counted at least twice for accuracy." What recourse do I have?

U can open a case and ask for a supervisor to review it