Mixels 2014

agp548

• 3 weeks later...

I believe they were colors purple, green and silver and there were 3 of each. Is that the whole series or are there more colors?

Each series has nine characters separated equally into three groups of color making three per 'clan'.

I don't know jack about Mixels but I was able to put together a whole set of Series 3 from Target yesterday but I didn't buy them.  Was that a mistake?

Depends on what you hope to gain back. I'll leave this question to The Mixel King, Alpinemaps.

I don't know jack about Mixels but I was able to put together a whole set of Series 3 from Target yesterday but I didn't buy them.  Was that a mistake?  I believe they were colors purple, green and silver and there were 3 of each.  Is that the whole series or are there more colors? 

I don't think so, not yet. Unless you plan on adding some Mixels to your portfolio, you won't gain much on Series 3 for another year.

I don't think so, not yet. Unless you plan on adding some Mixels to your portfolio, you won't gain much on Series 3 for another year.

I agree.

Many many many people were able to put together sets of Series 3 at Meijer for deep discounts (starting at $2.49 each, and as low as 32 cents each).  I limited the number of Series 3 sets that I picked up, because I could never get any better than 20% off where I am.

People see $ in Mixels right now.  Two months post the blog post I did, and I'd say that Series 3 is probably the most hoarded of the three that are out so far.  Series 2 colors are not nearly as appealing as Series 1 or 3.  I'm taking a break from Series 3 for the most part, and will dabble in Series 4, depending on how popular they end up being.

I did some early hoarding of series 3 but yeah the deep discounts make me regret that a bit.  I also had the strategy to try and focus on what would be the most popular color/guy and my guess was purple and magnifico.  I haven't been to a store that sells Mixels in awhile.  Is anyone seeing an obvious trend of what is left out there (ie, a shortage of any particular color or guy)?  I don't know if I should try and acquire what I need to complete sets or just roll with what I have and hope I chose wisely.

And waiting for Series 2 to blossom a little more.  I loaded up on blues/flurr and slumbo.

I did some early hoarding of series 3 but yeah the deep discounts make me regret that a bit.  I also had the strategy to try and focus on what would be the most popular color/guy and my guess was purple and magnifico.  I haven't been to a store that sells Mixels in awhile.  Is anyone seeing an obvious trend of what is left out there (ie, a shortage of any particular color or guy)?  I don't know if I should try and acquire what I need to complete sets or just roll with what I have and hope I chose wisely.

And waiting for Series 2 to blossom a little more.  I loaded up on blues/flurr and slumbo.

From what I've seen, Mesmo, Footi, and Glurt are the most popular from each color.  It also appears that Magnifo is the most abundant among the purple.  I'm trying to complete my sets, but I have several still to get.

I was at TRU yesterday, and they had a ton of Green, but hardly anything else left.  Makes sense, as there was a fourth set of Green in each case.

Am I missing something here or did this sale really happen??

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=381099034249

he sold 2 at 59.99 put up a 959.99 as place holder but ended listing because the item is no longer available

Exactly.  I actually had a set up for $999.99 at one point, so I could have a specific buying do a "Make Best Offer" on it and ensure that he got his.  (Long story, it involved doing Expedited Shipping, blah blah blah).

Easier to sell as tribes or all 9. I actually bought 1 on ebay to complete a series 2. Just sold last of my series 2 and I'm out for a loooong time

I haven't even listed a single Series 2 yet.  So, that makes me giddy to hear that people are already done selling Series 2.  :)

For myself, I'm down to my last couple of Series 1 sets.  It's been a fantastic ride, but I'm a little sad that I won't have any more complete sets to sell soon.  I'm debating whether I should leave them priced where they are, or move them higher and wait for the prices to rise.

I feel like they've reached a peak, as I haven't seen the explosive price increases that I experienced back in Nov/Dec.  So, for now, I'll probably leave them where they are, and then make a change down the line, if I feel like that.

Exactly.  I actually had a set up for $999.99 at one point, so I could have a specific buying do a "Make Best Offer" on it and ensure that he got his.  (Long story, it involved doing Expedited Shipping, blah blah blah).

I haven't even listed a single Series 2 yet.  So, that makes me giddy to hear that people are already done selling Series 2.  :)

For myself, I'm down to my last couple of Series 1 sets.  It's been a fantastic ride, but I'm a little sad that I won't have any more complete sets to sell soon.  I'm debating whether I should leave them priced where they are, or move them higher and wait for the prices to rise.

I feel like they've reached a peak, as I haven't seen the explosive price increases that I experienced back in Nov/Dec.  So, for now, I'll probably leave them where they are, and then make a change down the line, if I feel like that.

i haven't sold a single S2 yet :D either. i am waiting for the master to start and then i will follow ;)

with regard to S3, i have started accumulating some now. most likely i will have less S3 sets compared to what i had for S1. and what i have for S2.

• 3 weeks later...

Question to those who've built series 1, specifically the yellow guys.  I'm just building some, and I'm noticing some differences between the yellows (not the yellow-orange that are the hair and angled pieces).  I noticed it most in the thicker bricks vs the flat ones, but also in the elbow hinges.  Has anyone else noticed this?  Did something happen to my mixels to discolor them?  Are they supposed to be that way? 

After the series 1 craziness I loaded up on 2 and started to load up on 3. Then I stopped. I don't think I will get anymore until I start making some money off of these. Have yet to sell any so far and I figured with series 4 already out and series 5 announced that 2 would start to come up. Worried the ride is over so holding off.

• Like 1

I'm not selling my Series 2 sets until they hit $100.  In order for that to happen, sellers on ebay/amazon need to bump up their prices on S1 also to $130 or more.   

Right now it's $110 and $80 respectably but that's not enough for me to unload.   The ride for S3 is def over if ever even happened. Could constantly get these discounted as low as $2 each plus they were everywhere and everyone already knew about them at this point.  Glad I didn't buy many of them.  I think S4 will out do S3 in time.  

Probably have to wait another 6 months, or just wait until christmas and whatever they are at, I'll unload.  

Edited by DenJ91