Mixels 2014

agp548

I have one full set of series 1.  Husband wants to keep them because it's series 1 and they might go up.  I want to sell because I think $120 for the set is pretty much as high as it's going to get.  Thoughts? 

​If these are for investment, my own opinion is to sell.  I had quite a Mixels Series 1 thing going for awhile, and prices piqued at about $120-$125.  It looks like they are going for $115 now.  I don't expect much growth out of them at this point.

I got all these 3 months ago in Mexico City, I guess the Mixel mania is not there yet..... 

​I think you and I talked about this in PM.  That's awesome!  That's a great haul.  You can do well selling those on eBay even now.  I wouldn't wait - like I said, I don't expect them to go any higher.

• Like 2

Which is a good price to sell a complete black series 1 mixels on ebay?

I've been seeing a few of these sell for $34-38 each with free shipping.  one sold for $45 last month I think but wouldn't expect that regularly yet.  I think the standard for set of S1 should be $125 now.  no more messing around people.  haha.  people who are still undercutting other on S1 and S2 need to run out so prices can go back up.  :) 

Sets of 3 by color is selling better than full sets.  

• Like 1

I literally check "sold" mixels every day as I keep track for when I'm ready to get rid of my mixels.   Don't pay attention to the ones selling out of Indonesia either.  Those are selling cheaper cause it's auction usually and people won't pay as much as obviously it's more of a risk getting them than just buying locally in the U.S, not to mention much longer shipping times.  I write those sales off.  

• Like 3

​I would trust the results of looking at recent "sold listings" rather than information from folks here that maybe haven't sold any complete sets recently.

​Ok thank you

Edited by Razer
wrong quote

If I can pick up some random Series 1 at retail should I, no full series sets or even full colour sets, but I can pick up individuals. I only see sets or subsets up on ebay?

​There are some on here who do ok selling some outlying individual packs.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I think Series 3 will finally start pushing for $50.00 a set towards the end of the month.  Hopefully around Christmas they will be at $70.00.  

​One can hope.  I would be happy with S3 being a $75.  

Including shipping, Series 1 has gone down from $115 avg to $100 pretty regularly.  Sets of 3 seem to sell better than full sets of 9 and that seems to be the best way for all mixels. 

Series 2 is at $80 and Series 4 is already beating series 3.  

I bumped my mixels on ebay up with 30 days listed.  I'm not in a rush to sell but I won't sell for less than I want and if we all bumped our prices, undercutters wouldn't have to go so low and prices will go up quicker. 

Personally I just want to be out of the mixels game.  There is still money to be made but not near as much as before.  

I got a set of S4 Glowkies for $1.98 using my $10 VIP rewards at Delaware lego shop.  I will sell for $25 or so in a couple months but other than that, I'm not buying any more mixels.   

• Like 1

I went all out yesterday and tracked down all the S4 Mixels I could find in my city..... The final tally is 6 complete series, that is the average number of full series that I buy, except series 1 that I got 9, and additional to those 6 series, I got 6 complete glowkies and 6 complete Infernites .....  What are your toughts about the series 4 infernites?  do you think tha S1 will appreciate again for christmas???

I went all out yesterday and tracked down all the S4 Mixels I could find in my city..... The final tally is 6 complete series, that is the average number of full series that I buy, except series 1 that I got 9, and additional to those 6 series, I got 6 complete glowkies and 6 complete Infernites .....  What are your toughts about the series 4 infernites?  do you think tha S1 will appreciate again for christmas???

S1 would have appreciated long ago but the asian supply is dampening the price.

at least i am not sure how much supply is being directed to US. as long as asian supply doesn't dry up there is no way for price to appreciate.

between last x-mas and now (single seller in amazon) has already sold over 100boxes (=300 sets) and just updated listing with over 60cases like a month ago. that means there is decent number of S1 mixels in the background..

having said that similar thing with S2; S3; S4 and S5... { european sellers are selling in US }

it has become a global phenomenon; hence hard to predict where the pricing will go.

I think Series 3 will finally start pushing for $50.00 a set towards the end of the month.  Hopefully around Christmas they will be at $70.00.  

​i doubt it will be past $50.... in amazon few sellers has over 300 sets listed in their inventory. so over all unless the FBA's there big ones start moving the prices up its not going anywhere. even when they raise the price there are little guys coming out and selling for $39 or $44 shipped so its going to take a while to burn through that inventory.

my gut feeling S3 is a lost cause. unless everyone bought them for x-mas.

S1 would have appreciated long ago but the asian supply is dampening the price.

at least i am not sure how much supply is being directed to US. as long as asian supply doesn't dry up there is no way for price to appreciate.

between last x-mas and now (single seller in amazon) has already sold over 100boxes (=300 sets) and just updated listing with over 60cases like a month ago. that means there is decent number of S1 mixels in the background..​

How do you see such data points of Amazon sellers? 

where can you buy S1 cheap? how  is the seller in amazon? I see series 1 @ 125...

​look @ the smaller buy box on the right there is one seller with 122.99 that's thats the lowest currently in amazon. not sure about other venues... might be a little lower in ebay? not sure...

How do you see such data points of Amazon sellers? 

there is no direct provider of information. there are various ways to get that information. i know i am pretty close to the numbers...

As i mentioned before its on the low side (... it could very well be lot more than that but at the very least its in that range).

Edited by newbie77

I think S3 is currently a slow mover price wise due to the fact many investors were under the impression the majority of persons picked these up for 50% off (even less). Since investors are and were frightened, the price has not been moving up, but I believe the demand from non-investors is still there and these will rise, just slowly. 

I think S3 is currently a slow mover price wise due to the fact many investors were under the impression the majority of persons picked these up for 50% off (even less). Since investors are and were frightened, the price has not been moving up, but I believe the demand from non-investors is still there and these will rise, just slowly. 

there is just way too  much supply of this thing. in addition we haven't seen supply from asia yet. (since its not cost effective).

i seriously doubt about the prospect on this one.

if we see what happened to S1 and S2 after a price point asia supply is going to be arriving in force. for S3 we have a lull with US/NorthAmerica supply. we still have to see Europe supply when it hits 60s and asia supply when it hits 70s. so i really doubt....

obviously, i might be wrong and you might be correct in predicting.