Mixels 2014

agp548

If you're in the US, 1 set of nine fits in the USPS flat rate bubble mailer easily. Plenty of protection and only $5ish, and no shipping supplies to buy.

If you're keen on having a protective box, there's are chipboard boxes called 'Scotty Stuffers' that are designed to be the largest possible box you can fit in a flat rate bubble mailer.

post-42259-14167623117994_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I should have taken a picture at TRU when they first came out.  There must have at least 30 cases over three shelves on a large display.

I hear you. They are on sale though for $3.99 in my area and don't seem to be moving quick. I can't tell if they are lagging in sales, or just more widely distributed this time around.

i see no reason why series 2 won't do really well. series 3 might not as there just seems like way more were produced perhaps.  i think in a few months once the listings cool down series 1 will hit $150 regularly and series 2 will jump to $100 per set.   i also have multiple sets. 

ya know i built my first mixels the other night.  the purple set, then made the max.  gotta say it's pretty ingenious.  all 3 were cool in their own right and mixed together to make the super mixel, also very creative.   i will say however, they were not easy to take apart and was time consuming, so once the 3 are built, and you then decide to make the max, that kinda stinks.  it's almost like it's easier to decide if you want to make the 3 stand alone or the max right off the bat and go with that.  

either way, love the mixels all around and excited for series 4, especially the glow in the dark ones, i think those will be incredibly popular. 

• Like 1

Just a hunch that none of the other series will quite reach 1, but that tends to be the way with these things. Look at the CMFs. Series 1 goes for over $200, while 2 lands a respectable $110-120ish. This bit of Lego selling--the earliest versions are more sought after--reminds me of my days as a comic book collector. 

I still think these will be a good investment, especially because they have nice variety, unique pieces & colors, and can be sold in sets (complete and by color) and singles. 

If you're in the US, 1 set of nine fits in the USPS flat rate bubble mailer easily. Plenty of protection and only $5ish, and no shipping supplies to buy.

If you're keen on having a protective box, there's are chipboard boxes called 'Scotty Stuffers' that are designed to be the largest possible box you can fit in a flat rate bubble mailer.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByBrickpicker Forum1416762301.878742.jpg

I had never heard of the Scotty Stuffers, thanks! I've been using Priority Mail Box 1096L. It's not as deep, but it's free!

I think the over saturation theory might be a product of us finally paying attention to the stock levels instead of just walking past them like they were galaxy squad

I am wondering that as well. I did remember seeing a metric shite tonne of series 2 when they first came out. And still the place I see the most 3 is Walgreens for some reason. Walmart and Target around me only have a handful left of any right now.

i see no reason why series 2 won't do really well. series 3 might not as there just seems like way more were produced perhaps.  i think in a few months once the listings cool down series 1 will hit $150 regularly and series 2 will jump to $100 per set.   i also have multiple sets. 

ya know i built my first mixels the other night.  the purple set, then made the max.  gotta say it's pretty ingenious.  all 3 were cool in their own right and mixed together to make the super mixel, also very creative.   i will say however, they were not easy to take apart and was time consuming, so once the 3 are built, and you then decide to make the max, that kinda stinks.  it's almost like it's easier to decide if you want to make the 3 stand alone or the max right off the bat and go with that.  

either way, love the mixels all around and excited for series 4, especially the glow in the dark ones, i think those will be incredibly popular. 

That's how Lego gets more product sold - you obviously need two sets - one to build individually, and one to build into a Max.

• Like 1

Guest brickcrazyhouse

...and a third to make your own, ... and a forth for her to make one.  yea guilty of four set each so far just for opening and building. i both hate and love those lego geniuses 

I'm relatively a new discoverer of mixels ( thanks to alpinemaps blog :)

What does everyone think of short, medium and long term appreciation prospects of series 1?

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

I would highly recommend spending some time researching this and reading what's on here. That questions has either A. Already determined itself or B. Been answered many times.

I would highly recommend spending some time researching this and reading what's on here. That questions has either A. Already determined itself or B. Been answered many times.

hi there,

appreciate where you are coming from. i should have provided more context.

relatively new doesnt mean i havent done research. i have read most of the mixel-related posts on this forum (although if I have overlooked a specific thread on this please let me know!) before posting and looked through many of the active and sold ebay listings. i am very well aware that series 1 has appreciated impressively and quickly even vs powerhouses such as the ssd.

avg prices on ebay seem to have gone from 100 in mid-Oct to 110-120 in mid-Nov. however in the past month it has stayed there and i have received mixed messages from bp posts whether sales volume is slowing down or still selling at a good clip.

my question is whether with the multitude of mixels series out in a short time, people think that its growth will slow down after xmas and creep towards 150-160 over the next 6-12 months OR whether its increasing overall popularity will help series 1 in particular grow and reach 200 by next xmas.

either way, i agree with biking_tiger that it a safe bet to assume that it will eventually reach 250-280 in a few years similar to cmf series 1.

it would help if people selling the series 1 stuck to their guns and stopped undercutting each other.  i mean there's only a handful of full sets.  it's not like there's a ton of competition.  start bumping them up to $150 and if everyone does, people will have to pay it cause they aren't getting series 1 any other way.   then series 2 will soon follow the lead.  

obviously i know how it works and just saying this more as a wish and not thinking it will happen because people want sales so undercutting is always necessary and goes with any product.  haha. 

but it has dipped from $125 to $110 regularly because there's been more popping up.  hopefully sellers stick to $125 and once most are gone and the people who have tons of sets on here can start slowly putting them out there for more.  

i believe big time in mixels...all series.   hold on to them for a while longer.  no rush to sell.  

i also think with series 4 introducing more infernites, that people will want the original ones, thus pushing series 1 up again.  

i also saw they were going to produce a game, is that the app they are talking about? or could there actually be a lego mixels game such like all the other xbox/ps games?  i think there is potential for a great game like that.  then sets would really drive up with that hype. 

Edited by DenJ91
  • Like 2