Mixels 2014

agp548

Anyone seeing any particular series 3 that are harder to find than the others?

From series 2 besides the one blue that is a bit tougher than the others I am seeing fewer Jawg's than the other browns. Oranges all seem to be available in equal #s in my local stores.

Has anyone found these in say Walgreens or other non typical stores?

Series 3 is just starting to be put out here. I'm not buying yet but observing which ones are selling better than the others.

I have been hunting for these the past week. The least common is the purple trio in my area. Only found 2 and my little brother snatched them up. I think purple is going to be the best of series 3.

I drove all afternoon to 4 different toy stores in my hometown and was able to find 1 complete set Mixels Series 2 and 2 complete sets series 1.......

I left behind some series 1 yellow ones and reds, are those worth getting them individually???  And some series 2 Blues....

My own Mixel opinion - Series 1 are gone in the US.  If you can still get them, go for it.  Even individually, they are doing well.

In the US, Blue seem to be the hardest of the Series 2 Mixels to find.  Even though they are 4 sets in a case (compared to 3 of the other sets).  If I see Blue, I pick them up.

My own Mixel opinion - Series 1 are gone in the US.  If you can still get them, go for it.  Even individually, they are doing well.

In the US, Blue seem to be the hardest of the Series 2 Mixels to find.  Even though they are 4 sets in a case (compared to 3 of the other sets).  If I see Blue, I pick them up.

In my area Blue sets are everywhere. The hard one to find in my area is Jawg. Everything else there are enough to make 15 or more sets. I will not be cleaning my area out of series 2 because I don't want to be sitting on $1500 worth of them when the kids suddenly decide they aren't cool any more (which will happen at some point). But I am working on getting 5 complete sets of series 2.

Depends on your area.  Here in SoCal, they're starting to dry up.  Series 1 is long gone (they've been gone since the beginning of September).  Series 2 is disappearing fast.  Even Legoland California doesn't have blue in stock much anymore.

Unlike the SSD, I'd recommend waiting as long as you can to pick them up.  I haven't been in a big hurry to pick up Series 2, save for the Blues.  Now that I'm overrun with blue, I'm trying to pick up the other two series just to ensure I've got sets matched up and ready to go.

/mods - realizing this is the "what did you buy today" instead of the "Mixels" thread.  Feel free to move these over there.  Sorry!

I stopped in a Walgreens today and saw some Series 3 ($4.99 each).  I stopped in another to see if they happened to have any Series 1 or 2's and they only had Series 3.  The second store only had 2 purple out of 20+ on the hook.  I had not checked Walgreens previously so I do not know if they carried Series 1 or 2?  Can anyone confirm if they did?  

I stopped in a Walgreens today and saw some Series 3 ($4.99 each).  I stopped in another to see if they happened to have any Series 1 or 2's and they only had Series 3.  The second store only had 2 purple out of 20+ on the hook.  I had not checked Walgreens previously so I do not know if they carried Series 1 or 2?  Can anyone confirm if they did?  

I've only seen Series 3 at Walgreens.  I also stopped by TJ Maxx yesterday and no Mixels there.

Walked in to a Walmart this morning on an errand and decided to walk by the Legos.  Out of the corner of my eye I thrown into a pile of Friends poly bags a series 1 Flain red) sitting on the shelf.  I think I actually did one of those bugs bunny cartoon double takes.  

In my haste to get to the register I almost forgot to get the item I really went there for!

I looked at some of the sold listings on eBay for series 2, looks like the price is moving up on these. The most recent I saw sold for approx. $100cdn for a complete set but I'm not sure if that was free shipping or not. Looks like these may be a a decent flip for a couple of points for Christmas. I'm curious what you guys think is the hot commodity colour? From what I've read it looks like blue!

I was going to post earlier that series 2 is moving up or thinning out on lower $.

It is not selling a ton yet but I think it may be primed for Christmas. :)

Ooooo I like the sounds of that. Looks like my local brought some out from the back I may just have to pick up!

post-10435-14150717034521_thumb.jpgpost-10435-14150717197459_thumb.jpgpost-10435-14150717322329_thumb.jpgpost-10435-14150717454058_thumb.jpg

And there was a new box I didn't take a pic of. No series 1 to be found anywhere though.

Edited by speedsausage

Just thinking out loud here:

Christmas shopper finds out in early December that the little guy wants all the "new mixels" this year... finds out that means series 3... knows enough from experience with prior series that the prospect of scouring 5-10 retail stores for that last one or two to complete the set is hideously unattractive. Decides to see what is going on with it on eBay first and notices the lowest BIN for a complete set is $75... can't believe the gall of those reseller types... reconsiders said "in-store character-building experience".... and forks over the extra 30 bucks.

Possible? Insane? Reasonably Common? Unlikely?

Selling a set of Series 1 on eBay currently and kind of wishing I didn't put a Buy It Now of 100$ on them. I had 20 bidders the first day and it maxed out after almost 3 days. I wish I had stocked up on these earlier but I had a hard time finding one last figure for the set until I found someone on here willing to pick one up for me in a store.