Mixels 2014

agp548

• 3 weeks later...

So what's the verdict on these crazy creations? I for one think they're wacky enough by themselves, that with a seemingly short production run (seem to be series 1 going EOL now) and a gotta collect em' all vibe, I think these are honestly being overlooked. That's my two cents on the matter, going to pickup a couple of these see what happens, what do the rest of the community think? :)

Well one thing you can say about these thingamabobbers is that you get some pretty unique parts.

Yep, and I should note that while the average of parts obtained with each character was around 40-50 for Series 1 & 2, this time Series 3 yields an average closer to 60-70 meaning even more bang for your buck. There also appears to be more ball socket joint pieces with Series 3 as well.

(Are those snake fangs??)

From the Ninjago snake spinners I think.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well according to a source at the Brickworld Chicago 2014 event, it seems these Mixels will be around for the long haul going past this year's Series 3 which honestly shouldn't be too surprising. I wonder what other tribes they could come up with or possibly extend current ones? Either way, more unique parts on the way! YIPPY SKIPPY! :danced:

via The Brick Fan & The Brick Show

What is the general thought about these critters? Now the first wave is retiring soon? I have none of these and I am wondering if I need to buy some of the first wave. Although I have sworn myself not to buy cheap sets anymore except minifigs. Any projections/thoughts/advice?

What is the general thought about these critters? Now the first wave is retiring soon? I have none of these and I am wondering if I need to buy some of the first wave. Although I have sworn myself not to buy cheap sets anymore except minifigs. Any projections/thoughts/advice?

I'm in the dark much as you are. I mean there really isn't anything to compare these to. I know there is value in the parts especially on a few of the characters and series but as a complete set? I'm just not sure. With that said, the joints are incredibly useful and some of the parts are unique.

I agree with theorcking. I'm in the dark as well regarding these. I'd like to pick some up but I don't know if they are worth investing in. Personally, I'm not into these and don't think they're that great but that doesn't mean they won't be profitable and popular with the kids. I don't want to miss out but I also don't want to waste my money when I could purchase other sets from themes that usually have modest returns.

• 1 month later...
Guest brickcrazyhouse

my local lego store still has plenty series 1. If you would like I could pick the missing ones up and trade 

my local lego store still has plenty series 1. If you would like I could pick the missing ones up and trade 

I don't have any extras for series 1, but I could give you two series 2 if you want. I'll have to wait til I get home to see which ones I have.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well I just found some of Series 3 stocked at Target. Unfortunately I only managed to acquire a complete set of the Wiztastics (purple dudes) at the moment while the Glorp Corp were all gone except for a couple of the big guy with snake fangs hanging out of his mouth like drool. They had some Spikels but not enough for a whole set. Oh well, maybe the next time. I'm in no rush really even if I am tempted to build all three series from the year at once and then merge them into one big friggin' Mixel. Heh.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't know.  As I keep selling, I'm seeing the prices go up.  But I've got to think the peak is nearby.  These aren't Modulars we're talking about.  They are fun little packs, but these things can't go much higher.

I have a feeling that $110 is about the cap.  Maybe they creep up a little more.  But I'm not seeing them sell much higher than $110.