Mixels 2014

agp548

I think S2 is going to do good but not as quick as the S1. I got all of my S2 sets for around $35 a set. The prices are sitting where I wouldn't quite profit double yet so I will hold off but even if it reaches $100 a set next Christmas that is over 100% profit in 1 year. That is impressive with any set, large or small. S3 won't do as well because they could be found for so cheap, easily, but I think they can still reach $60-$70 which is a great price for how cheap most of got them for.

Question to those who've built series 1, specifically the yellow guys.  I'm just building some, and I'm noticing some differences between the yellows (not the yellow-orange that are the hair and angled pieces).  I noticed it most in the thicker bricks vs the flat ones, but also in the elbow hinges.  Has anyone else noticed this?  Did something happen to my mixels to discolor them?  Are they supposed to be that way?

Some people across the web have made similar comments about different pieces varying in their shade of color like the yellow for example. I haven't heard any specific cases to the Mixels theme; only that it has happened from time to time. I believe LEGO's yellow color has been a tad more problematic than other hues but don't quote me on that.

Some people across the web have made similar comments about different pieces varying in their shade of color like the yellow for example. I haven't heard any specific cases to the Mixels theme; only that it has happened from time to time. I believe LEGO's yellow color has been a tad more problematic than other hues but don't quote me on that.

I figured it was something like that.  Weirdly, it was only Volectro that was the problem.  The other two looked just fine.  I was really worried, as he was the first one I built.  Thanks for the response.

I figured it was something like that.  Weirdly, it was only Volectro that was the problem.  The other two looked just fine.  I was really worried, as he was the first one I built.  Thanks for the response.

its like 50 shades of grey :D .... but within the same pack (if in original package) i have yet to experience issue there. i have had issues with the shades when i was trying to create them from parts of other sets... the shade of tile really don't match :)

BTW just opened ebay store (about 2 months later than I should have) it's great to just put up your product at prices you are happy with, without having to shell out 0.30 every 30 days. I'm putting up some series 3 at my appropriate prices, if they sit there forever it's ok

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Brickpicker mobile app

BTW just opened ebay store (about 2 months later than I should have) it's great to just put up your product at prices you are happy with, without having to shell out 0.30 every 30 days. I'm putting up some series 3 at my appropriate prices, if they sit there forever it's ok

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Brickpicker mobile app

Don't stale listings fall in search results or is that only for regular jerks like me?

• Like 1

After the series 1 craziness I loaded up on 2 and started to load up on 3. Then I stopped. I don't think I will get anymore until I start making some money off of these. Have yet to sell any so far and I figured with series 4 already out and series 5 announced that 2 would start to come up. Worried the ride is over so holding off.

I loaded up on series 2 also and didn't even bother with S3. I think this will be the only series I'll invest/flip in. I have a feeling the later series won't see the same returns as S1/S2.

Mesmo and Scorpi from S3 is now "sold out" and "call to check" which basically means it will say sold out next.  I expect the rest of S3 to go to sold out in the next week or so.  Kinda surprised it took this long from the sale price but that's ok.  They probably produced a ton more than the first two series.  This could help series 1 and 2 go up on the secondary market now with series 3 going and soon stores will be running out and or not able to order any more focusing on series 4 and soon 5.

Perhaps soon time to jack up the prices of our auctions on the first two series.   

• Like 1

Unlike the deals found by few from Meijer on Series 3, neither Walmart nor Target around me had a sale so they continue to linger on here. I might pick up some more of certain colors or heck the whole box for the right price but not at $5 each. Retail was fine for the personal collection but not for bulk massing.

Unlike the deals found by few from Meijer on Series 3, neither Walmart nor Target around me had a sale so they continue to linger on here. I might pick up some more of certain colors or heck the whole box for the right price but not at $5 each. Retail was fine for the personal collection but not for bulk massing.

They have been $4 each at S @ H for what seems to be forever.  They were also $3.20-ish at TRU when they were on clearance for 3.98+20% off coupon.

I never saw the previous series on clearance around me either, so these were the best prices I found.

I didn't see a single Series 3 at my local target just today.  TRU had a couple boxes full though.  I was also in a Lego store today and they had series 3 way in the back on the bottom racks.  Wasn't easily noticeable.  I know they are focusing on Series 4 which were on good display in the middle of the store but found that odd.  Like they are neglected them.  Not sure how they are gonna sell back there if no one sees them easily.  

Anyway, yeah you'll have to wait a good 6 more months to get a decent return on the series 3's.  They are starting to sell out I believe though. Stores will be thin on them soon.  

Also I saw the space guys from series 4 (not sure their tribe name).  By the pictures, I thought they were pretty bad but in person, the colors were so nice and the figures actually were fun and clever and the max mixel of that tribe was impressive.  It made me change my mind on that tribe.  Series 4 is def the best so far.   

Edited by DenJ91

• 2 weeks later...

finally S3 tan and purple are gone from LEGO Shop at Home. hope fully they will exit from amazon as well and other places....

lets brace and see how much of a return we are going to see on S3....

My guess is each series will be a little behind its predecessor unless there is something extra special about it. Plan accordingly people.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...