What Lego set did you NOT buy today?

left behind about 300 german football minifigures.....i have 2 full boxes and am afraid if i get more they will make another run.......or should i get them???

All signs point to buy and flip before/during Euros. Even if there are more in a warehouse, so many are being shipped internationally to meet global demand for regionally available items. Mine should be crossing the Atlantic this week :)

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, donbee said:

I stopped in a target far from home. Grabbed the lone 70228 for 13.98

But passed on the 70135 at 50% off.

I only like my Chima below 50%

The 4 70135 at $19.98 at my Target are still sitting on the shelf more than a week after I took all the 70228. Needs to drop much lower before I bite.

As much as I hear people dump on TMNT, I can never find any sets. I picked up one Krangs Lab for 50% at a booksmillion in January. Other than that I've only seen one other set at my Barnes for full price. Been waiting for it to go clearance

If people hate them. Where'd they all go?

I can find more LotR than I can find TMNT.

1 hour ago, donbee said:

As much as I hear people dump on TMNT, I can never find any sets. I picked up one Krangs Lab for 50% at a booksmillion in January. Other than that I've only seen one other set at my Barnes for full price. Been waiting for it to go clearance

They went to MegaBloks.  LEGO doesn't have the license.  I've been surprised that I still see some on the shelf occasionally, but they are long since gone.

That shows how little demand there is for them. Can't find them on shelves, but prices remain low. Being a fan of the ninja turtles as a kid, I wish Lego had done a better job when they had the license. But the sets all kind of stink. If they had made a nice original style turtle van set, like they did with Scooby, it would have been a must have for me. All I really want of what they made is the main character minifigures. I won't buy the cheap Fake-o ones on eBay, but enough people will to not make it worth investing in, unless you get a super low buy in price.

• Like 1

I sold through all of my investment TMNT last year during the holidays. I'm very satisfied with the short-term return. My long-term outlook wasn't great, so I took the money and ran.

I did find a stash of lab escapes at a Wal-Mart a few months ago and blew through those already.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

I sold through all of my investment TMNT last year during the holidays. I'm very satisfied with the short-term return. My long-term outlook wasn't great, so I took the money and ran.

I did find a stash of lab escapes at a Wal-Mart a few months ago and blew through those already.

TMNT is comparable to Lone Ranger to me. 50% discount is ok but flip them within a year at the most for what you can get out of them.  

4 minutes ago, jbacunn said:

TMNT is comparable to Lone Ranger to me. 50% discount is ok but flip them within a year at the most for what you can get out of them.  

Well, yes, I sold through all my Lone Ranger very similarly.  I made good profit on the Stagecoach and Constitution Trains.  Actually, I still have an extra Colby City and Silver Mine.

TMNT, Lab Escape and Turtle Lair are the winners.  I think I only have a couple extra Shredder Lairs to offload.

22 minutes ago, zskid00 said:

I did really well selling my Baxter Robot Rampage, Stealth Shell in Pursuit, and Shredder's Dragon Bike sets over the holidays.  My buy-in price was about 30-50% off all of them though.

I did well with those too, so actually the whole line had decent short-term return, if you found good discounts.

I had an absolute field day of not buying today.

There were the Turtles sets, The Shellraiser Street Chase, Big Rig Snow Getaway and Turtle Van Takedown.

From Cars we had Oil Rig Escape 9486

Had pretty much all of the most recent Ultra Agents theme.

Benny's Spaceship, Emmet's Construct o Mech and Super Secret Police Dropship from The Lego Movie.

Lake-town Chase from The Hobbit

The Lone Ranger Silver Mine

City of Atlantis 7985

All at RRP, I really had to control myself and not pick up absolutely everything today :jester:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sprocket77 said:

Two shops about 100m away from each other in the same centre. There was a bit of a bang of something there alright, smelled like desperation. 

Yeah, I´ve got a couple like that too and for them clearance is a four letter word. Eventually those boxes get all beaten up and faded, making them even harder to sell on. Guess they are Telegraph subscribers and believe they are sitting on a fortune.

Just now, Val-E said:

Yeah, I´ve got a couple like that too and for them clearance is a four letter word. Eventually those boxes get all beaten up and faded, making them even harder to sell on. Guess they are Telegraph subscribers and believe they are sitting on a fortune.

The Atlantis and Cars sets looked like they had gone 10 rounds with Johnny Depp (allegedly) :hocky: