What Lego set did you NOT buy today?

Passing on series 15’s at 3for2 with an additional 10% off coupon, bringing them down to £1.50. 
I know I’ll be able to get them at £1 - £1.25 in a few weeks when the Disney figs are released.  
Pricing on CMF’s seem nuts, retail / 50% off / retail on the secondary market, all within 6-9 months. 

Bought the maze for my birthday. Promptly returned- didn't like the service at the Lego Store Arden. Brought my kid in for mini-build. We were on the 4:20 wait list. Told that we might not be able to get in a build, which is fine, not enough etc... However the rules are you can only chaperone 2 kids and the kids have to be over 6. Needless to say, one adult would bring four kids, another adult brought two kids that were not even close to six- maybe 2 and 4. Another adult would bring in 3 kids+ 1.. All these extra kids that shouldn't have been allowed to participate were and yet we were told we couldn't get a cheap freebie, while everyone else would do the build and leave. I follow the rules , buy 75 bucks for my own build on my birthday and all these people who clearly don't care about rules, get to participate. This manager clearly did not care about customer service.

6 hours ago, Derricku said:

Bought the maze for my birthday. Promptly returned- didn't like the service at the Lego Store Arden. Brought my kid in for mini-build. We were on the 4:20 wait list. Told that we might not be able to get in a build, which is fine, not enough etc... However the rules are you can only chaperone 2 kids and the kids have to be over 6. Needless to say, one adult would bring four kids, another adult brought two kids that were not even close to six- maybe 2 and 4. Another adult would bring in 3 kids+ 1.. All these extra kids that shouldn't have been allowed to participate were and yet we were told we couldn't get a cheap freebie, while everyone else would do the build and leave. I follow the rules , buy 75 bucks for my own build on my birthday and all these people who clearly don't care about rules, get to participate. This manager clearly did not care about customer service.

Should have kept the purchase and used the feedback mechanism to voice your concerns. Does wonders to if you leave them a 1 out of 10 and tell them their service stunk.

• Like 8

27 minutes ago, thoroakenfelder said:

Went into Gamestop and asked about the Iron Man minifigures and was told they are freebies for an event next month. I asked when and was told, "I don't know." Sadly, couldn't shake an Iron patriot loose. I wonder how much freefall the Silver Centurion and Iron patriot are going to experience in the next month.

I've heard all sorts of excuses from Gamestop employees. But often there are secretly a few in a drawer, it just needs the right question and the right employee.

27 minutes ago, Phil B said:

I've heard all sorts of excuses from Gamestop employees. But often there are secretly a few in a drawer, it just needs the right question and the right employee.

Actually, game stops recently got a bunch of iron patriot and silver centurion. I believe the story about an upcoming promotion.

8 hours ago, thoroakenfelder said:

Actually, game stops recently got a bunch of iron patriot and silver centurion. I believe the story about an upcoming promotion.

What is "recently"? Gamestops in my neighborhood (I check about 5 of them regularly) had a few Silver Centurions about 1-2 months ago (I managed to get 2 in total). Then about 2 weeks ago the Iron Patriots started showing up, I've managed to get 8 of those. But the last few days that supply has dried up. Are you saying that you believe more of those polybags have arrived this week for a promotion, or are you saying out of the supply from which I already got a few more are being kept for a promotion? In the latter case, I have always peeked into the drawer and know that the ones I received where either the last ones, or close to the last ones left in the drawer.

51 minutes ago, Phil B said:

What is "recently"? Gamestops in my neighborhood (I check about 5 of them regularly) had a few Silver Centurions about 1-2 months ago (I managed to get 2 in total). Then about 2 weeks ago the Iron Patriots started showing up, I've managed to get 8 of those. But the last few days that supply has dried up. Are you saying that you believe more of those polybags have arrived this week for a promotion, or are you saying out of the supply from which I already got a few more are being kept for a promotion? In the latter case, I have always peeked into the drawer and know that the ones I received where either the last ones, or close to the last ones left in the drawer.

Since iron patriot was originally a promo for a game that released over a year ago and they suddenly got stock within the last month, I believe the story about an upcoming promotion. Whether your store has given them all away is beside the point of the intended purpose.

Since iron patriot was originally a promo for a game that released over a year ago and they suddenly got stock within the last month, I believe the story about an upcoming promotion. Whether your store has given them all away is beside the point of the intended purpose.

I've heard the promotion piece from a couple stores as well, but only about the iron patriot. I think the silver centurions left are just stragglers, but there was clearly a recent distribution of iron patriots.