What Lego set did you NOT buy today?

Ebay listing for a BNIB MF 75055 at £60 (that's 50% off RRP in the UK).  Maybe I'm just being an idiot as I want one for a personal build - new seller and has about 10 of these plus a few other TFA sets at bargain prices.  Just seems too good to be true and the seller is too keen to move stock at well below the next lowest price.

I'd rather wait for £80 on a deal that seems legit as opposed to (maybe irrationally) having this weigh on my continence that at these prices someone other party is losing out and will find out about relatively soon.  I don't know its a scam but of all the deals I've gone in for in the past that seem too good to be true rarely ever are.

17 minutes ago, GiliusThunderhead said:

Ebay listing for a BNIB MF 75055 at £60 (that's 50% off RRP in the UK).  Maybe I'm just being an idiot as I want one for a personal build - new seller and has about 10 of these plus a few other TFA sets at bargain prices.  Just seems too good to be true and the seller is too keen to move stock at well below the next lowest price.

I'd rather wait for £80 on a deal that seems legit as opposed to (maybe irrationally) having this weigh on my continence that at these prices someone other party is losing out and will find out about relatively soon.  I don't know its a scam but of all the deals I've gone in for in the past that seem too good to be true rarely ever are.

75055 is the ISD. 75105 MF?  10 at £60, the only listing I can see like that is a “Compatible” version, but otherwise, £60 does sound like a scam.  I’ve seen box damaged/ store returns come up for around £75ish but they don’t tend to last long.  

Found a sealed box of Monsters Minifigures for €170. Passes on it.

75054 AT AT at €150

75055 ISD at €170.

All these at a mom and pop shop. Looks like they check brickpicker and adjust the price accordingly.

75054 AT AT at €150

75055 ISD at €170.

All these at a mom and pop shop. Looks like they check brickpicker and adjust the price accordingly.

I found two ISTs at a Walmart marked down to $74. I was tempted, cuz I'm sure someone will sweep them before they hit $49, but i passed. What's worse is they don't show up in the app at all for that store. So I won't know if they make it that far down.

On 15/05/2016 at 8:53 AM, mattjay said:

75054 AT AT at €150

75055 ISD at €170.

I doubt those mom&pop shops look at Brickpicker. More likely they check the going prices at Marktplaats and price accordingly. ;) 

24 minutes ago, terrymc4677 said:

I passed on three 76025 Green Lantern vs Sinestro sets at Shopko. On clearance for $13.99 each. A $10 off $50 coupon would get them down to $10.66 each before tax. 47% off. I'm just not feeling Super Heroes anymore.

Been passing on half price Sinestros all week on this side of the pond as well.
There’s still value in some superheroes out there, but not this one.  

• Like 2

Been passing on half price Sinestros all week on this side of the pond as well.

There’s still value in some superheroes out there, but not this one.  

Two or three years ago I would have bought these with no hesitation. I've since grown wary of the theme and have sold off almost all of my inventory. Most of it went to three or four fellow resellers on bricklink. All I have left are my Tumblers and a few odds and ends which I will probably bundle together this coming holiday season.

Edit...check that. My Tumblers, a few odds and ends, and over 40 Joker Steamrollers from the Target $25 blowout sale. I still like that set and am not giving up on it. It's still early.

Wow...I'm kinda surprised you guys.  I'd be all over those, especially at nearly 50% off.  If you wanted to part those out, Space Batman and Green Lantern get you your money back immediately.

Honestly, though, there's always going to be a need for Green Lantern and Yellow Lantern bodies.  I'm trying to stock up on them now, because I'd like to have a small army of both.  Any minifigs head will look good on those.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

Wow...I'm kinda surprised you guys.  I'd be all over those, especially at nearly 50% off.  If you wanted to part those out, Space Batman and Green Lantern get you your money back immediately.

Honestly, though, there's always going to be a need for Green Lantern and Yellow Lantern bodies.  I'm trying to stock up on them now, because I'd like to have a small army of both.  Any minifigs head will look good on those.

There just isn’t the market for these in the UK.  Space Batman, maybe, Lantern corps? Seriously no-one over here has a clue.  If it ain’t batman or MCU, zero demand. 

That's just it though. I don't part out. I don't have the time or patience for it. When this set was first released I pegged it as one to keep an eye on, just because of Green Lantern. Now that I've found a few at a decent price I've lost all interest in the theme, mainly due to over saturation and counterfeits.

• Like 1

I passed on three 76025 Green Lantern vs Sinestro sets at Shopko. On clearance for $13.99 each. A $10 off $50 coupon would get them down to $10.66 each before tax. 47% off. I'm just not feeling Super Heroes anymore.

I wish I would find them at my Shopko for that. I would snap 'em up. Oh well I'm guessing they will eventually.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, terrymc4677 said:

That's just it though. I don't part out. I don't have the time or patience for it. When this set was first released I pegged it as one to keep an eye on, just because of Green Lantern. Now that I've found a few at a decent price I've lost all interest in the theme, mainly due to over saturation and counterfeits.

this Green Lantern set is at pretty much every Stop and Shop grocery store  throughout the northeast with a regular everyday shelf tag price of $16.99.  my grocery store has 8 and zero have sold in the last 3 months - yes i keep tabs.

At the end of July when they go to 50% clearance as they have for the last 3 years at the end of July, they will be $8.50.  

There will be hundreds picked up by resellers for $8.50 who will be able to undercut those who bought at 50% off which seemed like a good price at the time.

maybe minifigure parting out works here but that sounds like a lot of work to a lazy man like myself and you'll still be competing with the same undercutting parter-outers.  

Edited by cladner
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, cladner said:

this Green Lantern set is at pretty much every Stop and Shop grocery store  throughout the northeast with a regular everyday shelf tag price of $16.99.  my grocery store has 8 and zero have sold in the last 3 months - yes i keep tabs.

At the end of July when they go to 50% clearance as they have for the last 3 years at the end of July, they will be $8.50.  

There will be hundreds picked up by resellers for $8.50 who will be able to undercut those who bought at 50% off which seemed like a good price at the time.

If you add Ryan Reynolds to your listing title, they sell faster than yellow guardian power rings.

• Like 3