What Lego set did you NOT buy today?

Had the nee Starwas Hotu set in my hand at 10% discount but put it back. There is absolutely nothing new about this set. Thought about quickflipping it but didn't . Needs to be 30% off or quadruple VIP points or something

24 minutes ago, I am Niko said:

Ecto-1 for $16 over RRP. Greedy TRU Express resellers!

XAxokUQ.jpg

Saw a bunch of these at $49 but already met my wuita so left those alone as well

1 hour ago, MrToes16 said:

Yeah this was available today at the Lego Discovery Center store in Westchester, NY. Wasn't planning on buying it when it actually becomes available in May but I just found it interesting it was there.

image.jpeg

Just curious if EV or SC were there at the same time or they put this one in one of their spots? If you were paying attention to what was there, that is.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, PatrickDavie said:

Just curious if EV or SC were there at the same time or they put this one in one of their spots? If you were paying attention to what was there, that is.

Didn't see either one there at the time. Only Slave 1 and TIE Fighter UCS. Actually I was just in shock over Hoth set that I wasn't paying too much attention but those didn't jump out at me. 

2 hours ago, Buchimuer said:

A slave I for 230 on shelf in TRU today. 20off coupon will bring it to RRP. So I passed

2 hours ago, tjj1984 said:

230*0.20 __ 30

a.) <

b.) >

c.) =

38 minutes ago, Loghamel said:

Maybe RRP is $184 at his LEGO store. 

I bought two yesterday using TRUTH and 20% coupon. Each came out to $173.87 after 5% sales tax. 17% off regular retail price. Not as good as if it would be normally, but I'll take it. You won't find much better.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, terrymc4677 said:

I bought two yesterday using TRUTH and 20% coupon. Each came out to $173.87 after 5% sales tax. 17% off regular retail price. Not as good as if it would be normally, but I'll take it. You won't find much better.

Definitely better during TRUTH.

Edited by Loghamel

On 4/18/2016 at 10:35 PM, Sfcommando14 said:

Found a TRU with 2 newly priced Slave-1s and a lot of oldies, but at TRU marked up prices. Battle of the Five Armies, Pirate Ship Ambush, Dol Guldur Battle, Brick Bounty, and these. f987333083c2a1543db49754ae790086.jpg

I've seen those Hobbit sets around my TRU forever, beat up boxes with 2014 seals. Why have these not been clearanced? Seems like they like they would want to clear the old stock and turn over inventory.

Edited by weitzel78

4 hours ago, Buchimuer said:

The effective price of it on May 1st at LEGO Shop at Home is 179, so yes.

Sure.  And the effective price of it on Thursdays at TRU is $141 with 20% coupon, 10% CC and 15% GC with no taxes for those that are tax exempt.  And that's not including rewards dollars you'll receive for future 'effective pricing'. 

Edited by Loghamel
  • Like 1

Sure.  And the effective price of it on Thursdays at TRU is $141 with 20% coupon, 10% CC and 15% GC with no taxes for those that are tax exempt.  And that's not including rewards dollars you'll receive for future 'effective pricing'. 

1st, I personally not into this set;

2nd, I don't have tax exempt;

3rd, letting my TRU employee to apply those discount together is painful.

That price, if you can get as you calculated is indeed a slick deal, good luck buying one at that price.

But for me, I don't think it worth my time so I didn't bite, period.

21 minutes ago, Buchimuer said:

1st, I personally not into this set;

2nd, I don't have tax exempt;

3rd, letting my TRU employee to apply those discount together is painful.

That price, if you can get as you calculated is indeed a slick deal, good luck buying one at that price.

But for me, I don't think it worth my time so I didn't bite, period.

That's fine.  I'm not trying to start any drama.  TJJ was just pointing out that 20% off of $229 is most definitely not RRP.  You're the one that brought up effective pricing.  A deal is a deal.  It's great to get freebies and VIP points at  LEGO Shop at Home.  But I can and have got them at the price quoted.  In fact, I got one for just over $2 by using $200 in rewards points.  I am looking to buy 2 more this Thursday at those prices as well.  They won't be quite as good because I only have $179 of 15% GC left.  Lastly, I also didn't put myself on LEGO's radar by buying 5 of them from LEGO Shop at Home.  To each their own.

Edited by Loghamel

I've seen those Hobbit sets around my TRU forever, beat up boxes with 2014 seals. Why have these not been clearanced? Seems like they like they would want to clear the old stock and turn over inventory.

I asked, and since they are already off TRU corporate radars, it will depend on local "priced as marked" sales locally. They wouldn't work with me on it that day. I might go back next weekend and ask again.

• 2 weeks later...

My 60096 came by Fed-ex this afternoon from TRU, I believe it's a sleeper as is the Boat in that series, LSH  has them on sale, but at 70 years of age I'm still banned from buying from Lego. 70 years old and cant even buy a frigin toy or a bunch of toys. Walmart did have #76053 on the shelf, it's new. I did pick up a few there, left about 3. I think it's a sleeper because of batman's motorcycle. I already got 2 $50. for 2 Ant Man, it could reach close to $100 at Christmas time.

Personally I wish I could sell all but a few of my Lego sets and 56+ bins of used loose ones. I'm beginning to loose interest in Lego and it's greedy owner.