What Lego set did you NOT buy today?

I didn't buy any of the new SW playsets. Cloud City, Droid Escape, or the Hoth one. They just didn't look that interesting to me.

I almost bought the Gotham City Cycle Chase? The set with Deadshot and Harley Quinn. It was only $20, I think. But figured I could wait until at least a TRU discount day and some Rewards bucks to pick it up, if I can't wait for it to be on sale later.

8 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

I didn't buy any of the new SW playsets. Cloud City, Droid Escape, or the Hoth one. They just didn't look that interesting to me.

I almost bought the Gotham City Cycle Chase? The set with Deadshot and Harley Quinn. It was only $20, I think. But figured I could wait until at least a TRU discount day and some Rewards bucks to pick it up, if I can't wait for it to be on sale later.

Were these at LEGOLAND or somewhere else?

• 2 weeks later...

Saw a Lego 75055 Star Destroyer at a local Toys R Us that I passed up... they were willing to price match the Toys R Us website to $114.99 but the box was incredibly beat up in a few corners... I'd keep it as a build but I was hoping they'd go a little lower than just price matching their own Toys R Us website.  Anyone have any ideas on how to get them to go lower?

Saw a Lego 75055 Star Destroyer at a local Toys R Us that I passed up... they were willing to price match the Toys R Us website to $114.99 but the box was incredibly beat up in a few corners... I'd keep it as a build but I was hoping they'd go a little lower than just price matching their own Toys R Us website.  Anyone have any ideas on how to get them to go lower?

I would be willing to pay TRU full price...

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, macpro76 said:

Scooby doo Collection  lego.com   $107.98.    Not sure how I feel about it.  $30 off plus Vip points.    Passed for now...hoping it goes lower before its SOLD OUT, Thoughts?

• includes Mansion, Machine and Museum. 

I think the sale is ending on a lot of the sets this week, but it's possible the Scooby Doo collection stays at 20%. If it's still on sale when double VIP points hit in a few days, it might get snapped up.

17 minutes ago, macpro76 said:

I have a feeling it's going to retire...maybe that why sale is on. I am thinking to buy limit of 5. If it's still available during 2x VIP, I will return the 5 I have and get 5 again.

Bad plan for multiple reasons.

1. As a community here we try to discourage stock manipulation techniques like this. If you want it now, buy it now. Don't buy it now, return it next week, and buy it again for an extra $5 bucks off per set. Some retailers will price adjust when an item is reduced soon after your purchase, but this doesn't apply to extra LEGO VIP points.

2. Unless it's an issue with the LEGO product on your order, LEGO Shop at Home does not cover return shipping fees, shipping the item back is going to wipe away the extra VIP points. If you're near a physical LEGO store you can return LEGO Shop at Home purchases, but I believe the limit is $200.

3. Buying 5 of the combo packs and then returning them, just to buy them again for extra VIP points might put you on LEGO's radar for abnormal buying habits, it could even lead to a LEGO Shop at Home ban.

• Like 5