What Lego set did you NOT buy today?

On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 8:33 PM, cladner said:

saw a ton of the new CLASSIC box - 10702 at walmart for $30.  waiting for a sale online couldn't even find it on their website yet. none on amazon yet... hmmmm....

Well... they're everywhere now... seeing them at Lego stores and online.  Almost the same piece count as the 10695 (also $30)... Bricklink says part out value of the 10695 = $88, part value of the 10702 = $108. I don't part out, and don't understand these values. Is the newer one valued higher, just because it's new (fewer data)... or is there something special in this box?

1 hour ago, Kenxxx said:

Well... they're everywhere now... seeing them at Lego stores and online.  Almost the same piece count as the 10695 (also $30)... Bricklink says part out value of the 10695 = $88, part value of the 10702 = $108. I don't part out, and don't understand these values. Is the newer one valued higher, just because it's new (fewer data)... or is there something special in this box?

It just means that the color & part selection of 10702 is such that it favors more expensive/unique/rare pieces over the ones used in 10695.

5 minutes ago, Phil B said:

It just means that the color & part selection of 10702 is such that it favors more expensive/unique/rare pieces over the ones used in 10695.

Yes, but are they more expensive and unique just because this is a new set, and because only a few say, pink slopes (or other unique parts), have been sold on Bricklink, skewing the data upward? Or will these continue to be rare and unique parts next year?

Really proud of myself - did NOT buy those two IAC's that I know for sure are sitting on the clearance shelf next to the 3 Spaceports at my local WM, even though I just yesterday discovered via the WM app that they are now $64 and $59 each and still In Stock. Even though it's a great deal, they don't fit my gameplan and my storage is full with sets that still need to be added to my shop.

Bit disappointed that 75093 Final Duel is still $79 at my WM though, that's a set I would have bought with no hesitation at $40. Maybe over the next few days it will get price reduced too - one can always hope .....

2 hours ago, Phil B said:

Really proud of myself - did NOT buy those two IAC's that I know for sure are sitting on the clearance shelf next to the 3 Spaceports at my local WM, even though I just yesterday discovered via the WM app that they are now $64 and $59 each and still In Stock. Even though it's a great deal, they don't fit my gameplan and my storage is full with sets that still need to be added to my shop.

Bit disappointed that 75093 Final Duel is still $79 at my WM though, that's a set I would have bought with no hesitation at $40. Maybe over the next few days it will get price reduced too - one can always hope .....

What Wal-Mart?

leaving those 50% off star wars sets???

large.jpg

i would have even grabbed those city and minecraft at that price.

I'm new to Lego investment...Seems 75103 is not a impressive set. so I didn't buy those. I thought about the 75104, but I really don't know how good is this one. Most of my collections are starships/vehicles...

Was looking for a $74 MF, but there was none

I just grab a $19 snowspeeder for myself.

Could you plz share your reasons for buying them?

• Like 1