What Lego set did you NOT buy today?

would have picked up a tower of orthanc at target online but the brickpicker notified me way too late. (anyone know why it does that?)

I had just happened to check target while they were in stock but missed out by less than a second. I then timed the notification and it came 10 minutes too late.

Edited by mrrobot

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am tempted to buy a few (4?) Brick Banks on-line from Lego. It seems to be a cool set and aren't modulars good investments? But then I made it a new years resolution to first read more about what to choose first before going in so much. So, I didn't buy any, yet.

If you're buying for investment (that have a history of being available for a long period), it may not be wise to purchase sets on their day of release...

8 hours ago, dinner41 said:

I am tempted to buy a few (4?) Brick Banks on-line from Lego. It seems to be a cool set and aren't modulars good investments? But then I made it a new years resolution to first read more about what to choose first before going in so much. So, I didn't buy any, yet.

Keep reading. Including the Lego ban thread because buying 4 at one time could get you banned in addition to it being a poor investment. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BrickLegacy said:

TRU cancelled all of my Cantina orders from a few weeks back. I figured it was just phantom stock. Anyone actually have an order fulfilled? My status was Items Located in Stock but they didn't go through.

I ordered through TRU @ Ebay, got cancelled. They popped back up, I reordered, got canceled again. :( Makes me sad...

Only if you like sitting on them for a few years. If you have option of buying on day of release or close to retirement, what one is getting you profits sooner. People buying brick banks now for investment are ones that want 40 or 50 and buy one every month

Saw a couple of 21014 Villa Savyoyes in my local TRU at MSRP, but there was a big indentation on both boxes and given that the building itself and the build doesn't really appeal to me (in the event that it doesn't go well in long term and I can't get my money back) I decided instead to buy two Imperial Hotels with 10% off, since the set appeals to me more and would love to build it and have it on display.