What Lego set did you NOT buy today?

Guest TabbyBoy

I guess I ended up not buying these because I returned them to WM today. No more Chima for me I hope.2x 70133 Spinlyn's Cavern2x 70132 Scorm's Scorpion Stinger2x 70012 Razar's CHI Raider4x 70151 Frozen Spikes4x 70156 Fire vs. Ice

Well done, crap theme.

Guest TabbyBoy

5x Sea Cow

5x Palace Cinema

I was about to click "Buy" for the 2x VIP points but, common sense prevailed as I'm VERY short on storage space. There'll be another time when I've offloaded all my current stock. Just glad I have willpower at last.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

At Legoland California today, I passed on a damaged box 75059 UCS Sandcrawler for 15% off.  Nice puncture hole in the middle of the box.  But, I'm not that big of a SW fan to want that set, not even at 15% off.

I also passed on 3 75919 Indominus Rex Breakouts today at TRU.  Maybe you can guess why?

MAgXw4n.jpg

pNlmFdZ.jpg

At Legoland California today, I passed on a damaged box 75059 UCS Sandcrawler for 15% off.  Nice puncture hole in the middle of the box.  But, I'm not that big of a SW fan to want that set, not even at 15% off.

I also passed on 3 75919 Indominus Rex Breakouts today at TRU.  Maybe you can guess why?

Haha

That's just plain stoopid on the managers part!

the security spiders? 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was at Target tonight and hidden to the side of some other LEGO Star Wars sets were 4 of Rey's Speeder #75099.  I casually took them to the register where the associate scanned them and no dice.  The register came up with a message that the set couldn't be sold until 9/4 and wouldn't allow any sort of override to check out.

I’ve not been buying 70170 UltraCopter vs Antimatter at 50% for some time and I didn’t buy anymore at 50% today.  
But I was the entertainer, checking out if they had any Bennys spaceship in store and both kids and parents were going nuts for it, of all the sets they had at 2for1, this was the set that immediately got their attention, they picked up and they bought.  Maybe there is something in the helicopter in every set strategy.  

Edited by feed

2 x 60022 Cargo terminal @ 72 euro each. 

Saw them in a store but my wife and kids were hungry. So we went to McD first and would go back for them after dinner. But then the store was closed. Will go back the day after tomorrow and grab them.

You find the most random, long sold out sets of anyone here.  You must have a lot of mom and pop shops that carry Lego but don't get high traffic for it.