What Lego set did you NOT buy today?

Hmmm ... I paid $25 for 70226 at TJMaxx just yesterday ... must be regional differences. Funny thing is that the TJMaxx I went to is right next door to HomeGoods (same parent company) and they were selling 70226 for $32. At $25, 70226 is a good parter-outer in my opinion.

Passed on many things the last few days.

2 slave I 75060 for $160 (can't afford this at the time, otherwise i'd have bit.  And they aren't at the store anymore, someone got them :/)

3 imperial assault carriers 75106 for 99$

1 tie advanced prototype 75082 for $35

1 minecraft the cave $69

1 chima fire temple $59

2 chima mammoth ice stomper 70145 $40

1 Daily bugle showdown $40

1 spiderman helicopter rescue 76016 for $35

1 jek 14 stealth starship 75018 for $54 (this was hard to turn down)

I'm holding out for better deals and deeper discounts on better sets that i hope will come in the next few weeks.  Call me crazy.

6 minutes ago, geno said:

Passed on many things the last few days.

2 slave I 75060 for $160 (can't afford this at the time, otherwise i'd have bit.  And they aren't at the store anymore, someone got them :/)

I'm holding out for better deals and deeper discounts on better sets that i hope will come in the next few weeks.  Call me crazy.

You're crazy for passing on this deal.  Having said that, it's only been out 12 months and will probably be around for at least another year.  There should be plenty of time to buy it, just not at 20% off.

7 minutes ago, zskid00 said:

You're crazy for passing on this deal.  Having said that, it's only been out 12 months and will probably be around for at least another year.  There should be plenty of time to buy it, just not at 20% off.

Caught me off guard when the christmas season had me depleted.  But I can still wait and see how long it will take Walmart to clearance the sandcrawler that's been sitting in the bike section for 5 months... THAT one i won't miss.

I didn't buy this lovely bunch:

23895326523_899fb6ffc8_b.jpg

- 7931 Jedi T-6 Shuttle (€75,-)

- 75019 AT-TE (€90,-)

- 7930 Bounty Hunter (€58,-)

- 9516 Jabba's Palace (€130,-) 

Mostly mediocre boxes.

I also saw this:

24495952216_679ef7ce95_b.jpg

- 79008 Lord of the Rings Pirate Ship Ambush (€120,-)

That box was in bad condition.

It's all just too expensive, even if I called the shop manager tomorrow and got 25% off for the lot I don't think it's a good deal. So I'll let it be. 

It would be interesting to see a plot of the daily posts in this thread over time, and compare to the daily deals thread. To me it seems that as soon as people don't have deals to report about and thus, no stories of what they ordered, got, or returned, they turn here, to report what they didn't order, didn't get, and would have returned anyway if they would have.

5 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

I didn't buy 60080 Spaceport nor 75094 Tydirium at Walmart today because I live in SoCal and Walmart refuses to mark anything down here. I'm not paying full price for either of those.

Full retail is a discount for us SoCal folks.  Rest of the country has gas in the $1.xx range and we still have some places in the $3.xx range.  Since Lego is petroleum based clearly they should charge more here!

I'm waiting for Target to put those Ghosts that were 125% RRP ($112.49) back on the shelf.  I felt almost like a crook looking at one at RRP. :devil:

But at least we can wear shorts in January :jester:

Back on topic - I passed on a S.H.E.I.L.D. that was on the damaged table - I'm guessing it would have been 1000 bonus points.

Edited by colossus