Flick Picks & TV Clicks

Guest eightbrick

14 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

"Peacemaker" was one of the best comic series I've watched on TV.

After watching the Suicide Squad movie I did not like the character at all. Didn't understand why Peacemaker would get his own show. 

I'm a few episodes behind but I actually really enjoy the show. Was amazed that I actually like the character and have sympathy for him. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, ponderingzissou said:

After watching the Suicide Squad movie I did not like the character at all. Didn't understand why Peacemaker would get his own show. 

I'm a few episodes behind but I actually really enjoy the show. Was amazed that I actually like the character and have sympathy for him. 

He was kind of conditioned to be an a-hole.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

"The Batman" was good overall, but very long and heavy on the exposition. There really isn't much action in it for a 3 hour Batman movie. It's a well made movie and the acting is great, but I won't be in a hurry to watch it again. Easily could have been a 2 1/4 hour movie.

16 hours ago, exciter1 said:

"The Batman" was good overall, but very long and heavy on the exposition. There really isn't much action in it for a 3 hour Batman movie. It's a well made movie and the acting is great, but I won't be in a hurry to watch it again. Easily could have been a 2 1/4 hour movie.

I liked it. I dont want the over the top marvel action movie. Nice change. Was much more about the detective piece.

3 hours ago, MotorCityMuscle said:

I liked it. I dont want the over the top marvel action movie. Nice change. Was much more about the detective piece.

Definitely a standalone. The quality was better, but seems like a one-off, like "Joker". I guess they might be doing some spin-offs for HBO series.

On 2/19/2022 at 3:07 PM, cladner said:

you might want to binge - its leaving netflix in 9 days and there are no plans at the moment to make it available on disney+

https://editorial.rottentomatoes.com/article/marvel-shows-leave-netflix-in-march/

So I only made it through Season 1 before the cut off date. Was bummed out and randomly checking Disney+ today and its there! 

Pieces of Her on Netflix is garbage.

This user review on IMDB summarizes my thoughts.

Loses steam early on. Bella Heathcote turns in horrible performance.
I'm a big fan of Toni Collette but she's in a dog of a series with this one. Collette's a natural actor with a wonderful range. The same can't be said for her costar Heathcote who acts her character instead of inhabiting it. The limp script doesn't give her much help.

2 shows I am watching neither is great but both are good.

The Dropout on Hulu is the Elizabeth Holmes Theranos story better than the HBO documentary The Inventor. I read the book Bad Blood so I know the story and still find it entertaining and it has some good cast members. Probably best to wait for it to be over and binge it. 

Winning Time on HBOMax. The story of the Los Angeles Lakers when Jerry Buss buys the team and Drafts Magic Johnson. It has good long-term potential as a young creative Jeanie Buss is already in it. I hate when actors break character and talk to the camera and the first 2 episodes have a lot of that but it is still entertaining. Michael Chiklis as Red Auerbach is a blast from the past. 

The last 2 episodes and ending of The Tourist on HBOMax SUCKED! Not sure who recommended that one ;) 

2 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

2 shows I am watching neither is great but both are good.

The Dropout on Hulu is the Elizabeth Holmes Theranos story better than the HBO documentary The Inventor. I read the book Bad Blood so I know the story and still find it entertaining and it has some good cast members. Probably best to wait for it to be over and binge it. 

Winning Time on HBOMax. The story of the Los Angeles Lakers when Jerry Buss buys the team and Drafts Magic Johnson. It has good long-term potential as a young creative Jeanie Buss is already in it. I hate when actors break character and talk to the camera and the first 2 episodes have a lot of that but it is still entertaining. Michael Chiklis as Red Auerbach is a blast from the past. 

The last 2 episodes and ending of The Tourist on HBOMax SUCKED! Not sure who recommended that one ;) 

I agree, The Dropout is good. I followed her story and watched the HBO doc and 20/20 episode.  A fascinating story indeed.  I'm also looking forward to watching #WECRASHED when it airs a few more episodes. The WEWORK documentary is a good one too.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/8/2022 at 2:28 PM, Pseudoty said:

I will have to check that one out.

Severance on Apple TV is strangely good? 

On 3/9/2022 at 8:26 PM, dennugsmello said:

Agreed. I don't watch much television and this caught my interest. Definitely clicking all the right buttons for my personality. 

Excellent show. Outstanding season finale. 

Very impressed with this one. 

On 3/18/2022 at 7:26 AM, Pseudoty said:

I need to check this out.  I saw the documentary and other videos around the whole Theranos thing.  It was fascinating how a woman could trick a bunch of money people + CVS using essentially a sci-fi story. 

Perhaps what more fascinating is that after all of the news, trial, and conviction, she still has supporters who believe in her.