Flick Picks & TV Clicks

Guest eightbrick

The Dropout was fine.  I think Amanda Seyfried did a great job as Holmes, the whole series just felt longer than it needed to be.  I had watched the documentary and listened to a podcast series so I knew where things were headed, and both of those other mediums told the story quicker than the Hulu series.

Severance was excellent.  I felt like they revealed just enough each episode to keep things going.  I do feel like the first season is more of a part one of a season rather than a complete season, but that's splitting hairs.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Finally watched No Way Home and I liked it.              

SPOILERS if you are more boomer than me and have not watched the movie :P                  

Spider-Man                   

Spider-Man                       

Does whatever spider can                               

Finally, (Iron) Spider-Boy became Spider-Man. It only took 5.5 movies for this Spidey to get the "with great power" lesson.  Something that the other Spideys learned in the first 15 minutes of their movies. :D

It did not make sense how the identity revelation would create such hatred for Spidey.  The dude was part of Avengers that just saved the world from total annihilation a few months ago.  Give the kid a break. :P

I liked how JJ Jameson was basically an Alex Jones stand in for this universe. :D

I liked how the other Spideys also got some redemptions / closures via this movie.  Andrew Garfield showed great emotion after he saved MJ. 

Toby was the big brother of the group. Andrew the emotional one. Tom was the one with leadership / teamwork experience.
Also, the other Spideys just understood his motivation for saving the villains.  No arguments, just "This is what we do".  Brilliant !

I liked how all villains basically overpowered MCU Spidey.  Also, how Green Goblin was basically Spidey's arc-nemesis in any dimension.
Lol at discussions of the organic web.  I had the same questions when I watched the original movies :P

I liked how the ending basically reset Spidey-verse, making him the down to his luck but still your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man.  I hope they mix up the supporting characters moving forward.  Having 3 genius kids in a movie is a bit too much.  Make MJ the next Iron-(Wo)Man and Ned Sorcerer Supreme Jr or something, I do not care :D

I also watched the behind the scene interviews / extras in the DVD and Tom Holland sounded as if this was the last time he played the role.  I heard rumors that this Spidey would be brought out of MCU to Venom-verse.  I have no idea how this Spidey would work in that universe.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...