What Lego set did you buy today?

1 hour ago, Fleck said:

I am assuming this is the show and tell section or the bragging section...lol, so there I go.................

I am SO excited to share this with you guys !! I found this auction on eBay with a starting bid of $49.99 (reserve not met) (no bids) and a make offer option, Local pickup only =(  I emailed the seller and they wanted to get $400 for them. They ended up agreeing to sell them to me for $200 ship to me for $36 shipping ! 

We have received them all and assembled them. I can not get over how immaculate they all are ! They were hers during childhood and guaranteed me that she took great care of all her things growing up !  Besides a little dust. They look brand new and all the boxes are intact and only a few creases and a little tear here or there. All the pieces are there ! Even the little gold coins and feathers for the hats. All the instructions are perfect and they even have posters that have not even been unfolded in them !

I feel very fortunate to get a hold of these and will enjoy displaying them =)

vintage lego.jpg

LEGO used to have great display boxes.

• Like 3

On 3/9/2018 at 1:27 PM, Bold-Arrow said:

Some ideas from target eBay courtesy of our SD homeboys 

B282E294-C95B-41B1-8BBB-F020DA4094C5.jpeg

Opted to get the Carousel with this deal. I've been waiting to build this since release but I was waiting for a decent enough sale. It came in a box that really wasn't 'dimensionally appropriate" so it came with a few dents and small holes. But since this is for personal build I am pretty excited to do this on my next time off from work.

image.png

• Like 2

I found a bunch of GWP polybags at the LEGOLAND Discovery Center store. I bought 30 Scarif Stormtroopers, a couple R3-M2, a couple police ROadblock, and a couple jungle explorer polybags. They were $2.50 each. I also (unfortunately) got a couple sensei wu keychain polybags. If they weren't Imposing limits, I would have had a lot more Shoretroopers. I didn't know how good or bad the city polybags were and didn't have wifi, so I didn't realize I should have bought more than 2 each. THey also had the LEGO Ninjago Kai Pod for $4, so I passed on them.

Snagged a Kylo Ren Shuttle 75104 for 28.50 shipped with the 15% ebay discount (was 33.5 before discount). Used, but with all pices, instructions, and box according to the listing. Good deal assuming it does come with everything, box looks mint too.

• Like 1

Used Big Ben Creator 10253 with Instructions, no box (probably will disassemble, inventory and clean pieces, and build to keep)

Used UCS R2-D2 10225 with Instructions, no box (will disassemble, inventory and clean pieces, and try to resell)

Combine from same seller $150 from Facebook Market. Both appear to be complete sets.

About a quarter inch of dust included too.?

Edited by MJO24
  • Like 2