What Lego set did you buy today?

One of my friends brought these back from Billund, Denmark for me and I wanted something that had the Lego House logo on it.  Got one for each member of the family, except for the dog of course.  I did not think he would be as excited as the rest of us.  Sorry doggie!  Unfettered minifigures were only available with actual sets.

5ad90794b36b8_DSC00458-Resized.JPG.62261fe9ecc4e4fa2b1c372832e999a4.JPG

Edited by LegoWalker4
  • Like 4

24 minutes ago, calmdahn said:

Whaaaaaat. You can’t post a pic like that and not say how much.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

Lol I paid $ 6447.40.  Should've been $6300 but PayPal decided to be a pain at the pick up and had to pay fees but I'll live lol.  I have my estimate at $10,775 for the lot but that's fairly conservative.  So all in all, enough room to make some cash and also be able to build some :P

Picked up a diverse group of sets this morning from Facebook Marketplace.

4184 - Black Pearl
8484 - Ultimate Build Lightning McQueen
7648 - MT-21 Mobile Mining Unit

All three for $120.  All 100% complete with all minifigs and instructions

I have a BP in a bulk lot that I've never dug out.  Seller had a few other random sets (Alien Conquest, Atlantis, City, Harry Potter) but nothing that tickled my fancy.  They wanted $110 for 4842, but that just honestly doesn't leave a lot of meat on the bone if you look at recent prices.  I've already flipped a 4842, so I'm good there.

Anyway, fun sets.  Now I have a second BP and I can eventually pull the other one out and sell it off (it's also 100% complete).

8484-1.jpg

7648-1.jpg

• Like 3

17101 - LEGO Boost for $75 on clearance at Walmart. 

Saw this morning’s press release for the Rollercoaster. It mentions some programmable functions and even custom sounds for the Rollercoaster if you hook up a Boost. Not going to pass on a Boost for greater than 50% off (I missed the $49 Boost couple weeks back). 

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 9:23 PM, mauro23 said:

s-l1600.jpg

5500 Euro, all sets in sealed condition... The value of them in EU market is about 8500 Euro. 

I think I'm more jealous of all the empty space in that room. If I tried to take a picture like that in my home, I'd have to continually yell at my kids to get all of their stuff for like an hour.

• Like 2

picked up 5 constraction speeder bikes (75532) for $21 each, at a walmart that rarely ever has good clearance.  not that special as it looks like they are hitting that price at many stores, and likely cheaper at many others.  but pickings tend to be slim around here...

Just now, Alpinemaps said:

Found another Series 18 Policeman at Walmart

I feel like there's going to be a lot of eventual buyer's remorse from people paying over the odds for that figure. It amuses me to see all the self righteous "Scalping is bad" posters on various sites wanting big trades for this figure. "I'll trade my Policeman for Revan."

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thoroakenfelder said:

I feel like there's going to be a lot of eventual buyer's remorse from people paying over the odds for that figure. It amuses me to see all the self righteous "Scalping is bad" posters on various sites wanting big trades for this figure. "I'll trade my Policeman for Revan."

Wait, you are telling me you haven't played the KOTOR yet? Policeman IS Revan. Ooops Spoiler Alert

Edited by lebrick
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, lebrick said:

Wait, you are telling me you haven't played the KOTOR yet? Policeman IS Revan. Ooops Spoiler Alert

I just find hypocrites who complain about people buying LEGO to resell at some future date scalpers while simultaneously seeking out a short packed minifigure to trade for more desirable items to be funny/frustrating. It's just like scalping, but without money exchanging hands. I've seen it in every venue of toy collecting. I'd respect them more if they would admit what they are doing instead of acting like it's all fair. Hell, I buy stuff to resell it at a profit, sometimes immediately.

OTOH I am not going to spend time searching for a policeman figure, because I can't believe that bubble will last longer than a minute. I have 50 old school police in various bulk bins at home. Where's my $25 for them?

• Like 3

True. not gonna lie, series 18 was by far the worst. I went to a local bookstore who had just recently received boxes of Series 18 and when I went to see if I can find one in the box, all I saw was one box opened dug through and rightfully so, but what really infuriated me was the 5 other sealed boxes behind the counter with a note saying the policeman was already reserved.

• Like 1

True. not gonna lie, series 18 was by far the worst. I went to a local bookstore who had just recently received boxes of Series 18 and when I went to see if I can find one in the box, all I saw was one box opened dug through and rightfully so, but what really infuriated me was the 5 other sealed boxes behind the counter with a note saying the policeman was already reserved BY STORE EMPLOYEES.

Fixed it for you
  • Like 2

While not technically a set I bought, or even a set, I was given this great Lego investing book, written by two well-known Brick Pickers, by one of my cousins who is also as fanatical about Lego as I am.  It was great to talk to someone who knows what a light bluish 2x10 plate without me giving a very confused look.

The book furthered my love of castles, space sets, and the Pirate theme.  My wife seems to be very worried for some reason… 

DSC00553 - Resized.JPG

Edited by LegoWalker4
  • Like 3

Ordered the UCS Falcon today. Had been trying to catch one at AWD, but was always too slow (darn work). 2x VIP points and the free BB-8 were good enough incentive for me for something for a personal build. 

Plus, my husband is FINALLY graduating with his last degree (MD) tomorrow, so this is my gift to myself for surviving along with him. ?

• Like 8