What Lego set did you buy today?

Well I couldn't help myself...

Besides those posters are truly terrible indeed.
I caught today my friend who is a supervisor in Leicester Sq and he told me that marketing team gave them a strict instruction to remove Vader Pods even knowing that they have plenty of stock available - he confirmed me that. They will most likely hit the shelves with price tag.
They have already the Cloud City marketing promo materials on computer.

Anyway. :) Finally I have A-Wing with one and only himself - Lando!
I've never been a huge fan of the Brickheadz but I just couldn't help myself resisting those from the new run. They are fantastic!

20180505_224155.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Shewie said:

Well I couldn't help myself...

Besides those posters are truly terrible indeed.
I caught today my friend who is a supervisor in Leicester Sq and he told me that marketing team gave them a strict instruction to remove Vader Pods even knowing that they have plenty of stock available - he confirmed me that. They will most likely hit the shelves with price tag.
They have already the Cloud City marketing promo materials on computer.

Anyway. :) Finally I have A-Wing with one and only himself - Lando!
I've never been a huge fan of the Brickheadz but I just couldn't help myself resisting those from the new run. They are fantastic!

Ahh, I see you got two BB-8s!! That poster looks so bad, LEGO could of done better.

Had some fun hunting...

IMG_20180505_221821-01.thumb.jpeg.b134e3dd59bee4c88cd744df8842dd5d.jpeg

Started out with my company's model home furniture (&other stuff) sale. Picked up a small Classic set and a Large Lego brick storage bin for $5 ea. Dropped by Walmart on the way home picked up the 4x4 response (60165), then later picked up the crazy deals on the Scout Walker, Bane attack and brickheadz. 

Edited by mrthedave
  • Like 3

image.png.971efa4bc628ce675fb4591b15d75eda.png

Slowly knocking down my retired UCS/Modular list. I have a toddler and another due in a few weeks, so I have forever to be patient and wait for my prices since it will be years before I ever have time to build anything.

No box, instructions, or sticker. Missing/replaced pieces noted below. Seller states 100% LEGO, so an easy SNAD case if necessary. But someone trying to scam does nothing for themselves by stating it's 100% LEGO and compiling a missing parts list. Seller has a history selling LEGO, and good feedback, so I'm not too concerned.

*1x2 Tan bricks with stub vertical end - substituted with light gray
*2X8 Tan bricks - substituted with yellow
* Tan Hinge Bricks - substituted with light gray
*1 Angle Element #5 tan - substituted with black
*Red Angle Bricks 5x5 - substituted with black
*Dark Gray Technic Bricks 1x12 - substituted with Light Gray
*Dark Gray round plate - substituted with light gray
*Mini Antenna - gray knobs substituted with black
*Metallic Dark Gray 15m beams - substituted with dark gray

Missing Pieces:
2x10 black brick - 8
2x10 light gray brick - 2
1x1 trans neon green bricks - 51

Already have a bricklink cart loaded with the missing parts listed for when/if this arrives as described.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Saruman said:

Anyone think I should buy a  used Rathtar Escape for $20? It's 100% complete and on ebay. I didn't know what anyone else's thoughts were for this set.

they are reported to be as cheap as $10 on clearance at Walmart if you can find one.

1 hour ago, Chormeister said:

I found one of these hiding at a Walmart a couple of weeks ago for $35. Not the best price out there, but I was happy to find it. I very rarely find the crazy deals that I see posted here.

I was happy to find one at $35 for personal build.

I bought a Haunted House 10228 on ebay for $150 with free shipping.  I actually bought it in late April but received it recently.  It was an open box sealed bags and it was all as described.  Once a while, I take a chance on a too good to be true item on ebay.  I am just glad this one worked.  It was sent wrapped in brown crafting paper so the box was damaged but no complaints from me.

• Like 4

Picked up my holy grail set today at a local collectibles swap meet. Paid $145 for a near mint box. Hopefully Lego puts out some new Indy 1-3 sets when 5 hits but not this one
24FDDCC3-612F-4A0B-8BA5-66F0413F81CB.thumb.jpeg.e19e28ee408bb96b618c94befe2c741d.jpeg

You mean Indy 4. There hasn’t been an Indy movie since 1989.

Yeah that’s a fantastic set. I got a steal of a deal on a used one on eBay a couple years ago. It’s an awesome set.
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

You mean Indy 4. There hasn’t been an Indy movie since 1989.

Yeah that’s a fantastic set. I got a steal of a deal on a used one on eBay a couple years ago. It’s an awesome set.

I have an extra I keep forgetting about.

Went to Denmark with wife and kids over the May vacation and a visit to Billund was of course on the itinerary. :)  One day visit to the first and original LEGOLAND park, with a very expensive Lego shop inside (so I didn't buy anything there), and another day spent inside the LEGO House, where I brought home these nice mint boxes. :) 

408203822_LegoHaul.thumb.JPG.6a71044bd87e4e9544a13d2d4983f1c4.JPG

• Like 6