What Lego set did you buy today?

Oops I did it again... For $175/local sale I bought a medium-large collection because I can't refuse Lego for under 10 cents on the dollar :P  The lot will need washing, sorting, assembling...  Fortunately a lot of the sets are 50-75% assembled to make pulling sets easier.  I've identified 38 sets (not including smalls) at around $2400 retail and I still have to ID a bunch of Ninjago sets w/o instructions.  There's a nice (ugh) Mega Bloks Halo collection that should bring $150+ (Pelican is $60 alone + 15-20 other assembled sets).  Since I'm still working through a 115-pound buy from a year ago, I've probably bitten off more than I can chew.  If anyone is looking for a project PM me :)

4996 Beach House
6206 TIE Interceptor
6209 Slave 1
6210 Jabba's Sail Barge
6211 Imperial Star Destroyer
7093 Skeleton Tower
7180 B-Wing
7237 Police Station
7259 ARC-170 Starfighter
7261 Clone Turbo Tank
7621 Indiana Jones and the Lost Tomb
7622 Indiana Jones  - Race for the Stolen Treasure
7657 AT-ST
7658 Y-wing Fighter
7659 Imperial Landing Craft
7660 Naboo N-1 Starfighter and Vulture Droid
7661 Jedi Starfighter with Hyperdrive Booster Ring
7662 MTT
7663 Sith Infiltrator
7665 Republic Cruiser
7669 Aniken Starfighter
7671 AT-AP Walker
7673 MagnaGuard Starfighter
7674 V-19 Torrent
7675 AT-TE
7676 Republic Dropship
7678 Droid Gunship
7679 Republic Fighter Tank
7692 Mars Mission Recon Dropship
7697 Mars Mission MT-51 Claw Tank Ambush
7738 Coast Guard Helicopter
7748 Corporate Alliance Tank Droid
7781 The Batmobile: Two-Face's Escape
7893 Passenger Plane
8016 Hyena Droid Bomber
8018 AAT
8036 Seperatist Shutle
8117 Exo-Force Storm Lasher 

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

• Like 6

6 hours ago, FM said:

Oops I did it again... For $175/local sale I bought a medium-large collection because I can't refuse Lego for under 10 cents on the dollar :P  The lot will need washing, sorting, assembling...  Fortunately a lot of the sets are 50-75% assembled to make pulling sets easier.  I've identified 38 sets (not including smalls) at around $2400 retail and I still have to ID a bunch of Ninjago sets w/o instructions.  There's a nice (ugh) Mega Bloks Halo collection that should bring $150+ (Pelican is $60 alone + 15-20 other assembled sets).  Since I'm still working through a 115-pound buy from a year ago, I've probably bitten off more than I can chew.  If anyone is looking for a project PM me :)

Minifigs?

Bought on BrickLink:

40290 60 Years of the LEGO Brick, $37.24 Shipped, did not want to spend $125 to get this free set.

5005358 Minifigure Factory, $21.48 Shipped,  did not want to spend $75 to get this free set.

In my mind I saved $140 on things I do not really need from the Lego Store or SAH by buying these sets for ~ $60 separately and not need needing to spending $200 to get them otherwise.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, odysea11 said:

I don't usually post in this thread, but I couldn't resist this time. A very nice gentleman (ex-Lego employee), presented these four sets for sale on FB. He was very generous and accepted $500 for all of them. Now I'm torn......keep or sell?? My kids are drooling!!

after building all 4 of those,  the nutcracker is probably the best display piece and pretty impressive.  Plus can put it right back in the box when done with the holidays.   The train set one is pretty nice too.  The birds are a lot smaller than the other birds set so doesn't really fit into anything well and the windmill is just awkward to display.  All nice sets just depends on your preferences of what you like to display / build.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ravenb99 said:

after building all 4 of those,  the nutcracker is probably the best display piece and pretty impressive.  Plus can put it right back in the box when done with the holidays.   The train set one is pretty nice too.  The birds are a lot smaller than the other birds set so doesn't really fit into anything well and the windmill is just awkward to display.  All nice sets just depends on your preferences of what you like to display / build.  

My kids want the Wind Generator, my wife wants the Nutcracker, and I like the trains. Maybe just sell the birds to offset the cost, and keep the rest? Fun decision to make!

BTW....The Nutcracker box is VERY impressive!

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Someone went to Bargain Hunt......

That's actually off an Amazon floor load from there wholesale business.  Essex has the cvg2 facility.  Can see the AF on their inventory scan as well.   Their bargain Hunt stores are the loads they keep.  

Essex takes the floor loads in and then either keeps for retail or makes AF processed loads out of them.   

Edited by ravenb99