What Lego set did you buy today?

20 hours ago, exciter1 said:

Toys R Us again, fresh case, Police Officer 3rd from the back, left side

A48EB72B-F0BD-498D-B15C-8C3170D237B3.jpeg

Is Lego still stuck at 5% off at the remaining TRUs? I went into one last week and the clerk told me they did not expect to discount the Lego beyond 5% as it is still selling but with new shipments coming in every day and the doors closing for good around June 1, it all has to go sometime.

Is Lego still stuck at 5% off at the remaining TRUs? I went into one last week and the clerk told me they did not expect to discount the Lego beyond 5% as it is still selling but with new shipments coming in every day and the doors closing for good around June 1, it all has to go sometime.

Rumor has it that they’re waiting until the gift cards expire. Makes sense to me.
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1

Officially diverged from just SW collecting (the turd to gem rate has shifted a bit much in the last 18 months) into Exclusives. Went into store and told them I already own every SW set I want and asked if they'd throw in a Vader pod if I spent the threshold. Didn't take much schmoozing. Bought Parisian Restaurant with both promos.

• Like 2

I've never had an interest in Modulars. But thanks to Target's pricing error, I got a look at Assembly Square and decided "these look nice, I need to have them all"... which seemed like a terrible life decision at the time... so I followed my norm and walked down that path.

Thankfully my very detailed saved search strings and alerts on eBay helped me find these gems at what I would consider good prices. No boxes, but otherwise complete. That large stack of Assembly Squares has supplemented another hording epidemic.

image.png.598ba6ea79a88b519584acf0906a2c69.png

image.png.32ec6e11fa2f1877623dd76199b12618.png

Seller was dumping her collection. Direct messaged me and offered me a Pet Shop for $148 shipped but I'm certain I can find better.

So that brings me to 5 with Assembly Square, Palace Cinema, and Detectives Office which are all sealed. I'm $500 in the hole so far for 5 modulars. I'm super cheap when it comes to buying things actually for me, so I'll find the rest at what I consider to be a reasonable price... or I won't find them at all. Another exciting hunt begins.

Edited by brickvoyeur
  • Like 5

8 minutes ago, brickvoyeur said:

I've never had an interest in Modulars. But thanks to Target's pricing error, I got a look at Assembly Square and decided "these look nice, I need to have them all"... which seemed like a terrible life decision at the time... so I followed my norm and walked down that path.

Thankfully my very detailed saved search strings and alerts on eBay helped me find these gems at what I would consider good prices. No boxes, but otherwise complete. That large stack of Assembly Squares has supplemented another hording epidemic.

image.png.598ba6ea79a88b519584acf0906a2c69.png

image.png.32ec6e11fa2f1877623dd76199b12618.png

So that brings me to 5 with Assembly Square, Palace Cinema, and Detectives Office which are all sealed. I'm $500 in the hole so far for 5 modulars. I'm super cheap when it comes to buying things actually for me, so I'll find the rest at what I consider to be a reasonable price... or I won't find them at all. Another exciting hunt begins.

I would think these are chinese knock offs at this rpice

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I would think these are chinese knock offs at this rpice

We’ve all seen people dump valuable LEGO for cheap before - I got the Taj for $40 last year (a few months before the remake was announced).

If they are knockoffs, seller screwed themselves for listing them as LEGO. Easy SNAD claim.

On offer up was able to grab 

4184 black pearl -seals open but nice box and everything sealed (poster not in the greates shape

4204 the city mine - factory sealed

10223 kingdom joust - factory sealed

7596 toy story trash compactor escape - factory sealed

all for $350?

Picked up a few used sets off eBay yesterday for $230 total.

Star Wars:

7879 Hoth Echo Base
9516 Jabba's Palace
75014 Battle of Hoth

All complete with minis and manuals, just no boxes. 

I plan on constructing a Hoth scene in the basement.  I have 75138 Hoth Attack and 75098 Assault on Hoth sets to build already and a 75054 AT AT and 75049 Snowspeeder to throw in, but was holding out for 7879 especially as it fits in the build very well compared to other Hoth sets.  I will pick up 7666 and at least 2 8084's one day and work it in when I find it at a price I can't pass on.  

• Like 1

Was doubting whether to go for it or not, but I couldn't resist and ordered a Minifigs Series 18 sealed box for €200 (no shipping). 

Maybe it will be possible to get it cheaper later, but I don't want to risk it. Will sell off the police officer and 2 sets of 16, plus the remaining spares, to get one set (of 16) minifigs for myself.