What Lego set did you buy today?

4 minutes ago, ravenb99 said:

That's actually off an Amazon floor load from there wholesale business.  Essex has the cvg2 facility.  Can see the AF on their inventory scan as well.   Their bargain Hunt stores are the loads they keep.  

Essex takes the floor loads in and then either keeps for retail or makes AF processed loads out of them.   

So they (=Essex) are a liquidator and send certain goods to Amazon and others they keep for their BH stores? Or is this liquidated Amazon inventory that they buy up and then either sell via other online channels or keep in their stores? Not sure I understand the jargon in your reply ....

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Phil B said:

So they (=Essex) are a liquidator and send certain goods to Amazon and others they keep for their BH stores? Or is this liquidated Amazon inventory that they buy up and then either sell via other online channels or keep in their stores? Not sure I understand the jargon in your reply ....

Essex has about 2/3 of the Amazon facilities liquidation. (the contracts are bid on yearly).  They have to take all the amazon returns and fc overstocks from all those facilities.   Bargain Hunt is their retail stores.  They also have a wholesale Dept where they sell out to other people like myself.  That particular item was taken in to their floor load processing facility outside Nashville and then processed.   They then put out on loads that have the smaller bar code sticker with the load it came from.  Usually numbered and AF for amazon floor load.  Floor loads refer to the way they are shipped from the amazon return facility to them.  Basically is a hand stacked 53' trailer top to bottom.  You can also buy the processed stuff they don't want which is what that set came from originally.  The store tags are slightly different and have different information.

That's about 46 pallets of that type merchandise from a load from them

IMG_20170619_074715.jpg

Edited by ravenb99
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, ravenb99 said:

Essex has about 2/3 of the Amazon facilities liquidation. (the contracts are bid on yearly).  They have to take all the amazon returns and fc overstocks from all those facilities.   Bargain Hunt is their retail stores.  They also have a wholesale Dept where they sell out to other people like myself.  That particular item was taken in to their floor load processing facility outside Nashville and then processed.   They then put out on loads that have the smaller bar code sticker with the load it came from.  Usually numbered and AF for amazon floor load.  Floor loads refer to the way they are shipped from the amazon return facility to them.  Basically is a hand stacked 53' trailer top to bottom.  You can also buy the processed stuff they don't want which is what that set came from originally.  The store tags are slightly different and have different information.

That's about 46 pallets of that type merchandise from a load from them

IMG_20170619_074715.jpg

http://www.bargainhunt.com/

The couple I bought this set from had many other items in the back of their SUV. Printers, Crock-pots, dishes, ect. all in new in boxes with these labels plastered on them.

55 minutes ago, Fleck said:

http://www.bargainhunt.com/

The couple I bought this set from had many other items in the back of their SUV. Printers, Crock-pots, dishes, ect. all in new in boxes with these labels plastered on them.

Yes I sell stuff like this locally.  I've dealt with Essex before bargain hunt even existed. The big 4x6 labels used to go to genco before Essex got that contract for cvg2

Stopped by a local Wal- Mart to see if they had any clearance, which they did not. However the Lego Rep was there and was putting up one of the large hanging Series 18 displays. I was able to get 2 police officers from it in the same spots, so they load them the same and not randomly.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jkris53406 said:

Stopped by a local Wal- Mart to see if they had any clearance, which they did not. However the Lego Rep was there and was putting up one of the large hanging Series 18 displays. I was able to get 2 police officers from it in the same spots, so they load them the same and not randomly.

Which peg on the hanging display?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

Which peg on the hanging display?

They were the top row center and the third( i believe) row center positions. This was a brand new display and i had to pull the retainer tabs off to get the minifigs out. as soon as i found the first one in the top row i went to the same place in the corresponding row and there he was. I assume they load the top then load the bottom the same way.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, jkris53406 said:

Found one of these displays today as well. Was already searched though.

4 minutes ago, Haay said:

Interesting to note how it's almost exclusively Americans posting here.

Either Europeans just don't get good deals (worthy enough to post here) or Europeans are more secretive about the good discounts they find. I wonder which is true...

I’d say it’s the first reason. Even the best deals here pale in comparison to some of the Walmart discount LEGO prices. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Haay said:

Either Europeans just don't get good deals (worthy enough to post here) or Europeans are more secretive about the good discounts they find. I wonder which is true...

European dealers arnt willing to sell for loss like Walmart is

last week I bought BigBen for 145€ and Diner for 110€ at GaleriaKaufhof

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Haay said:

Alright I'll post.

I got a used, complete and boxed 75054 AT-AT from Gumtree for £58 delivered.

• Like 2

Never see those sets at any WM around here and 10715 is still $25 WTH...............
This was the first store in a 40 mile radius to drop the price of 10715 this morning. The big sets were obviously online returns and were lying on the top shelf. The Go Kart had been there for a while - I recall price checking it a few months ago. It must have been the fact that I was in my best suit on the way to a meeting that made the Toy Dept Mgr discount these on the spot ... I didn't really ask, she just said "let me see what I can do"...

... And my rugged good looks of course.
  • Like 3

Not much to brag about, but I bought 75169 (Duel on Naboo), 75182 (Republic Fighter Tank), 75168 (Yoda's Jedi Starfighter), 75166 (First Order Transport Speeder BP), and a blue baseplate to get the two promos (DV pod and MF Factory) from LEGO Shop at Home. Not a great deal, and could have saved some money buying elsewhere, but they're for personal collection and I haven't personallly run across any of those cheap sets at a significant discount.