What Lego set did you buy today?

Was in local LEGO store today due to double VIP pts for Black Card holders.  Was surprised to see an Assault on Hoth (last one in stock) still listed at $175.  For double VIP pts, 60th anniversary set and 30% off, I'll do that.  Imagine my surprise when it actually rang up for $140... score!

• Like 9

I finally picked up Saturn V from SaH.

£109.99 + the promo

-£10 voucher from the catalogue.

-£10 VIP I had in my account.

-£5ish cashback.

They removed the promo from my order as I also used the voucher. After a complaint they are sending the 60 years promo out ASAP ahead of the Saturn V which is on backorder. A shame the promo is dropping in price so quickly on eBay. I think I'll hang onto it for a year or so and see what happens.

You’re lucky that they honoured the promo since strictly speaking you shouldn’t have qualified for it. By adding the £10 voucher the purchase is £99.99 only. I was about to do the same thing and noticed the promo was removed when the voucher was added, so went back and added a brickheadz.

To be fair I've had this before with earlier promos and they always honoured it if 1p short, but required a phone call

Whenever I've phoned Lego CS they've always been fairly reasonable.

but getting amicable results by chat is harder and emailing lego CS is terrible. They take days to respond and replies take another while too, you also rarely get a good outcome on email.

• Like 1

Various Argos shenanigans.

• 12 Battle Packs 7.99 each
  • 90 Batman Series 2 93p each average
  • 63 Series 17 48p average
  • 7 Baseplates 1.99
  • 16 Ninjago Movie City Chase 6.99
  • 16 Ninjago Movie Piranha Attack 6.99
  • 36 Spinjitzu training 1.99
  • 27 Ninjago Movie maker (whatever that is) totally free!

That's going to be a fun time at the fast track counter, assuming they don't cancel them. Eventually ran out of small stuff at my two locals. £1500 retail for just over £500.

• Like 5

TRU store closing. 10% discount on most LEGO, so meh. But, they emptied the back and therefore there were some interesting options:

3× Batman Pod Polybag $5.39 each
1× 71301 Bionicle Creature of Stone $9.89

The manager who was removing the LEGO display cases for return to TLG approached me and showed me what he found behind one of them:

2× TLBM Bricktober minifigs pack - $17.99 each

Paid with 7% off GC and added in a Valentine seasonal set ($8.99) to empty out the GC.

• Like 1