What Lego set did you buy today?

Guest TabbyBoy
6 hours ago, andyposterfan said:

You're not along a holiday train got crushed by sloppy Lego packaging and arrangement with smaller sets

Did you complain? You may even get a free replacement and even be told to keep the original if it's really not fit for resale. At the worst, you'll get to keep any promo get extra VIP points if you ask nicely. Don't accept anything less than straight-off-the-line condition. I moan constantly and have not been banned.......... yet. LEGO need resellers as they may lose most of their sales without us!

90+ minifigs for $40 on offerup thanks to my wife, down from a $75 ask.  The seller said he found them dumpster diving.  All are in VG-EX condition.  Includes Clone Commander Wollfe and all the figs from 7964 which pays for the lot.  Any other gems?

(And sorry this is what did you buy, not what "set" did you buy - For that mark me down for 2 60th's in store, 1 from Saturn and 1 from Arch Studio for $111.99 + a few clearance 60170 Build My City Expansion Packs to meet the threshhold.)

mini1.jpg

mini2.jpg

Edited by FM

Super market sweep.

2 x GOTG Ravanger attack £10

1 x 76088 Thor Vs Hulk - Discounted further due to creased box £25.20
1 x 41146 Cinderella carriage, box opened, reduced to £15. Got a cash buyer lined up for this.
1 x 76084 Thor Ragnarock Ultimate battle £25, this is the 2nd one of these I've bought, they have TONS of these so I can see these being discounted further. Planning to list this to gauge interest on the set and work out at what price point I should go all in.
2 x UK 41324 Snow Resort Ski Lift Construction Toy @ £28 each

Missed out on Landspeeders at £10 :(

9 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

Did you complain? You may even get a free replacement and even be told to keep the original if it's really not fit for resale. At the worst, you'll get to keep any promo get extra VIP points if you ask nicely. Don't accept anything less than straight-off-the-line condition. I moan constantly and have not been banned.......... yet. LEGO need resellers as they may lose most of their sales without us!

the most I ever get is 200 points (£10), how did you squeeze the free promo? I was happy with 200 points on a £70 spend

Guest TabbyBoy
35 minutes ago, andyposterfan said:

the most I ever get is 200 points (£10), how did you squeeze the free promo? I was happy with 200 points on a £70 spend

I simply told them in a nice way to not drop their standards as people will go elsewhere and I was cheeky and asked for the promo. To be honest, I don't buy much from SaH now. If I do get a 75192 MF, it will be from John Lewis so that I can pick up a mint box.

I simply told them in a nice way to not drop their standards as people will go elsewhere and I was cheeky and asked for the promo. To be honest, I don't buy much from SaH now. If I do get a 75192 MF, it will be from John Lewis so that I can pick up a mint box.

I think Falcons shipped from SAH have generally been in mint condition since they have reinforced boxes and are shipped via DHL.

All brand new pristine boxes

75882 Ferrari FXX development centre £22.49 (retired)

31063 Creator beach hut £10 (retired)

31066 Modular house £14

41146 Cinderella’s enchanted evening £20

I thought about buying an FXX centre at retail price recently as it has had a short shelf life and think it has a chance of doing well but left it - too cheap not to bite at half price now though ??

3FDF9FC6-1518-427E-8FBD-E050FA2A4452.jpeg

• Like 2

Creator 31050 Corner Deli direct from Amazon.

Sent in Amazon bag,  was damaged,  so I sent it straight back. 

Yet another example of 'buyer beware' for retired sets from Amazon. 

2 hours ago, Gary81 said:

31066 Modular house £14

I thought about buying an FXX centre at retail price recently as it has had a short shelf life and think it has a chance of doing well but left it - too cheap not to bite at half price now though 1f44d-1f3fc.png

Nice buy Gary. Where did you find these? 

Edited by Villager Chris

3 hours ago, Villager Chris said:

Creator 31050 Corner Deli direct from Amazon.

Sent in Amazon bag,  was damaged,  so I sent it straight back. 

Yet another example of 'buyer beware' for retired sets from Amazon. 

Nice buy Gary. Where did you find these? 

On the flip side i got a mint condition Queen Dragons Rescue from Amazon yesterday. Always a gamble.

I picked up a few of the Fxxk's from Tesco too along with a few other different sets at 50%. Also left quite a few half price star wars turds behind too.

7 hours ago, Gary81 said:

31066 Modular house £14

I thought about buying an FXX centre at retail price recently as it has had a short shelf life and think it has a chance of doing well but left it - too cheap not to bite at half price now though 1f44d-1f3fc.png

I dont know about "short shelf life" on Speed Champs set.. here (CZE) its been in the shops for more than 18 months.. even know you can get some last pieces in a few stores (discounted).

4 hours ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

On the flip side i got a mint condition Queen Dragons Rescue from Amazon yesterday. Always a gamble.

I picked up a few of the Fxxk's from Tesco too along with a few other different sets at 50%. Also left quite a few half price star wars turds behind too.

I had to leave three FKKs behind, due to box condition. They were terrible. Spoke to cs in store and asked about a reduction, to the response “we don’t reduce lego, the boxes get ripped into and thrown out anyway”. No wonder so much is damaged there with that attitude! If I was into the whole parting out thing I’d have had them, but I’m not.

5 hours ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

"On the flip side i got a mint condition Queen Dragons Rescue from Amazon yesterday. Always a gamble."

Nice one - right click right time. I think this will be fine even with a battered box. The retired Elves sets are appearing less and less. Not seen a Water Dragon for several days now.  

I'm still waiting for Amazon to dispatch a Millennium Falcon that I ordered on the 23rd Jan. 'Expected by 31st January' they tell me. 

4 hours ago, Gary81 said:

I had to leave three FKKs behind, due to box condition. They were terrible. Spoke to cs in store and asked about a reduction, to the response “we don’t reduce lego, the boxes get ripped into and thrown out anyway”. No wonder so much is damaged there with that attitude! If I was into the whole parting out thing I’d have had them, but I’m not.

Yeah I've seen plenty of battered boxes in Tesco that I had to leave.  

20 minutes ago, Ciaraf76 said:

Two Destiny's Bounty - £74.99 each on Amazon.  These are to be combined into one larger ship.

Please keep us in the loop with your build on these, I reckon that is going to be one big boat! And let us know if you manage to find some pdf instructions rather than keep freezing the youtube vid!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Gary81 said:

Please keep us in the loop with your build on these, I reckon that is going to be one big boat! And let us know if you manage to find some pdf instructions rather than keep freezing the youtube vid!

Will do, was hoping to find instructions as the video way would be very frustrating!