What Lego set did you buy today?

19 hours ago, andyposterfan said:

Not in London! 2 pints set me back £11.50 the other day!

18 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

That'll only get you 2/3 of a pint in Reykjavik!

17 hours ago, Will 4 said:

Depends where you go I tend to avoid the tourist pubs

Just My luck, a group of pedantics! ?

I'm not in London, nor Reyljavik or on Holidays(Although I wish I was).

Edited by CrabslayerT

2 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

A solitary 21306 Yellow Submarine just popped up on Amazon Prime UK for £43.99 while I was looking for something else so I ordered it.

I was able to snag 3 more the other day for $57 a piece. I could have gotten them cheaper back in November from TRU, but I didn’t have the funds at the time. I did however use a $100 ebay gift card towards the purchase, so only $71 came out of my pocket. These are really starting to dry up and I’m trying to get my last few before they really go up in price.

I bought a very lonely and beat to hell 21125 Minecraft The Jungle Tree House for $34.37 from Target.  I was able to get the price knocked down a bit because the box was beat up. They gave me an extra 10% off of the clearance price. I don’t usually buy Minecraft sets, but since this is sold out everywhere I figured I’d give it a shot. I could have gotten a Batman Killed Croc set as well but didn’t want to risk holding it forever.

• Like 1

Guys, I'm new at investing in legos and looking for some advice. I am trying to buy the 2016 SDCC Brickheadz and have a lead on a full set but am told they are not numbered (out of 1500) but are marked Sample and was told they were given to Lego employees who could not attend SDCC? I have never heard of Sample sets. Can you provide any insight? Would these have the same investment potential or would they be more or less desirable by collectors? Thank you.

On 1/19/2018 at 4:58 PM, legodelorean said:

I bought a very lonely and beat to hell 21125 Minecraft The Jungle Tree House for $34.37 from Target.  I was able to get the price knocked down a bit because the box was beat up. They gave me an extra 10% off of the clearance price. I don’t usually buy Minecraft sets, but since this is sold out everywhere I figured I’d give it a shot. I could have gotten a Batman Killed Croc set as well but didn’t want to risk holding it forever.

Try going to customer service and asking if the store does "repackage" discounts. Instead of 10% off, the system will automatically take an additional 30% off the last marked price. Used this method on some crushed / damaged Dr. Strange sets yesterday, knocking them down to $10.46 each.

• Like 1

Just now, MinifigW said:

Try going to customer service and asking if the store does "repackage" discounts. Instead of 10% off, the system will automatically take an additional 30% off the last marked price. Used this method on some crushed / damaged Dr. Strange sets yesterday, knocking them down to $10.46 each.

Nice. I’ll try that next time. Thanks for the tip.

149 series 17 Minifigs at £1.50 each from Tesco. Crap price compared to most places so it's going to be a slow burn but out of my 3 locals it's all I could get ?

Poor woman at the till had to unbox 30 of them from individual security boxes as whoever did the clearance stickering couldn't be bothered. Also would like to know how much time was wasted stickering 150 individual items, and now I have to peel all the damn things off!

Also got a couple of PS4 and an XBONE Dimensions starters for £20 each, left the 360 and PS3 versions at £18.

Guest TabbyBoy
5 minutes ago, Villager Chris said:

Ordered direct from Amazon last week (not 3rd party) and received today. Paid £49.99

I wonder how Amazon ended up with this stock! Box is acceptable (apart from sticker), so all good. 

Yes, the odd gem still crops up sometimes on Amazon. I nearly always go direct rather than to reseller scum ;-)

1 hour ago, Villager Chris said:

Ordered direct from Amazon last week (not 3rd party) and received today. Paid £49.99

I wonder how Amazon ended up with this stock! Box is acceptable (apart from sticker), so all good. 

LEGO.jpg

I had some retired Lego items direct from Amazon that were stickered up too. Don't know where they come in from. 

Guest TabbyBoy
24 minutes ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

I had some retired Lego items direct from Amazon that were stickered up too. Don't know where they come in from. 

For all we know, Amazon is an outlet for excess retailer stock. We just need to find out how we can interrupt that process so that we can also be the middleman. I'be seen a lot if LEGO come up in auctions, but it's always job lots of new parts and baseplates, never full sets.

36 minutes ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

Can tell you that Sticker is from Intertoys in Germany... Amazon in Germany - like I assume everywhere else - stores their own stock together with FBA stock in some warehouses and you never know what you get...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Villager Chris said:

LEGO.jpg

Ask them to refund you the difference on the sticker price.