What Lego set did you buy today?

25 minutes ago, LandAhoy said:

Nice i went round TK MAX ,TRU,Argos,Sainsbury's,Debanham's ,Wh Smiths and the Entertainer today all i got was x2 75137 for £15.00 Each from Sainsbury's

There's alot of stories in this forum about getting lego on clearance but that is mainly in USA. In UK it's alot rarer to pickup sets in clearance as most places only do that if:

-store is having a closing down sale

-boxing day / new years sale

-random wild goose chase reported on HUKD 

-rare instore miss price

I've personally stopped shopping instore. Only time I go instore to buy now is when a set is close to retirement / rumour of set being a winner. Even then most of the time it's easier to get online.

In UK the way forward is to come up with a list of winners, and purchase when 3 for 2 sales start. Or to pickup sets that workout to be >60% off in 3 for 2 sales.

This is a simplified strategy buthope.you get my drift.

I've wasted many hours of my life driving around shops hoping to pickup a deal and coming home empty handed, never again. If you add up all the time you spent driving around to shops buying etc, it's not worth it. Sure you might get a bargain, but that will be and exception and not the normal.

My 2 cents.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mhd747 said:

There's alot of stories in this forum about getting lego on clearance but that is mainly in USA. In UK it's alot rarer to pickup sets in clearance as most places only do that if:

-store is having a closing down sale

-boxing day / new years sale

-random wild goose chase reported on HUKD 

-rare instore miss price

I've personally stopped shopping instore. Only time I go instore to buy now is when a set is close to retirement / rumour of set being a winner. Even then most of the time it's easier to get online.

In UK the way forward is to come up with a list of winners, and purchase when 3 for 2 sales start. Or to pickup sets that workout to be >60% off in 3 for 2 sales.

This is a simplified strategy buthope.you get my drift.

I've wasted many hours of my life driving around shops hoping to pickup a deal and coming home empty handed, never again. If you add up all the time you spent driving around to shops buying etc, it's not worth it. Sure you might get a bargain, but that will be and exception and not the normal.

My 2 cents.

I Agree from my sort time buying Lego only went around them all today as was out with the Wife Shopping and i got bored so went for a walk Haha   

4 75103    SW First Order Transporter - TRU (PM to WM)  $53

1 75146    Star Wars Advent Calendar 2016 - WM $21

2 41055    Cinderella's Romantic Castle - WM $35

1 75903    Scooby - Haunted Lighthouse - B&N B&M 10% member + GC   $46 (RRP, but Mint box & I wanted it to complete a package of 5 Scooby sets)

1 76032    Quincity Jet - B&N B&M 30% off + 10% member + GC   $51

(inc. tax)

* of note - I've seen a few retired nice retired sets and 30% off stickers in B&N lately, usually buried at the back of the cases.

Edited by FM

This weekend I was able to grab: 

2x 41063 Ariels sea palace $40

1x 41068 Arendelle castle $35

1x 41135 Livi's pop star house $40 

Not sure if this was good or not but actually found 7 Doctor Who's for $47 but decided to pass on it. Any suggestion? 

Edited by Leopard

Well, Christmas comes but once a year. Went in with the 40125 for $10 each. Found at an out-of-the-way Walmart.  HOORAY.

Stopped by B&N.  Got the 75100 FO Snowspeeder for $26.  30% off + 10% Membership.

Finally, stopped at the LEGO Store. Got a cup of bricks and also went in for the 40236 Valentine's Picnic vignettes. These are cute and also will do well in the near-term and future.  Spent about $28 after some VIP points.

I'm trying to divert more spending to older, retired sets. 

170114 Purchases.JPG

• Like 1