What Lego set did you buy today?

It really does work! I used exciter's time today and here's my proof!
832cdc38f9e60c61970e3cff3ff8a212.jpg

It's all I could buy because they didn't have chip readers back then and most of my money is dated 2011 and beyond.

I also picked up some elves for 50% off at both Walmart and target. Both places didn't have them marked. A few small Friends sets at 50% and a City Fire Boat at 50%.

Also stopped by a Lego store to get the free bat signal poly. Wish I had my kids with me to get more.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

We have a thread for that. ;)

Bought my first Nexo Knight set that's not a polybag today:  70321 General Magmar's Siege Machine of Doom

Found it at Target on clearance for $20

Cool set. My son got this from Santa, he got it at Jet for $24 a month ago ....

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sozial said:

Was my Last one, sorry!

No problem! Thank you anyway!
I still got a 15% discount code. In Austria there was a 17% new years discount code applicable last week, so I ordered several sets like the BWE (42055).
A 20% discount code would be tempting to buy some more sets. Maybe it's good that you don't have any codes left?! ;)

Cheers,
Infi

Technic Porsche 911 from Toys R Us

price matches to Asda at £174 and then used last £20 voucher so £154 buy in.

still in the Lego shipping box so the staff hadn't even got their greasy mitts on it

gunna be a long term hold but it's gotta make money right!!?? :)

IMG_0117.JPG

Edited by GregP
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, GregP said:

Technic Porsche 911 from Toys R Us

price matches to Asda at £174 and then used last £20 voucher so £154 buy in.

still in the Lego shipping box so the staff hadn't even got their greasy mitts on it

gunna be a long term hold but it's gotta make money right!!?? :)

IMG_0117.JPG

Big technic sets usually have a 2 year life, this released June 16 so if we go by previous examples it should be around till end of next year.

This is being sold everywhere for permanent 20-30% now in UK, so could be a very long hold. One positive is that it is a fast seller and very popular set.

Found on CL for $65 (had it shipped).  7893 Passenger Plane from 2006.  NISB.  Front of box has a minor crease at the bottom.  Box is in good shape for its age and the seals are intact.  I am happy with my find and with not having to leave the house to get it!  Would have had to drive 1 ½ hours one way for pick-up.

DSC08830 - Resized.jpg

DSC08836 - Resized.jpg

Edited by LegoWalker4
  • Like 7

Today was a good day.

Walmart #1:

Walmart - 41101 Heartlake Grand Hotel - $64 (battered box, closed seals)

Then popped into Target and found one of the Ultimate Nexo Knights my son was still missing:

Target - 70338 Ultimate General Magmar - $4.98

Paid it forward by tipping off a mom who was shopping for her son's birthday that the King Pig Castle was $44.98 (they had 2 mint boxes), she promptly added it to the full-price U-wing she already had in her cart.

Also found 2x41111 Friends Party Train for $5.03 each (weird price, you'd have expected $4.98 as that's a more common clearance price, but this was 30% off $7.19, which on its own was likely already a sale price as MSRP is $9.99)

Target - 2x41111 Friends Party Train - $5.03 each

Because of those 2x41111 I decided to go all in and go back to my honey-hole WM to see if the remaining 3x41111 and the 4x41171 I spotted there on Sunday and left ($5 each, only took one 41111 for my daughter that day) were still there. Yes they were, in exactly the same neat vertically stacked piles as I had left them (after contemplating buying them on Sunday and scouring the shelves for more copies). Just for fun, as I was scanning other items which were on clearance but didn't drop in price, I ran them through the price scanner and lo-and-behold, they rang up $2.50. Needless to say I loaded them all into my cart.

Walmart - 3x41111 Friends Party Train - $2.50 each

Walmart - 4x41171 Emily Jones and the Baby Wind Dragon - $2.50 each

I promised my wife to pick up a free Christmas Tote at Meijer ($4.24 on clearance, plus 20% off clearance, plus a rewards coupon) so I checked out the LEGO aisle there. Nothing really interesting (there was another small-scale LEGO reseller browsing, he was price checking several items and had the one and only T-Rex Tracker in the store in his cart). Noticed a small basket with some Mixels in it on clearance for $3.99 (25% off). On a whim decided to see what complete series they had and walked away with 8 out of 9 Series 9 Mixels. Had to drive to my other 2 Meijers, which each hardly had any Mixels left, to find the last one (Mysto) in the third Meijer.

Meijer - Complete set of series 9 mixels - $19.12 (after 20% off clearance and some rewards coupons (~$9))

Then I headed out to play poker with my friends and managed to win, which paid for most of my purchases.

Edited by Phil B
  • Like 9