What Lego set did you buy today?

Purchased BB and PR from John Lewis - £110 and £125. Figured with the recent price increase these weren't a bad price, as inevitably these stores will begin to match the SAH RRP. Plus they are are both for personal build for a future street that I'm dying to start (once the wife let's me, cough cough)

Since, like 75% of SYW Rewards members, it was my birthday last Sunday, I received a $7 on $20 coupon, which I used together with some meager Sweeps points to purchase a 75119 Jynn Erso from KMart for $11.54 (54% off). I tried getting a larger purchase in to combine with the Smart Sense promo, but most of the stuff I want is not available for shipping and KMarts in my area are non-existent (ok, a 50 mile drive is not worth it). It was either this buildable as it ships to Sears, more road plates, or letting the coupon expire .....

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Since, like 75% of SYW Rewards members, it was my birthday last Sunday, I received a $7 on $20 coupon, which I used together with some meager Sweeps points to purchase a 75119 Jynn Erso from KMart for $11.54 (54% off). I tried getting a larger purchase in to combine with the Smart Sense promo, but most of the stuff I want is not available for shipping and KMarts in my area are non-existent (ok, a 50 mile drive is not worth it). It was either this buildable as it ships to Sears, more road plates, or letting the coupon expire .....

Happy birthday old bean to you and the 75% of customers you share a birthday with, you should have said. (Sorry, I couldn't edit the s out of Legos)

Image result for happy birthday phil lego meme generator

18 minutes ago, Sprocket77 said:

Happy birthday old bean to you and the 75% of customers you share a birthday with, you should have said. (Sorry, I couldn't edit the s out of Legos)

Image result for happy birthday phil lego meme generator

Haha, nice one. And just for the record, it was not my REAL birthday, in case anyone was planning to send me a LEGO birthday gift today ....

25744713e90f4d212ccb8372c88dfcb4.jpg

I went into Best Buy a couple weeks ago based on a tip posted here by exciter1. After almost giving up, I spotted them: around 50 30277 First Order Star Destroyer polybags with a $1 shelf tag. I picked up 12 and excitedly marched to the register. They rang up as $9.99 each. I mentioned the $1 shelf tag, and the general manager and I went back to the polybags to inspect the shelf tag which she removed. She had to manually change each price. I thanked her and apologized for taking her time during a busy day. She acknowledged that this was a pricing error but had no problem honoring the $1 price. I was back there this week to see them marked at $9.99.

Thanks exciter1, for the tip. This particular deal was a real rush!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, bonedaddy77 said:

Snagged a Ghostbusters Firehouse supposedly new in box off eBay for $250 shipped. Seller had great feedback so will see how it looks

Yeah not sure what is up with that guy looks like he gave away a few sets well below MSRP by ending auctions in the wrong category on a Wednesday morning. The only thing I see with the GBHQ is that it looks like it was opened hopefully only to verify contents. Please update when it arrives. 

Got lucky and was decently close to one of the two stores that did a few 50% off markdowns. Screen Shot 2017-01-05 at 7.37.20 PM.png

x3 41178 Dragon Rescue $34.98 -5% RC and + Tax

x2 41068 Arendelle Castle $29.98 -5% RC + Tax

x1 41177 Precious Crystal Mine $14.98 -5% RC + Tax

Sadly had to leave a Creator Red Dragon that wouldn't show up in the system. The manager marked it to "AS-IS" but they would only do $10.78 (Retail $14.99)

In sharp contrast to another Target I visited that had the following:

Ronin Rex

Genosis Troopers

Both wouldn't show up in the system, after talking to the manager she gave me the RR for $10 (80% off) and pulled up $10.48 for the GT, I politely asked if/ when the Genosis Troopers would get marked down again, considering it had a retail price of $12.99. She looked at her scanner and then rang up an additional 40% discount.

I thanked her for her help and walked out a happy camper!

Screen Shot 2017-01-05 at 7.45.15 PM.png

• Like 4