What Lego set did you buy today?

c67ae45fad5a6d8b352f411723429716.jpg

I placed a in store pick up on walmarts site like 4 days ago. Figured they were sold out of the Lego hulk (only store within 50+ miles with any on tracker) showed 4 in stock so placed order for 3 (19.79 each) highest I've paid for these but seeing how they are sold out on a lot of sites or 3rd party asking double I figured 30% off was good enough.

I got 2 emails today one saying we have some of your order follow up email said one item was not found. Decided to check the stores inventory after holidays. This is a pretty big Walmart and it was not bone dry. 20 U wings and a few other odds and ends. Was able to find a stray hulk (box isn't the best but it's ok) needless to say I got the 3.

I think this is a pretty cool set and will do well post retirement.

For the record every target/Walmart I've been to in the past week (roughly 8-9 stores) they were completely out of any Marvel sets. I know people don't like SH but I think the series will do just fine!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Mhd747 said:

Call me crazy, but I've been buying every 75916 Dilophosaurus Ambush at RRP I can find. 

I'm either going to love this decision or regret it if some new sets come out for the new JW movie in 2018 or any other Dino sets.

:hang:

There are just too much inventory in the wild for these. Not sure if the hype will remain in 2017 for us to flip through the inventory. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, newbie77 said:

There are just too much inventory in the wild for these. Not sure if the hype will remain in 2017 for us to flip through the inventory. 

meh, its the small things. This puppy is under 16oz shipped, so fist class package anywhere in the USA for under $4. Crap like that make thowing it in a box when sold for $40 make it worth it

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, newbie77 said:

In UK JW sets have been quite scarce. most are already 1.5 RRP after only few weeks / months retirement.  

Not alot of inventory compared to USA. I'm just worried most will hit 2 or 3 x RRP then go back down in price. 

RE is 4x RRP.

2 hours ago, justapilgrim said:

meh, its the small things. This puppy is under 16oz shipped, so fist class package anywhere in the USA for under $4. Crap like that make thowing it in a box when sold for $40 make it worth it

Either we are talking about different puppy  but there is no way you can ship 75916 for first class of course unless you throw the box or take stuff out like manual. Set itself is over 1lb. I need to go and check exact but I am pretty sure it's over 1lb. Most likely 1lb 2oz range

Edited by newbie77
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Mhd747 said:

In UK JW sets have been quite scarce. most are already 1.5 RRP after only few weeks / months retirement.  

Not alot of inventory compared to USA. I'm just worried most will hit 2 or 3 x RRP then go back down in price. 

RE is 4x RRP.

30320 at one point reached over 10x RRP is us

still over 6X I believe.

3 hours ago, newbie77 said:

The entire JW theme had a solid sell through this holiday season.  I have some faith with these over the next two years now.  About 6 months ago, I thought it was my worst decision.. now, I think it has some pulse. 

2 minutes ago, fossilrock said:

The entire JW theme had a solid sell through this holiday season.  I have some faith with these over the next two years now.  About 6 months ago, I thought it was my worst decision.. now, I think it has some pulse. 

It might help to consider the sudden disappearance of JW sets from retailer at some point. Didn't they stop producing them or something for a few months? Or did they just have problems keeping up with production?

3 minutes ago, ponderingzissou said:

It might help to consider the sudden disappearance of JW sets from retailer at some point. Didn't they stop producing them or something for a few months? Or did they just have problems keeping up with production?

Dinosaurs are just a popular theme, and I think this theme was very popular over the 2 years it was out.  It's unknown if Lego group will get the license for JW2, but that's going to be a tell tale sign on how far these can go.  Regardless, I think all these sets will at least double by next christmas.  Plus, the amount of people holding stock has dropped in half compared to last year, so many dumped their stock and got out.

• Like 3