What Lego set did you buy today?

Since nobody seems to want to share their EBay coupon deals (are we ashamed or is everybody keeping quiet hoping nobody discovers the hidden gem called White House?), here are my purchases for today:

21033 Chicago Skyline - $0 after EBay Bucks

60134 Fun in the Park - $12.87 after EBay TRU sale price ($30.99), $15 off $75 coupon, and $3 in EBay Bucks (70% off)

I tweaked my accounting to charge me full price for the Iconic Easter minifigure I tossed in to get me over $75. Theoretically it should have gotten 8% off as it was $6 out of a $77 total, but since that's around 50 cents I couldn't be bothered.

Now let's see what TRU actually delivers.

Also today, trying to cash in on SYW Rewards points before the roof caves in at my local Sears:

41311 Heartlake Pizzeria - $17.43 after Sweeps winnings (42% off). Not bad for a set that has been out for 5 days.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Since nobody seems to want to share their EBay coupon deals (are we ashamed or is everybody keeping quiet hoping nobody discovers the hidden gem called White House?), here are my purchases for today:

60134 Fun in the Park - $12.87 after EBay TRU sale price ($30.99), $15 off $75 coupon, and $3 in EBay Bucks (70% off)

I tweaked my accounting to charge me full price for the Iconic Easter minifigure I tossed in to get me over $75. Theoretically it should have gotten 8% off as it was $6 out of a $77 total, but since that's around 50 cents I couldn't be bothered.

Also today, trying to cash in on SYW Rewards points before the roof caves in at my local Sears:

41311 Heartlake Pizzeria - $17.43 after Sweeps winnings (42% off). Not bad for a set that has been out for 5 days.

I used it to buy an Ian mcdiarmid signed emperor lol.

• Like 1

I should have bought 2x Whitehouse.

Instead I bought 1x Batman Movie: Scuttler $70 after taxes (from TRU ebay. I'm selling a few of the minifigures that I don't want... slightly embarrassed that I didn't wait a few months for a better deal but the Poison Ivy minifig is beautiful and the Scuttler looks like a fun build. https://shop.lego.com/en-US/The-Scuttler-70908

Just now, LahH001 said:

Sorry going to keep hold of these until the film comes out. I think these will do quite well.

Thanks anyway.  I asked my local shops and they wouldn't sell me a sealed box and I wouldn't have the time or energy to "smoosh" if that's what it's called!

• Like 1

Thanks anyway.  I asked my local shops and they wouldn't sell me a sealed box and I wouldn't have the time or energy to "smoosh" if that's what it's called!

I got mine from Argos. If you go today before the hoarde descend at the weekend you should be able to get one.
  • Like 1

ordered the detective's office using the coupon on Ebay. $140 total, $0 out of pocket after Ebay bucks. Looking forward this year to building the newer modulars I hadn't gotten around to yet, including this one, Parisian Restaurant & Brick Bank (and now Assembly Square). Pretty excited about that lineup.

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Phil B said:

10 hours ago, Bold-Arrow said:

I bought a HP set with the code and eBay bucks .. 

What is this ebay code that you speak of? 

2 minutes ago, Cozei said:

eBay flash sale last night, check daily deals USA topic.
Assume it is expired now.

Damn, I usually get all of ebay's promotional emails, didn't see anything yesterday.  I have about $100 in ebay bucks and a sale on top of that would have made for a nice purchase on there somewhere.  Thanks for the help.

• Like 1

Damn, I usually get all of ebay's promotional emails, didn't see anything yesterday.  I have about $100 in ebay bucks and a sale on top of that would have made for a nice purchase on there somewhere.  Thanks for the help.

I usually get the eBay bucks messages and emails. These flash sales I never get messages for (folks see it on eBay homepage banner maybe?). Anytime I see them it is because of the group posting in DD. 
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Cozei said:

I usually get the eBay bucks messages and emails. These flash sales I never get messages for (folks see it on eBay homepage banner maybe?). Anytime I see them it is because of the group posting in DD. 

Same here. Thank God for BP.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Thanatos2pi said:

Picked up two sets of the architecture capitol for 58€ each. Not such a big discount like some of you seem to get, but 42% of an architecture set should be okay.

Was from thalia.de with an additional 15% email code.

40% on architecture is good.

Purchased 3 first order transporters for £40 each and 2 Ewok villages for full price, I know stupid me but I wanted one for me and one to long hold just incase. The store employee hated me going "thats too damaged can you see if the others are the same, awesome one with no damage, just need one more now" the look of hatred on his face made me feel bad :)

22 hours ago, LahH001 said:

I got mine from Argos. If you go today before the hoarde descend at the weekend you should be able to get one.

Ugh, last time I bought CMFs from Argos it was when they had Simpsons S2 for £1 each, I thought I'd go in for a round 100 but the basic customer ordering system in store wouldn't let me order more than 16 at a time, so I asked the woman at the till if she could manually add them

Somehow she came up with that should couldn't add more than 5 at a time, and each addition was taking the POS computer a good 5 seconds of processing time.

Turns out the 5 at a time max was made up because she managed to add a few 50 at a times and ended up with 270ish after the computer caught up with itself.

I bought them anyway but they insisted on counting them out of the cases into one huge shopping bag and wouldn't give me the boxes. Very tedious.

Edited by Rog
posted prematurely. Ahem.