What Lego set did you buy today?

Scarecrow special delivery will perform nowhere near as RE. Just because it is a store exclusive means nothing. It's not even in the top 3 sets from the first wave. 

Lego have spent millions on marketing / PR trying to make the batman movie a success, no way they are letting any of the first wave sets retire before a year. They need batman to be perform as good as the lego movie or better, as they know if it doesnt there in serious trouble.

Edited by Mhd747
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, Fleck said:

No unethical practices were acted out in order to reach these prices. Nor was any price matching done.

I simply asked a walmart associate if I could speak to a manager about items in the clearance isle. When the person came back, they introduced themselves as the CSM and ask "How may I help you?"  I simply said I would like to purchase all their Star Wars advent calendars and was hoping she could give me a better price on them. They were marked @ $20. She said " what were you hoping to purchase them for? and I replied $10 each. She then agreed to meet me half way at $15 each. Then I asked about the Lego Jokerland set with the box all beat up on and marked down to $89. Said I would like to purchase it as well if she could also give me a better price on it. She took the box with her and came back about 2 mins later with a new price tag of $57.85

What is the worst thing they will do...say "No"........that is why I said it never hurts to ask.  And yes...I have been turn down before. The last time I was in there to make a deal I walked out with 2 Razor Drift Karts for $ 80 each marked down to $100 from $300

Maybe I should not be sharing this idea....but it is nothing new....it is called bargaining.

Good luck out there and never hesitate to ask..????

I agree with others... No harm in asking. They are discounting the items to move them out of the store to make room for new stock. By lowering the price for someone in this way (further discount) they are moving stock out AND creating a very satisfied customer. One that is much more likely to pop in often looking for more deals in the future. This generates even more sales. If I hear that Walmart (or any other store) is beginning clearance markdowns I will choose to stop at that store for grocery or general merch items instead of the other that I might normally go to in the hopes of finding some deals. Example: I buy most of my groceries and things at Meijer's. I almost never go to Walmart UNLESS its clearance season or I'm trying to find items that I can't find elsewhere.

Striking a deal with a customer in this manner is a win-win. Both parties benefit. 

• Like 1

(2) Ghostbusters Ecto-1 $38 @ Barnes & Noble after *nice* GC

UCS Slave 1 (open box, half built/half in bags) $80 cash - Personal build

(2) Elvendale School of Dragons $9 Walmart

Duplo Large Creative Box 193 pcs $19 Walmart

(9) misc. sets from KMart closing @ 49% off RRP (30% off + coupons)

IMG_20170120_105846.jpg

• Like 3

Well I followed what @Fleck had done and stopped by the Walmart by my work and asked the manager on duty if they would sell the 7 x  75148 for $20ea and the remaining 3 x 70592 for $15ea. The manager politely said he couldn't go lower on 75148 right now but would give me the 70592's for $15 ea. So ended up with those and also found 3 x 30447 for $2.00ea.

70592.jpg

• Like 8

18 minutes ago, MinifigW said:

Screen Shot 2017-01-21 at 6.12.18 PM.png

$15.50 each after tax for store pickup, I personally have a really good feeling about this set. Didn't hurt to get 60% back in points as well :D

How did you get another $50 off? Did you use points? And did you have a coupon to give you $38 back in points? If so, was it targeted or did you get it from somewhere where others could grab it too?

36 minutes ago, Phil B said:

How did you get another $50 off? Did you use points? And did you have a coupon to give you $38 back in points? If so, was it targeted or did you get it from somewhere where others could grab it too?

Used $51 in points, a $4.50 off GC, a $20.00 back on $60 coupon from my PS and $15.00 back on $60 targeted SYW offer. Check your emails for "Way to shop, ________, keep it going with this coupon!"

• Like 4

Bought 70905 Batmobile for $17.39 today (KMart, after $10 off $50 and $32.60 in points) - 71% off.

Also bought .... ahem ... another 71006 Simpsons House (all minifigs, no manuals, no box, missing a few pieces), this time for $76 shipped. Was assuming someone would step in and outbid me but couldn't let it go for that price. I'll either complete it with parts I already have and sell it on, or sell it partially complete once put together. Time will tell if this was a wise decision.

Edited by Phil B
  • Like 3

60080 City Spaceport - net cost $52.17 @ Kmart.com after coupon for $10 in points on a $20 online purchase found on the floor at Kmart :) , discounts, taxes & GC.  I don't think this set is a home run, but its a nice enough $100+ set for 57% off.

• Like 2

Had a pretty eventful day driving around in the torrential SoCal rain, was going to try some $0.99 cents stores but a flash flood warning from my phone convinced me otherwise. Anyway, I made out pretty well.

If you don't like Kmart stories skip the following.

Kmart #1 - Never had been to this one before. Huge, well stocked, very clean (I know, I know, shocker) and judging from the outside decor recently remodeled. Employees where friendly. Picked up my x4 Creator Treehouses ($15.50 each with 60% back in points) and headed over to the Lego section to see if there was anything good. Noticed immediately: A pile of old sets that when scanned showed Kmarts normal 5% off starting clearance price. Next isle over had signs for additional 75% off clearance toys.

Now here's the funny part, a bionicle set actually had one of their blue normal stickers on it, but with the printing of a clearance tag. (even said CLR/D on it). I took it to the register, where it also scanned for the markdown prices without the additional 75% off. The employees wouldn't believe me when I said it was clearance, but after playing around with her scanner one of the bionicles finally scanned for $3.50. The manager voided the transaction and started to ring up my full purchase, but then they all rang up at the original price again. The CSM was very apologetic and took the set with the sticker to the store managers office. 5 minutes later she came back and gave me the full 75% off everything.

x4 Bionicle Lewa (scanned $14.00 -----> $3.50 Retail: $14.99)

x2 Bionicle Pohantu (scanned $14.00-----> $3.50) Retail: $14.99

x1 Nowhere escape mission (scanned $38.00 ------> $9.50) Retail: $39.99

x1 Elves school of dragons (RRP)

Used a $10/$50 and $10 in points, final total was $32 for $150 worth of Lego (79% off)

Screen Shot 2017-01-22 at 9.01.25 PM.png

Walmart - picked over, clearance isle only had buildable figures for 25% off. Did find however one single heartlake grand hotel for $64.00 (RRP $130). Box seals where worn off on one side but it was spider wrapped and complete. Talked to the manager about further markdowns but the best he was willing to do was 10% off. I took him up on his offer.

Heartlake Grand Hotel (1500 pieces!!!!) $63 (after tax) Retail: $129.99

Kmart #2 - My normal Kmart (still 30 minutes away from me) Picked up my 1 Corner Deli ($21) and headed over to Lego where I was happy to find:

x3 Elves School of Dragons (RRP)

Used $10/$50 and $25 in points to get them down to $8.3 each after tax. Not bad.

Screen Shot 2017-01-22 at 9.07.39 PM.png

Final tally of the day (including Kmart.com packages opened. After tax)

x4 Bionicle Lewa $3

x2 Bionicle Pohantu $3

x1 Nowhere escape mission $8

x5 Elves school of dragons $7.5

x1 Corner deli $21

x4 Creator Treehouses $15.5

x1 Hearlake Grand Hotel $63

x6 60106 Fire Starter Kit $3.5

x10 Foals Washing Station $3.4

x3 Fire Helicopters (Kmart BLS) $15.75

x4 Pizzas from Blaze $13 (BOGO Free at my local, no I didn't eat ALL of them :P)

Its not $0.99 Dimensions, but I'm happy. That's what counts, right? ?

• Like 7