What Lego set did you buy today?

We finally found something on clearance at WM for 50% off that wasn't in a pink box! The box is scuffed on the bottom, but the seals are all good. 1600 pcs and all of them half off :)

Also found a few goodies at 99c only Store and picked up a treehouse from Kmart.com for $14.  And a $50 Avenger Tower on a private sale.

mix.jpg

15 minutes ago, FM said:

We finally found something on clearance at WM for 50% off that wasn't in a pink box! The box is scuffed on the bottom, but the seals are all good. 1600 pcs and all of them half off :)

Also found a few goodies at 99c only Store and picked up a treehouse from Kmart.com for $14.  And a $50 Avenger Tower on a private sale.

mix.jpg

Very nice! I'm hoping to find more dimensions at the 99c store. The only ones that I don't have are the ninjago and Chima ones so that isn't asking for much lol. 

1 hour ago, brickolodon said:

After reading all this get my butt out and visit 99only store close to me, ...got unikitty, homer and Bart..left bad cop (tons) and chima Cragger (half a ton)...7 stores to go tmrwd5a90e07dbd3374ae1d10d1186eb58a4.jpg

c4de8c2d3559410aab094bdaadb66889.jpg

Tell me anybody needs them too?

looks like re-stock. today i had a chance to re-visit one and everything is back up 

1. 71223 cragger

2. 71211 bart/burt .. whatever still there

3. 71202 homer not getting much love

4. 71213 more bad cop

new arrivals

1. 71217 Zane

2. 71221 Wicked Witch

3. 71218 Gollum

4. 71219 LOTR

5. 71220 Gimli

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, newbie77 said:

looks like re-stock. today i had a chance to re-visit one and everything is back up 

1. 71223 cragger

2. 71211 bart/burt .. whatever still there

3. 71202 homer not getting much love

4. 71213 more bad cop

new arrivals

1. 71217 Zane

2. 71221 Wicked Witch

3. 71218 Gollum

4. 71219 LOTR

5. 71220 Gimli

Are these new arrivals new for this week? I wonder if the next couple of new shipments to the 99 will include new packs........

25 minutes ago, newbie77 said:

Edited by legodelorean

I bought this early wends day  morning. Two workers approach me and one of them told some guy bought a whole pallet of homers, bad cop, Simpson and kragger he spend 1,500 hundred on the whole pallet. I ask him if they have more he said a whole bunch in the back.  I have to back again for more tomorrow 

IMG_0238.JPG

6 minutes ago, Brian92007 said:

I bought this early wends day  morning. Two workers approach me and one of them told some guy bought a whole pallet of homers, bad cop, Simpson and kragger he spend 1,500 hundred on the whole pallet. I ask him if they have more he said a whole bunch in the back.  I have to back again for more tomorrow 

IMG_0238.JPG

you got me thinking do i need this s**** (shtuff) anymore...or what?

we call it bubble?

I will check my 7+ stores around tmrw but its Vegas...not CA.

one store i visited today got Homer, Bart, Bad cop, Unikitty and Cragger...employee been asked no palets all dimensions on a floor nothing in the back...

Edited by brickolodon

5 minutes ago, Brian92007 said:

IMG_0238.JPG

trust me that's not me :D

Warning - Newbie question ahead!    There are tens of thousands of these hitting the secondary market now.  What's the exit strategy?  Will these eventually sell through and see prices stabilize before everyone that wants one has one?  Is it all about the minifigs and part-outs?  I stocked up on Scoobies bc it has 2 minifigs... just like everyone else, but there's a saturated market waiting to happen too.  I know that to those more educated than I this isn't a pure gamble.  I wouldn't expect anyone to spill the beans on how they operate their business, but perhaps someone in one of the other 46 states could enlighten this noob and others with the same question.  Thanks!

Edited by FM

40 minutes ago, FM said:

Warning - Newbie question ahead!    There are tens of thousands of these hitting the secondary market now.  What's the exit strategy?  Will these eventually sell through and see prices stabilize before everyone that wants one has one?  Is it all about the minifigs and part-outs?  I stocked up on Scoobies bc it has 2 minifigs... just like everyone else, but there's a saturated market waiting to happen too.  I know that to those more educated than I this isn't a pure gamble.  I wouldn't expect anyone to spill the beans on how they operate their business, but perhaps someone in one of the other 46 states could enlighten this noob and others with the same question.  Thanks!

40 minutes ago, FM said:

my statement probably going to derail and cause the price to floor. but with so much inventory these are going to be pretty much beanie babies. [ that's my thought ]

if these are only 10k-50k then that would be absorbed. but if its more than that then it will be the downfall big time. at this time i believe its going to be over 50k of dimensions. 

TLG has done their homework. they focused on east first and released this from FiveBelow and tried to cut west coast off. which probably worked but they were not able to move inventory. yes lot of brick linkers in east went for 500+ for $2,50 and i sincerely hope that they recovered their cost. although east [ michigan, minnesota, nyc, ma, account of large number of stores but seems like TLG were not able to move much ].

reason this time they chose 99cents only store is simply becuase TLG know that AZ, NV, TX, CA accounts for about 25% of brick link stores. [ approx. 918/4203 ] there are over 30: 500k parts stores in these area. even $1k spent by these stores they just absorbed 30k of dimensions. will it be worth more than 0.99 may be may be not.

but these dimensions is the downfall of lego. people and part-a-outers bought sets in quantity for parts and mini figure. 

with CMF and dimensions value was diluted. 

now these dimensions in 0,99 .. i ain't buying any sets to part out :) TLG is going to release those figures in CMF(3,99) or dimensions (0,99)

now i am talking to managers of 99 cents stores and ask if they give me discount if i buy the pallets. they may not right now since its flying off the shelf but pretty soon when these become available regularly .. not going to be that valuable any more and they will sell for less than 0,99

yes TLG came after brick link sellers and part-a-outers .. which in the end going to hurt their own bottom line

Edited by newbie77
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, newbie77 said:

my statement probably going to derail and cause the price to floor. but with so much inventory these are going to be pretty much beanie babies. [ that's my thought ]

International.  
Far as I know, there isn’t anywhere these are available at anywhere near these prices outside the US and no chance we’ll see anything near this level of discount.  Homer level pack, for example, is moving at £15 on eBay UK.   

Anyone that can shift quantity to EU should do well. 

• Like 1