What Lego set did you buy today?

1 minute ago, jaylay said:

My 1st case of Batman minifigs for $200. Feeling good about this whole theme investment wise. Can't wait to start loading up in the sets at a great discount of course.

I think the movie might flop compared to "The LEGO Movie", so don't count your chickens...

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy
20 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

I think the movie might flop compared to "The LEGO Movie", so don't count your chickens...

I agree and I hope that both viewers enjoy the movie. I will NEVER buy sets based on a movie that's not been seen or reviewed thoroughly.

6 minutes ago, jonnyhanukkah said:

crazy talk!  I think this will be on par with The Lego Movie, at the very least.  Definitely will hit 500 million worldwide.  

Yeah, I'm going to have to agree on this.  Batman fans + AFOLs + kids = $$$.  Unless all the funny bits are in the trailers and reviews are awful.

3 minutes ago, donbee said:

From the little clips and things I've seen of The Lego Batman character, he's kind of a jerk. Not a very likable character. He's no unikitty

It's called a "fish out of water" story. He has to adapt to his new situation, meanwhile hilarity ensues.  Didn't you like seeing Ted Danson grow in 3 Men and a Baby?  What about Adam Sandler in Big Daddy?  Just look at the seatbelt scene.  He shows true caring for young boy wonder and consideration for the future. (for clarification, I'm not serious nor did I take your comment serious.  We all know unikitty is the WORST!)

Edited by Sfcommando14
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

I agree and I hope that both viewers enjoy the movie. I will NEVER buy sets based on a movie that's not been seen or reviewed thoroughly.

But you're just a collector now, so you should buy what you want to build and enjoy.  Unless of course you just make proclamations with no basis in reality.  I hear that's going around these days...

• Like 3

Guest TabbyBoy
16 minutes ago, Villager Chris said:

Lego Elves 41173. £17.99 at Amazon UK. Retired and selling for nearly £30 (sold prices) on Ebay. 

Diversifies my collection a little, and my daughter will like it if bombs! 

£29.99 gives £3.40 profit after fees and signed-for postage, hmmm... let me think about that for a minute ;-)

Needs to be <£10 buy-in I think.

26 minutes ago, Sfcommando14 said:

But you're just a collector now, so you should buy what you want to build and enjoy.  Unless of course you just make proclamations with no basis in reality.  I hear that's going around these days...

I do, I'll be building my Porsche over the weekend. The bubble burst last year and a lot of us just don't realise it yet.

1 hour ago, jonnyhanukkah said:

crazy talk!  I think this will be on par with The Lego Movie, at the very least.  Definitely will hit 500 million worldwide.  

Just my opinion, I don't think this is one will have as tight of a script as "The LEGO Movie", it hit a home run.  This will be more of a novelty movie and many have already seen the LEGO Batman character in the slew of DVDs/BDs they've had for Justice League, etc. over the past 3 years, so demand isn't quite there.  The non-Summer/Holiday release will hurt it too (same as "The LEGO Movie"), along with goofy Robin.  This won't be your classic Batman duo.  It won't have a problem hitting 100 million after 3 weeks or so domestic, but after that is questionable.  Lightning won't strike twice in February.  Word of mouth really really sparked an interest in "The LEGO Movie".  Like I said, just my opinion, but the sets are great!

"The LEGO Movie"

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic:  $257,760,692    54.9%
Foreign:  $211,400,000    45.1%

Worldwide:  $469,160,692  
  • Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy
7 minutes ago, Villager Chris said:

>£10 is buy in unlikely as there is little stock elsewhere.

£3 profit is better return than one or two other turds I have bought this year! 

Make that £1.50 once you've bought the box and bubble-wrap and HMRC will (or should) take their slice of what's left. I hope your daughter enjoys it as I bet you'd rather see her playing with it than making a quid on the sale ;-)

4 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

Make that £1.50 once you've bought the box and bubble-wrap and HMRC will (or should) take their slice of what's left. I hope your daughter enjoys it as I bet you'd rather see her playing with it than making a quid on the sale ;-)

She will end up playing with it. There are three females in our house so I have no say!

Guest TabbyBoy
15 minutes ago, Villager Chris said:

She will end up playing with it. There are three females in our house so I have no say!

But you have the balls! ;-)

7 hours ago, feed said:

I’ve picked up some Homer level packs for $4.5 and Portals for $6.5 shipped to the UK. (eBay GSP)
Not decided on Scooby.  I think the level packs are an easier sell over here.   Will see.   

How are you getting them for $6.5 shipped? Thats £5 each and the cheapest one I can find is that much just for the shipping and import fees, for just over £10 each in total. Still probably a good deal for Portal but nowhere near £5!

12 minutes ago, Rog said:

How are you getting them for $6.5 shipped? Thats £5 each and the cheapest one I can find is that much just for the shipping and import fees, for just over £10 each in total. Still probably a good deal for Portal but nowhere near £5!

I bought few early yesterday before prices had moved.  Shipping on the stack isn’t all that more than on one, worked out about $2 each.  GSP can be like that.  

39 minutes ago, redghostx said:

unless shipping was in the same state ( about $10) that person could have lost money on that transaction.

60*.85=51 

25 X 5oz = 125oz/16 = 8lbs 

you can't fit that number in any of the flat rate so will end up paying weight and that volume easily going to be around $20.  [ 51-20=31/25=1.24 ... [cost each 0.999+tax = 1.06] oh yeah made $0,18 per ] whooping $4,50 in the entire stuff :) 

even if you spend time and do magic and use original case to serene wrap its 18X14X19 but there is one sticking "1" lying around.

of course i am hoping that person doesn't use "media mail" to ship :P

Edited by newbie77

5 minutes ago, cory730 said:

Missed it. People are panicking already. 75% off Scooby Doo is no Brainer. It's a win win. People will make $2 on these and double there money and I will make $10 on them by Christmas.

Dimensions could be done by the end of the year, which would hurt the value. I can't see why Lego would continue releasing these when folks don't buy any unless they're half off. Dimensions is a failure (a la Disney Infinity) and everyone knows it.

• Like 1