What Lego set did you buy today?

26 minutes ago, randrace said:

Keep your eyes peeled. Your 99 may be restocked today.

Yep.......I just went today as well.  I had the day off and thought I'd go hunting.  I tried uploading my pic with a cart full but there is an error 200 uploading it.  I FINALLY found Scooby Doo.  I bought 7 sealed boxes.  I'm debating if I should go back and get the rest.  They had a bunch.  I also bought 3 sealed boxes of the Wizard of Oz and 3 sealed boxes of Portal 2.  I also bought 12 other various themes......for the kids.

Is there a Batman theme?  The guy who helped me said that some guy had just cleaned out 34 boxes of Batman and was pulling his truck up to the back of the store.

Edited by legodelorean
  • Like 1

I know i am sounding like a broken record but this dimensions fiasco is just going to be resellers selling joblots to resellers,  in a few weeks time people will realise there is a never ending supply of millions of dimension packs available at 1 dollar stores which will cause price to plummet. 

Sell and make money while you can, don't get caught with hundreds of stock expecting price to go back up. 

6 minutes ago, Mhd747 said:

I know i am sounding like a broken record but this dimensions fiasco is just going to be resellers selling joblots to resellers,  in a few weeks time people will realise there is a never ending supply of millions of dimension packs available at 1 dollar stores which will cause price to plummet. 

Sell and make money while you can, don't get caught with hundreds of stock expecting price to go back up. 

I know they got only half a million....

Screenshot 2017-01-27 at 14.33.01.png

Edited by brickolodon

20 minutes ago, brickolodon said:

I know they got only half a million....

Screenshot 2017-01-27 at 14.33.01.png

This will be my last post on the dimensions subject as I know people are sick of the negative talk.

Of course I can be wrong (I've been wrong lots of times) and dimensions might flourish once stock runs out from the dollar stores, however like I've stated previously, before anyone invests in the next "goldrush" always do research, as sometimes things are too good to be true.

Nintendo Amiibo is a close competitor to lego dimensions, as we don't know lego production runs or sales etc, I think using amiibo details is a good starting point.

Nintendos 2016 annual report states the following for 2016 Amiibo sales:

"In addition to the above, amiibo sales continued to maintain momentum and showed strong performance globally.

The figure-type and the card-type sold approximately 24.70 million units and approximately 28.90 million units," stated on page 6

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2016/annual1603e.pdf&ved=0ahUKEwjx0dKgtePRAhUMJ8AKHcG8BrQQFggaMAA&usg=AFQjCNEw7gQNMVV089ZvSEIDsysDpuhTxw

Everyone can come to their own conclusions, for me the gaming industry produce millions upon millions, and what is being sold at the dollar stores is only the tip of the iceberg. There's a reason why disney infinity  (another toys to life game) decided to cancel their line after dismal sales. If companies are selling millions, and they aren't making money and quitting, think how much shadow stock is out there...

2 minutes ago, Loghamel said:

You do realize if you buy a Scooby Dimensions pack, open the box and throw it away, you now have 2 LEGO minifigures, Scooby and Shaggy,  as well as a buildable MM and a 3-in-1 Scobby snack.  You also have 4 LEGO Toy pads that are great for displaying minifigs.  If you don't see profit there with a buy-in of $1, I think you need your glasses checked. 

Yes, but that would take work. Most of us are used to clicking a button and storing the set for a year, throwing everything into a box and checking their FBA account twice a day and seeing the money roll in. We don't have time to part out. The day Lego becomes a sweat act for me is the day that I join Tabbyboy in Lego retirement :)

13 minutes ago, pete411 said:

Yes, but that would take work. Most of us are used to clicking a button and storing the set for a year, throwing everything into a box and checking their FBA account twice a day and seeing the money roll in. We don't have time to part out. The day Lego becomes a sweat act for me is the day that I join Tabbyboy in Lego retirement :)

I hear what you're saying, but I believe there are a ton of AFOLs out there that KNOW that they can get a Scooby and Shaggy minifig along with a buildable MM by purchasing the Dimension set.  Knowing that and also knowing what licensed minfigs go for, I still believe there's TREX meat left on that bone after a buy-in of .99.

Edit:  Thought I should add;  I have none of these stores near me and the only Dimensions set I've purchased is the Harry Potter set because I'm a HP freak and didn't own a single LEGO from the series.

Edited by Loghamel
  • Like 1

If I saw the ET or Gremlins minifigs on sale for a 1.00... i'd freak... One thing that is nice about the lego dimensions is that once the games become obsolete after a 2 year period... at least the minifigs will hold some value.  The ET, BA Baracus, Ghostbusters, BTTF, and Fantastic Beasts are worth it.  

It's not hard to list a minifigure on amazon... come on.  Who cares about the little blue disk that eventually becomes obsolete... or the lego parts.  Those can be tossed into a giant "Brick per lb" lot.   

• Like 2

We are not the only buyers for these sets. The 99 Cent Store clientele shops there for a reason. Whenever a hot commodity toy comes into stock, they are all over it.

A ton of these will show up at Swap Meets and south of the border for years to come.

They are not our competitors.

Btw - if the Doctor Who Cyberman pack become available, I will have the ultimate Dalek and Cyberman army ever assembled.

• Like 6

My $0.02
The first two waves of dimensions were way over produced, everybody knows that. I never paid more than $4.50 for a fun pack, except to get a green arrow.
but I've seen a significant decline in availability of the later, arguably more desirable, waves. I think Lego learned its lesson. Joined the pre-order game to help judge interest, and will hopeful mature well the next 2-3 years.
I don't think we'll find an A-team or Harry Potter sell-off like this.

If they develop the game and story more with these great characters, it can draw a crowd for some time. There's still a chance for this game.

• Like 2

Yes, but that would take work. Most of us are used to clicking a button and storing the set for a year, throwing everything into a box and checking their FBA account twice a day and seeing the money roll in. We don't have time to part out. The day Lego becomes a sweat act for me is the day that I join Tabbyboy in Lego retirement

Speaking of what did i buy today...this guy, Gary V...my older brother from Belarus, its like me talking myself....great guy.

21 minutes ago, MarleyMoose said:

My local toy shop has lots of older stock but their prices are usually a 10%+ markup of mrsp. They still have a Tri-Fighter and a Bounty Hunter Assault Gunship. Few Brick Bounty's as well at $110.

Great fun to look around the small independents though and support them where possible. Sadly they won't be with us forever. It's a lot more interesting than walking the aisles of Clones R Us. 

• Like 2

Meijer purchases this week:

2x SW Advent $18 (was marked $36)

1x T-Rex Tracker $29.74

2x Volcano Exploration Base 60124 $45

2x Volcano Exploration Base $60 (purchased days before 50% off promo)

1x SW Death Star Final Duel $32

x9 Minecraft Nether Fortress $30

1x Ninjago Master Wu Dragon $20 (purchased days before 50% off promo)

3x Elves Queen Dragon Rescue $17.50

2x SW Captain Rex AT-TE $45

2x Minecraft The Fortress 21127 $38.48 (although not marked they were clearance $76 and then 50% off applied)

Thanks for whomever provided info about the THE Fortress 21127. I didn't realize they were clearance price and eligible for 50% off until you posted.

I'm returning 2 or more of the Volcano Exploration Base to the Richmond KY Meijer today if anyone is in the area and interested. 

Hands down my largest (and most exciting) haul thus far. 

Haul_Jan_2017_Meijers_100_7491.jpg

• Like 6