What Lego set did you buy today?

1 minute ago, feed said:

International.  
Far as I know, there isn’t anywhere these are available at anywhere near these prices outside the US and no chance we’ll see anything near this level of discount.  Homer level pack, for example, is moving at £15 on eBay UK.   

Anyone that can shift quantity to EU should do well. 

shipping is going to kill. easily 2X the cost of the item

6 minutes ago, newbie77 said:

shipping is going to kill. easily 2X the cost of the item

Maybe so, but I would have thought there was enough margin between 0.99 and EU retail pricing to more than cover ship costs on small items.    

Edit to add.  I bought some Electro polys from brick classifieds (back when the GBP was stronger) and turn decent enough profit even after costs.   

Edited by feed

9 minutes ago, feed said:

Maybe so, but I would have thought there was enough margin between 0.99 and EU retail pricing to more than cover ship costs on small items.    

ok. then i will offer you 200 of each at $4,99 you want to take em? [ shipping is all yours ]

if these things were flying off the shelf like everyone thought then prices on these wouldn't have fallen from $29+ to $9,99 at amazon. 

@ 9,99 - [ 1.35[videogame flat fee]+1.50[15%] ] - [3.00 (shipping)] = $4,14 [ gross ]

and it has been only a week. wait its going to fall flat and become more like poly-bags.

[ polys were easier to ship and less volume. these are crap for large quantities. requires large boxes. i.e. i can fit about 7 75103 in a box but barely 74 of these in the same box. weight is about 14lbs...  yeah and most of them were fun packs. ]

yes i have done all of these and making my statement based on experience. 

Edited by newbie77

8 minutes ago, newbie77 said:

ok. then i will offer you 200 of each at $4,99 you want to take em? [ shipping is all yours ]

I’m no where near big enough to handle 200 of each.  But that pricing in the EU and they’d disappear as they’re still £15 on Amazon UK.   Even if you double the $4.99 for ship it’s half current pricing.   

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, brickolodon said:

99c price Avail only in 4 states...i am selling in lots to my east coast customers and asian market...

how many have you moved so far? 100 fun packs. not to burst bubbles. we are talking about more than 10k-100k of funpacks. about 10k of each number.

Just now, feed said:

I’m no where near big enough to handle 200 of each.  But that pricing in the EU and they’d disappear as they’re still £15 on Amazon UK.   Even if you double the $4.99 for ship it’s half current pricing.   

brick link price is below $2,99 for some and only sales so far is barely 300 units in a whole week..... 

15 minutes ago, feed said:

thanks...sorry.

Edited by brickolodon

5 minutes ago, newbie77 said:

how many have you moved so far? 100 fun packs. not to burst bubbles. we are talking about more than 10k-100k of funpacks. about 10k of each number.

brick link price is below $2,99 for some and only sales so far is barely 300 units in a whole week..... 

i got my first batch today, let me list it and in a week i can tell you how its goes...just remind me next Mon

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, brickolodon said:

i got my first batch today, let me list it and in a week i can tell you how its goes...just remind me next Mon

sure. i would be more than happy. if you are able to move lets say 10k or even 50k.. prices will be much better at home :) i.e. here in US. 

Edited by newbie77

As we are talking Dimensions, I phoned up a couple of stores to see if they had some Green Arrows lingering around. One closeby had six at 59E so I picked them up.

We started talking (about the hard times of the B&M shop etc - it was a slow day in the store...) and then we strolled past the "Dimensions Corner". Everything was still there. Bright and new for the customer...

They had never seen such low interest in anything from TLG before.

Almost forgot: 

The store also had plenty of Friends Tour buses, Xeno Knight castles on wheels ... all at -50%. I left that to the lucky parent.

Edited by ZULU

East coast / west coast battle continues lol

meijer / $0.99 store

today from meijer:

4 x 60080 spaceport at $42 each

4 x 75112 grievous at $12.25 each

3 x 70312 lance's mecha horse at $8 each

2 x 75112 Luke skywalker at $8.50 each 

3 x 75113 Rey at $8 each

2 x 75109 obi wan kenobi at $10 each

1 x 76050 crossbones' hazard heist at $8.50

1 x 60114 race boat at $4.25.