What Lego set did you buy today?

Not necessarily "sets", but for a snow scene MOC my daughter and I bought 2 small Pick-a-brick cups full of white plates, bricks and slopes for the price of 1 big cup (as they had run out of those). Basically, with some excellent stacking and filling up of small spaces, $15.99 got us:

300x 1x4 plate

50x 4x6 plate

58x 2x2 plate

48x 2x2 brick

11x slope 45 2x2

273x slope 30 1x2x2/3

25x fence 1x4x2 Paled (picket)

Current BrickLink value of the above haul: $91

Oh ... and since this was yesterday, 2xVIP points :)

• Like 1

Went to TRU this morning looking for ISDs and poes x-wings... no stormtrooper, marked up prices, not a full 15% off GC like ive been used to, but i still convinced myself 3 poes x-wings at 30% off (20%coupon+10%GC) was worth it... hoping these will be going for around 110-120 shipped on ebay in the next few days. From what ive seen it looks like this is the most popular set so far as far as scarcity. Who knows with all this star wars madness going on, the sky is the limit i think

Edited by Jeffrey_Dollars

11 minutes ago, micbelt said:

Not sure how this slipped past me until now, but bought 4 city police dog units for $23.88 each at Walmart. Walmart exclusive listed as retiring soon on shop at home and selling for double what I paid on Amazon right now.

I'll probably buy quite a few at that price point.  They virtually disappeared before October and then the big holiday restock happened and most Wal-Marts have them again.

9 minutes ago, ph4tb0i said:

8 Technic mobile cranes mk2

2 palace cinemas

1 kwik e mart

There's something about the Crane Mk2 that makes me want to buy one every time I see it for sale, even when I already have 3 + 1 for myself.

But when my brain is back I'm skeptical about Technic as investment, having seen how the Unimog, 41999, 9398 have been doing.

Guest ph4tb0i
15 minutes ago, legone3 said:

There's something about the Crane Mk2 that makes me want to buy one every time I see it for sale, even when I already have 3 + 1 for myself.

But when my brain is back I'm skeptical about Technic as investment, having seen how the Unimog, 41999, 9398 have been doing.

tbh I only bought because Santa must've jacked TRU Canada's online system.. 

Mobile cranes were ~150 USD (199.97 CAD)

the other two sets came with the FULL 2015 BRICKTOBER giveaway sets (e.g. all four mini sets). it's almost like getting exclusives for half price right now.