What Lego set did you buy today?

1 hour ago, exciter1 said:

Wal-Marts are starting to unload the trailers.  Found a couple 76009 - Superman Black Zero Escapes for $5 each.

I second this!  Yesterday found 3 Lego The Hobbit Unexpected Gathering #79003 at one of my local Walmarts.  I was excited until I scanned one and saw the $69.99 price tag.  Needless to say I left them all there.  Just couldn't justify it after picking up 7 earlier in the year on clearance at the same Walmart for $49 each.

I am tempted to go back and see if I can hassle the toy manager to mark them down further since they are retired and no longer sold at Walmart.

• Like 2

On ‎12‎/‎21‎/‎2015 at 11:27 PM, Quacs said:

7781 - Batmobile and Two Face Escape

7783 - Batcave

7785 - Arkham Asylum

All complete with boxes and instructions.  For the personal collection - $500.

7781 and 7783 display nicely as a pair (I add the new Arkham because I don't have the old one).  Enjoy the builds. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, msdontplay01 said:

I second this!  Yesterday found 3 Lego The Hobbit Unexpected Gathering #79003 at one of my local Walmarts.  I was excited until I scanned one and saw the $69.99 price tag.  Needless to say I left them all there.  Just couldn't justify it after picking up 7 earlier in the year on clearance at the same Walmart for $49 each.

I am tempted to go back and see if I can hassle the toy manager to mark them down further since they are retired and no longer sold at Walmart.

Even at RRP, you're going to do well on this set long term.  I wouldn't have hesitated on them, to be honest.  Now that the hobbit theme is retiring, this set especially is going nowhere but up.

2 hours ago, brickolodon said:

Is it ymmv or all stores...?...if so need to stop by Target.

I can only speak to the two stores I went to, but it's worth a trip to see. They were so cleaned out on licensed sets they probably just cracked the boxes early. I'm heading 45 min away to find some sw sets at one tomorrow and can report back. 

Not local:

1 - 76023 Tumbler (41R5) -0%, but 7% cheaper tax rate
2 - 75054 AT-AT -20%
2 - 75055 Imperial Star Destroyer -20%
1 - 75054 AT-AT , left behind as a gift
2 - Santa's Visit
2 - Winter Fun
1 - 31036 Toy and Grocery Shop -30%

Safely arrived in both checked and special luggage.

Local:

1 - 75055 Imperial Star Destroyer - 20% but at a higher tax rate
a bunch of small sets for filler
1 - 4842 Hogwarts Castle

Plus some other recent "daily deals"

That's a lot for me but fortunately, someone was able to check 3 bags for free and used 2 of them for me. :)

• Like 1

Imperial Shuttle Tydirium for $23 at Kmart (after points back coupons at Sears on winter coats, etc.)

New and minty Imperial Start Destroyer on CL for $100

Ultra Agents Ocean HQ from TRU for $44 after coupon, TRUTH and a discount gift card

Birds at TRU for $26 after coupon, TRUTH, and a discount gift card

26 minutes ago, Fcbarcelona101 said:

2 First Order Transporters for $55 each. Plan on flipping 1 of them and part out the other one to keep Captain Phasma and avoid paying the $20 it's currently going for on ebay lol

LOL, I bought one for $55 and sold the Captain Phasma on Ebay for $20 so I could get the rest at a discount. Well, and write a review.

11 minutes ago, thoroakenfelder said:

LOL, I bought one for $55 and sold the Captain Phasma on Ebay for $20 so I could get the rest at a discount. Well, and write a review.

Clearly we had completely opposite objectives with this set haha! I'm honestly still not sure if I want to keep the whole thing or just Phasma... I'm just not that into the ship itself, but do want to have the minifigure for sure..

1 hour ago, Fcbarcelona101 said:

Clearly we had completely opposite objectives with this set haha! I'm honestly still not sure if I want to keep the whole thing or just Phasma... I'm just not that into the ship itself, but do want to have the minifigure for sure..

It's a terrible design from TLG. The  FO Troopers look great though. but, get what you can out of them before Jan 2016 sets hit and tank their value.

• Like 1

All used and pretty mint for $500. The guy is a Lego collector and quite meticulous. The set boxes he had were all flattened and mint. All built except the AT-AT.

10228 Haunted House - keeper - mint box and instructions

10178 Motorized AT-AT - keeper - mint box and instructions

10230 Mini Modulars - keeper - mint box and instructions

10213 Shuttle Adventure - not sure yet if reselling - mint box and instructions

10241 Maersk Line Triple-E - not sure yet if reselling - mint box and instructions

79108 Stagecoach Escape - will sell - no box

8386 Ferrari F1 Racer - will sell - no instructions or box

6933 Spectral Starguider - will sell - no box instructions are good

6975 Solar Snooper - will sell - no box - instructions are good

6878 Sub Orbital Guardian - will sell - no box or instructions

17 random series minifigures- will sell 

I think that is it but I feel like I'm missing something.

• Like 7