What Lego set did you buy today?

Guest TabbyBoy

4x 10188 Death Star from Smyths Toys for £1000 all in when I asked the local manage for a discount. These take up a lot of space and I hope to QFLL 3 of them within 28 days to pay for the 4th one.

An R2-D2 from local FreeAds for £100 in slightly squashed box which I'll build.

6 hours ago, botchy123 said:

1 Hulk Lab and 2 Big Ben £87.47 with free £ 20 pound gift card

1 Pet Shop   RRP                with                           "                        "

1 beat up sealed Tumbler £129.99  to build on Boxing Day :)

Good stuff, i really enjoyed the tumbler build. Although I think it will take you past boxing day ;)

32 minutes ago, zak001 said:

Walked into LLCA for 20% off membership days. I'm not going to say how much I spent, but I "saved" over $200.

if you saved over $200 then basically you spent over $1000 :) ... common man my imaginary 5 year old knows that much. :)

Edited by newbie77
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Lordoflego said:

Nice.....as I know how strict they can be......especially that they recognize me in 2 local Lego stores.....

20 hours ago, solidpro17 said:

lol! I'm glad they don't recognize me :) and very happy I received 3 ornaments

It might actually play to your advantage to become recognized as a 'valued repeat customer'. Unlike Shop @ Home, the managers of the stores want to sell high volume; it may even play into their salary or year end bonus. If played carefully you might be able to get yourself some inside angles through your local store manager. Recently managed to get some Brick Bounties at BF markdown, plus Gingerbreads, a full week after BF. Sometime's it doesn't hurt to ask! 

And to stay on topic, not today, but grabbed 2 of those 24 Hour Racecars off Sears Wednesday afternoon. Now in shipped status. 

25 minutes ago, Zelgazra said:

It might actually play to your advantage to become recognized as a 'valued repeat customer'. Unlike Shop @ Home, the managers of the stores want to sell high volume; it may even play into their salary or year end bonus. If played carefully you might be able to get yourself some inside angles through your local store manager. Recently managed to get some Brick Bounties at BF markdown, plus Gingerbreads, a full week after BF. Sometime's it doesn't hurt to ask! 

And to stay on topic, not today, but grabbed 2 of those 24 Hour Racecars off Sears Wednesday afternoon. Now in shipped status. 

No, it doesn't play to my advantage, they know my face, they know my name, when 41999 came out they were very strict with purchase limit to the point that they would call each other between local stores: hey! He was here, he purchased this, I know it because I guess one manager likes me so he would tell me that. When I mentioned once to him that I resell Lego, he didn't want to hear about it because he said that they r not allowed to sell to resellers but I'm nice, always polite so that's why he said he likes me in comparison to other rude resellers that I guess he dealt with. Back to 41999, I originally had 18 of them (down to 1 now) but I had to send friends to the store because they wouldn't sell to me anymore remembering my face from day before. Once, I called to see if local store had any of 41999 left, they told me yes, I drove to the store, they saw my face, didn't sell it to me...

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Zelgazra said:

Ahh, see that part there would counter the part where I said 'if played carefully'. Whoops :(

My store couldn't care less if you traveled from Alaska or live next door and am a reseller;  they are very strict on limits and no amount of winking and smiling will change that.  And being "recognized" is NOT an advantage.

Walgreens had a crazy deal today. 20% off entire purchase with friends and family code on the app. In addition, if you hit $100 in a transaction then you get $20 to spend on an purchase $30 or more next week. To add to that, you still rack up balance rewards. I hauled in a bunch of microfighters (lots of MF and tie-fighters), Series 1 Simpsons, Series 3 and 4 Mixels sets, and penguin faceoffs to hit $100. I will use the $20 on some The Dungeon sets next week where I could end up paying $10 each set.

EDIT: Forgot to mention I used Apply Pay with Discover to get additional 10% cashback.

Edited by deathofsuperman
  • Like 1