What Lego set did you buy today?

20 minutes ago, Deeker said:

Just bought another two santas workshops from Lego.   I am seeing no inventory available on Amazon, target, and Wally World.   Maybe it is done. 

good luck. its a nice set but AMZ has a boat load and TLG produced it throughout the year to make sure this set won't experience the shortage it had last year.

longer term depends on how long its kept alive

Had my shopping cart loaded up last night but never pulled the trigger. Missed out on a batch of 5 WKB... looks like they've been pulled from the site entirely, I guess the allocated Ships Dec 21 stock got eaten up. Disappointed in myself hehe. 

So before they're also gone, ordered a 5 stack of Melting Rooms and 3 Coin Banks (really not sure on this one, but I've eyed it several times over the last few months thinking it was neat...needed to push $75 for free shipping so figured at a discount, why not?).

Even though they're small sets, and I'm within limits, I feel like I'm tempting the ban-hammer with the number of purchases I've made in the last 45 days....We'll see! 

A nice supply of Snowspeeders and Jedi Interceptors at two Kroger stores for MSRP.  Never have I bought so many full price sets at Kroger where I typically only go for clearance, but these two are disappearing everywhere around here even Barnes and Noble.  I'm pretty sure these wouldn't have lasted until after Christmas mark-downs.  At least I will get a discount on gas later on.

• Like 1

FM was doing its Mejier imitation

40% off- I grabbed snowplows, B-wings, phantoms, snowspeeders, battle packs, nicrofighters, some more milanos ($45), some batman duplo, full set of pirates, new elf Pegasus set, a few others, but those were highlights

Left a bunch of chima, xmens, bionicle (should I grab any 40% off??), city stuff

• Like 3

3 hours ago, zskid00 said:

A nice supply of Snowspeeders and Jedi Interceptors at two Kroger stores for MSRP.  Never have I bought so many full price sets at Kroger where I typically only go for clearance, but these two are disappearing everywhere around here even Barnes and Noble.  I'm pretty sure these wouldn't have lasted until after Christmas mark-downs.  At least I will get a discount on gas later on.

Dang. I never pay msrp at the krog either. I patiently stalk it at the times they reset the prices with my oddball night shift hours. To pay full price though.....trying times are these.  Are speeders for long term or flip?

I'm not sure.  I was a bit surprised to see both of these sets sell out so quickly and almost inevitably head towards retirement.  I did pick some up in October at TRU and during double VIP from Shop at Home, but these ones at full MSRP I may flip.  The Amazon price for both is $50+ right now.  If they go up in the next couple weeks I will sell, otherwise I may just hold them all for a while.  I have been checking all retail stores around here in the last few days (Target, Walmart, TRU, Meijer, B&N) and they've disappeared so Kroger was my last chance to get some more.

16 minutes ago, zskid00 said:

I'm not sure.  I was a bit surprised to see both of these sets sell out so quickly and almost inevitably head towards retirement.  I did pick some up in October at TRU and during double VIP from Shop at Home, but these ones at full MSRP I may flip.  The Amazon price for both is $50+ right now.  If they go up in the next couple weeks I will sell, otherwise I may just hold them all for a while.  I have been checking all retail stores around here in the last few days (Target, Walmart, TRU, Meijer, B&N) and they've disappeared so Kroger was my last chance to get some more.

I'd hold the interceptors for a while.  While that one is being redone as Obi's interceptor, to really complete that scene you need the two.  I noticed a big spike even on the vulture droids over the last week and a half.  But, I see that one just going up.  I think you'll get 20 to 30 more dollars out of each one if you hold it for a few more months. Snowspeeders, i'm not so positive about because on may the 4th, I think the hoth base gets released, and a snowspeeder is included in it from the rumors.  Probably won't have luke in his orange flight jacket, since he'll more than likely be hanging upside down in the wampa cave.